Sip game being re broadcast on

2,923 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The SEC network.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dixichkn
AG
Tanner Witt is still watching that Mikey bomb in orbit
Luke The Drifter
AG
dixichkn said:

Tanner Witt is still watching that Mikey bomb in orbit

Had it not hit the light pole, I'm convinced it would have landed in Dallas.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Faustus
Tough losses.
UT lost to the champs 2-1 and 4-3 while facing the Bednar/Simms combo twice. Texas in the non Bednar/Simms game beat Miss. St. 6-2 (to go with wins over Virginia and Tennessee to finish 3-2 at the CWS).

Texas actually fared better against Miss. St. than Vandy did, all while having to face the Bednar/Simms combo twice to Vandy's once. Texas run differential against Miss. St. was better than Vandy's too (plus 2 for Texas, vs. minus 14 for Vandy).

Not a championship, but a pretty fun run to the final four.

Miss. State was the better team, and I was happy to see the Bulldogs win once Texas was eliminated.

Tex100
AG
Texas actually fared better against Miss. St. than Vandy did,

How did Texas do against SEC competition this year?
Luke The Drifter
AG
Faustus said:

Tough losses.
UT lost to the champs 2-1 and 4-3 while facing the Bednar/Simms combo twice. Texas in the non Bednar/Simms game beat Miss. St. 6-2 (to go with wins over Virginia and Tennessee to finish 3-2 at the CWS).

Texas actually fared better against Miss. St. than Vandy did, all while having to face the Bednar/Simms combo twice to Vandy's once. Texas run differential against Miss. St. was better than Vandy's too (plus 2 for Texas, vs. minus 14 for Vandy).

Miss. State was the better team, and I was happy to see the Bulldogs win once Texas was eliminated.

Ahhh, the transitive property of sports contest outcomes. If you want to apply that logic, A&M performed better against Texas than just about everyone else. I meana 1.000 winning percentage in 2021, allowing 0 runs and only 3 hits along the way. Seems impressive when you can pick abs choose your data set.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Faustus
Tex100 said:

Texas actually fared better against Miss. St. than Vandy did,

How did Texas do against SEC competition this year?

Not as well during the regular season. Something like 3-4 instead of 2-2.

FWIW I think Vandy was better than Texas too. It was a pretty fortuitous run along with some good wins at the end.
Faustus
Luke The Drifter said:

Faustus said:

Tough losses.

Ahhh, the transitive property of sports contest outcomes. If you want to apply that logic, A&M performed better against Texas than just about everyone else. I meana 1.000 winning percentage in 2021, allowing 0 runs and only 3 hits along the way. Seems impressive when you can pick abs choose your data set.

I was just piping in to say that I enjoyed Texas' season regardless of how far the HR flew, and pointing out that Texas played the champ closer than the other competition.

That doesn't mean Texas would beat any of the other teams just because it gave the Bulldogs their sternest test.
Aggies2009
AG
Faustus said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Faustus said:

Tough losses.

I was just piping in to say that I enjoyed Texas' season regardless of how far the HR flew, and pointing out that Texas played the champ closer than the other competition.

That doesn't mean Texas would beat any of the other teams just because it gave the Bulldogs their sternest test.

This thread is about one game, not another teams season.

And yes, we thoroughly enjoyed the game too.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Faustus said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Faustus said:

Tough losses.

Kent State and Tulane beat MSU the same number of times this year as Texas did. Missouri did it twice as many times as the Horns.

Faustus
I've said that I thought Vandy was better and that Texas' performance didn't mean that it would have beat any other team in the CWS other than those it did.

I don't get many threads about Texas at the CWS on my preferred site and went overboard on the positive stuff/stats. I'll cede the field in disarray.

Luke The Drifter
AG
Faustus said:

I've said that I thought Vandy was better and that Texas' performance didn't mean that it would have beat any other team in the CWS other than those it did.

I don't get many threads about Texas at the CWS on my preferred site and went overboard on the positive stuff/stats. I'll cede the field in disarray.

All good...just needling you a little bit. Gotta grasp at whatever straws you can when your team checked in its gear and fired its coach a month before some of the other teams did.

Faustus
Luke The Drifter said:

Faustus said:

All good...just needling you a little bit. Gotta grasp at whatever straws you can when your team checked in its gear and fired its coach a month before some of the other teams did.

Aggies2009
AG
Faustus said:

You're a gentleman and a scholar.
W
AG
the horns' salad days in an easy conference...appear to be coming to an end
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

the horns' salad days in an easy conference...appear to be coming to an end

If by "appear to be" you really mean "it's already done deal and could happen virtually immediately," then you are correct.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.