Hutch is coming back!

8,227 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by powerbelly
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made my day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
Good to hear
drthoop
AG
Good to hear.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
WallyWonka
AG

Attababy!! I believe that's a very good/wise move.
twk
AG
Always good to have someone on staff who knows where the bodies are buried.
hunter2012
AG
It helps with landscaping too, some areas just don't need fertilizer.
Spyderman
AG
hunter2012 said:

It helps with landscaping too, some areas just don't need fertilizer.
Does he do pest control as well?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
vander54
S
Remind me what his title is again
twk
AG
vander54 said:

Director of baseball operations. Runs the camps, handles travel logistics, and stuff like that. Can't actually do any coaching on the field.
vander54
S
twk said:

vander54 said:

Director of baseball operations. Runs the camps, handles travel logistics, and stuff like that. Can't actually do any coaching on the field.

Thanks. So any word on who will be our S&C guy?
jkag89
twk said:

Always good to have someone on staff who knows where the bodies are buried.
Ah so that is how he kept his job when the program transitioned from MJ to RC,
woodometer
AG
Great to hear he is staying on. When Hutch was a player, we (The Raggies) kept track of how many times he would hit a batter. Never wanted to dig in and we always let the batter know.
Ag 11
AG
Glad he's coming back. I randomly found this the other day going through my old baseball cards

AgAcGuy12
AG
Glad to hear. I know he was very close to Rob and I know Rob's non renewal was hard on him as well. That said I feel like he does a really good job at his job and is a good person as well. I'm glad to have him as a friend and a customer and look forward to seeing him next season.
ensign_beedrill
AG
That's good news!
JohnnieBB
AG
Great news and glad Hutch is coming back. He is an excellent coordinator and friend of all players. I also consider him a friend.
sburg2007
Superb!
HarveyBirdman
AG
Its "THE Hutch"
EFE
AG
This is great news. Watching his old VHS of him getting pummeled on the mound in the minors for plunking a guy twice his size is must see TV.
AgBanker
My son went to one of his camps this week. Seems to be passionate about baseball and A&M. I don't know much about him. Can someone explain his history? He mentioned he had a son that playeddid he play at A&M? What's he doing now?
Duck Blind
carawacl
AG
His son Jace is a pitcher going to Texas. Was at Blinn the past couple of years.
Sandman98
AG
AgBanker said:

My son went to one of his camps this week. Seems to be passionate about baseball and A&M. I don't know much about him. Can someone explain his history? He mentioned he had a son that playeddid he play at A&M? What's he doing now?

Played at A&M and was a top prospect for the Rockies. Had arm issues and came back to school as grad assistant in 96/97. Has been director of Operations ever since. Excellent human being and is needed in that clubhouse and dugout. He should be in that role until he's old and gray if that's what he wants.
dermdoc
AG
Sandman98 said:

AgBanker said:

Played at A&M and was a top prospect for the Rockies. Had arm issues and came back to school as grad assistant in 96/97. Has been director of Operations ever since. Excellent human being and is needed in that clubhouse and dugout. He should be in that role until he's old and gray if that's what he wants.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bocephus
AG
Sandman98 said:

AgBanker said:

He always said you were smart.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
TarponChaser
Met Hutchins on Friday when my oldest was at camp. It was for younger kids (those headed into 4th, 5th, and 6th grade - my son is 11 in a couple weeks and headed into 6th) but they ran it more like the scouting/evaluations they do for HS kids who are college prospects and college kids who are pro prospects. My son really loved the evaluation and teaching aspect. He's gone to Rice baseball camp a couple times and we know several who have gone to UH camps and those weeklong camps weren't really instructional or evaluating them as to what they need to work on improving; they were a little bit but most all of it was fun & games rather than getting coached up.

I liked the way Hutchins and the camp staff ran things. They were very instructional and I appreciate that. Going to camp to learn vs. just glorified day care. The evaluations they gave the kids were detailed and actionable in terms of stuff to work on.

Hutchins is definitely an asset to the program.
Bocephus
AG
TarponChaser said:

Met Hutchins on Friday when my oldest was at camp. It was for younger kids (those headed into 4th, 5th, and 6th grade - my son is 11 in a couple weeks and headed into 6th) but they ran it more like the scouting/evaluations they do for HS kids who are college prospects and college kids who are pro prospects. My son really loved the evaluation and teaching aspect. He's gone to Rice baseball camp a couple times and we know several who have gone to UH camps and those weeklong camps weren't really instructional or evaluating them as to what they need to work on improving; they were a little bit but most all of it was fun & games rather than getting coached up.

I liked the way Hutchins and the camp staff ran things. They were very instructional and I appreciate that. Going to camp to learn vs. just glorified day care. The evaluations they gave the kids were detailed and actionable in terms of stuff to work on.

Hutchins is definitely an asset to the program.

He is one of the smartest guys you will ever meet and happened to throw a mid-90s fastball.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
agcrock2005
AG
Saw that his son is committed to play for Longhorns next year. Seems odd for kid that grew up here. Any insight as to why he didn't come here. Seems he committed before RC was fired.
ColoradoMooseHerd
agcrock2005 said:

Saw that his son is committed to play for Longhorns next year. Seems odd for kid that grew up here. Any insight as to why he didn't come here. Seems he committed before RC was fired.
He committed in the fall. I don't believe he was heavily recruited at the time

Blinn
Freshmen - 1 win 1 loss 7.89 ERA
Sophmore year 4 wins 4 losses 4.76 ERA

He has had some issues with control
powerbelly
AG
agcrock2005 said:

A lot of kids don't want to go to college in the town they grew up in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.