RC Possibly To LSU

8,200 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rafer69
Warsteiner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I figured he wouldnt entertain anything but a HC position
vander54
S
Came in here to post this.

World's worst proofreader
hunter2012
AG
Was our split with him so bad that he would stoop to become a corndog? Better to retire than be a corndog.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
hunter2012 said:

Was our split with him so bad that he would stoop to become a corndog? Better to retire than be a corndog.

Speaks more to him and what is thought of him by other programs than it speaks of us. RC was given plenty of resources and time to build his own program.
twk
AG
Rice should have hired him as head coach, but, absent some other job coming open, he's likely to be pitching somewhere next year. I kind of figured he might catch on with a big league club working as a roving instructor in their farm system, but that would probably involve a lot of travel. A job with LSU would probably pay as much, and involve less travel.
Leander - Ag
AG
Meh
aginlakeway
AG
hunter2012 said:

Unless you want to continue to get paid very well and coach at arguably the best baseball school in the country.

This would be a great landing spot for him.
Lance Uppercut
AG
The pitching coach at LSU made around $300k last year. The head coach at UH, one of the rumored new jobs for Childress, made around 300k after a raise in 2019.

12th Man Stan Account
AG
It sure would be a shame if Coach Earley had us hitting lots of dingers next time we played LSU...
Little Rock Ag
AG
I thought maybe he'd reunite with Van Horn in Arkansas for a season or two, but I don't guess they have the room on their staff.
BurnetAggie99
Rob if he does take a assistant coaching job won't be a assistant long but that shows Rob's character as he do whatever man has over 600 wins as HC in Big 12/SEC as the head dude
BurnetAggie99
Also hearing Sealy to LSU as well Rob's kid plays Bandtios and that's what I'm hearing
MadDog73
AG
Seeley is going to Okie lite
BurnetAggie99
MadDog73 said:

Maybe a lot of talk he's LSU bound but looks that way. I know all those guys from Bandtios and Rob's kid plays on our 17u scout team
MadDog73
AG
If our former coaches end up at LSU, there will be a lot of corn dogs storming Woodward's office.
Sandman98
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

MadDog73 said:

Maybe a lot of talk he's LSU bound but looks that way. I know all those guys from Bandtios and Rob's kid plays on our 17u scout team

He's official to OSU. He'll do really well there. Cheap public school that treats Texans as in state students. He'll bring good players there (and they have badass new facilities).
91AggieLawyer
AG
The 2 or 3 on here that pay any attention to my posts know how I feel about Childress. However, I think he'd be a nice fit in a Big 10 type school if that's where he wanted to end up. If he wanted to, I think he could get a school like Iowa, Northwestern, or Illinois to become a consistent regional qualifier. Some of those schools are on different academic schedules and living on the road in February and March, prior to Big 10 games, isn't the problem it would be down here. I think coaches with southern ties can better manage that (they know who can host them and who can't) and Childress has the stripes to tell the AD what is needed to build a consistent 30-35 win baseball team that will be competitive in regional play. Its just a matter of whether they (the school) will buy into it or not. Or, baseball is something to occupy their time until football, er, basketball season starts.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with finishing out his career as a pitching coach.
Buford T. Justice
AG
No where does it say that LSU is pursuing RC for an assistant job.
96ags
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

MadDog73 said:

I'll give you credit man, you never miss an opportunity to name drop the banditos.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
96ags said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

MadDog73 said:

I'll give you credit man, you never miss an opportunity to name drop the banditos.

Burnet, huh? Repetitive statements of facts that are well known by everybodyDid you know that Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy are roommates?
trouble
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

No where does it say that LSU is pursuing RC for an assistant job.

Riiiiiiiiiight?

That's not what Kendall's tweet says at all.
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Kendall is just speculating on who he would hire. I did see this:

Not sure this guy has any insider info, so take it with a grain of salt. But he's the only other person I've seen mention Childress to LSU.
KBAGOLFER
Remember how awesome our rotation and bullpen were last year? I do, take him LSU. I'm sure he'll be fired up to face us. He seems to be guy who would want to tiger revenge since we hired the guy who beat our best teams every year

He'll bring the white knuckled hitting to the kitties too, somehow
hogfan14
Little Rock Ag said:

I thought maybe he'd reunite with Van Horn in Arkansas for a season or two, but I don't guess they have the room on their staff.
I think he'd be Van Horn's first call if the current pitching coach moved on but it would be sort of a weird transition since Arkansas focuses so much on technology and biomechanics now and Childress is pretty old school. The trend lately seems to be hiring younger assistants in college baseball.
Aggies2009
AG
hogfan14 said:

Little Rock Ag said:

I think he'd be Van Horn's first call if the current pitching coach moved on but it would be sort of a weird transition since Arkansas focuses so much on technology and biomechanics now and Childress is pretty old school. The trend lately seems to be hiring younger assistants in college baseball.
He's very old school.

We have TrackMan and Synergy but he just didn't use them enough.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
The new coach will and he will Add some driveline systems as well, which is a Very very good thing!
TAM85
hunter2012 said:

That is a weird way to look at it.
91AggieLawyer
AG
nm
Aggies2009
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

The new coach will and he will Add some driveline systems as well, which is a Very very good thing!

Excellent! Excited to see what he uses!
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Here's an article on driveline Here
rafer69
"big league club working as a roving instructor in their farm system"

This would be disastrous for that club.
rafer69
It's not just the lack of using tech. Rob had a diff way of teaching mechanics that most times conflicted with what guys had been taught by their private PC. Big arm guys really struggled with it but it really helped soft tossers get more movement by getting on top of the ball.
monarch
S
Some people are better assistants than HC's. He's a hell of a pitching coach.
Peace for Ukraine!
rafer69
Mmmk
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.