Cape Cod League Players?

4,637 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RookieW1221
aggieswmr04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are headed to the Cape in a few weeks. Always catch the home games in Orleans and always try to find the games with the Ags.

I know Taylor Smith is playing for Falmouth and Logan Britt for Chatham, any others we missed?

A few years ago we saw Logan Foster play and the kids really enjoyed it.
TarponChaser
Are they playing the Cape Cod league this year? They cancelled it last year.
Wicked Good Ag
YES
aggieswmr04
As far as I know they are. When I called a few weeks ago to find out about the camps for the kids they did say they were having them.

It will be nice to have them back.
austinag1997
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

YES

Username checks out. LOL!
Foxo
AG
Ags at other leagues ??
BBGigem
AG
Foxo said:

Ags at other leagues ??

Coastal Plains League - Savannah - Nathan Dettmer, Thomas Vincent (in portal)
California League - Walnut Creek - Trevor Werner, Jordan Thompson, Walker Zander
California League - Healdsburg - Austin Bost, Ryan Targac, Kimball Schuessler
Alaska - Mat Su - Alex Magers, Will Johnston, Wyatt Tucker
Texas Colligate League - San Antonio - Rody Barker
Texas Colligate League - Brazos Valley - Zane Schmidt
Prospect League - Danville - Koby Andrade

The ones I know of as of now.
830Aggie830
BBGigem said:

Foxo said:

Ags at other leagues ??

California League - Walnut Creek - Trevor Werner, Jordan Thompson, Walker Zander
California League - Healdsburg - Austin Bost, Ryan Targac, Kimball Schuessler
Prospect League - Danville - Koby Andrade

Why on Earth is Bost in the cali league? Man hit 300 with 10 HR this year. I guess he didnt want to boost any draft stock by playing in the Cape? Not sure on this year but I know for a fact the California league has been awfully short on competition in the past. Someone get Bost on a plane to Massachusetts ASAP.
tcow715
AG
I highly doubt he just chose to go there. The coaching staff normally gets the player on rosters about halfway through the season.
aggieswmr04
Can't upload the pic, I blame the husband.

Logan Britt played for Chatham tonight got a double, a run, and made a great catch in Left Field.

Met him after the game and what a great guy. Spent at least 20 minutes talking with us. Signed my kids' foul ball, and gave my son a bat. He's looking forward to a normal year of Aggie Baseball. Looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow and Taylor Smith on Tuesday.
wareagle044
tcow715 said:

I highly doubt he just chose to go there. The coaching staff normally gets the player on rosters about halfway through the season.

Do the coaches work with these teams to get them assigned to Summer league programs with specifics on what to work on with them while there?

My dad is friends with someone who was a GM for a team in the Carolina League that was similar. He was in Auburn one time scouting some players, but I didn't really ask at the time how that whole process worked. Are these Summer programs trying to put together winning teams or is it more about the development and instruction from collegiate coaches partnering with the programs?

Simple version of question: Do the players get to decide if they want to go to a certain Summer program or are they designated for assignment by their head coach? Are they "drafted" or recruited by the summer league organizations?
wadd96
AG
BBGigem said:

Foxo said:

Ags at other leagues ??

California League - Healdsburg - Austin Bost, Ryan Targac, Kimball Schuessler (tu transfer)
Prospect League - Danville - Koby Andrade (in portal)

fify
2020P.O.
wareagle044 said:

tcow715 said:

Do the coaches work with these teams to get them assigned to Summer league programs with specifics on what to work on with them while there?

My dad is friends with someone who was a GM for a team in the Carolina League that was similar. He was in Auburn one time scouting some players, but I didn't really ask at the time how that whole process worked. Are these Summer programs trying to put together winning teams or is it more about the development and instruction from collegiate coaches partnering with the programs?

Simple version of question: Do the players get to decide if they want to go to a certain Summer program or are they designated for assignment by their head coach? Are they "drafted" or recruited by the summer league organizations?

As I understand it for this yearthey were "asked" if they wanted to go. "Asked" = referred/urged/etc. The teams coaches pretty much were informed what role they wanted them to play.doesn't mean they stick to that. If they didn't go they were supposed to stay in CS and work out. Then the whole coach change and I can't say as I know since then. It's going to be interesting to see who all returns. More names that are not on the portal list are rumored to be leaving. Only rumors at this point.
Foxo
AG
Brazos Valley Team Roster

https://bvbombers.com/team/roster/

Schmidt (is he gone?) hitting 0.136
RookieW1221
California Collegiate League
www.calsummerball.com
Thompson, Bost, Zander, Werner, Targac
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.