The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

186,443 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Basketball and Chain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

And now we have a coach from one of those teams as our HC.

Yep

People's goal is apparently to "win a game in Omaha" and he's done that. Hence, we end up with Schloss.

I hear those national championship coaches are readily available. Tons of them out there looking to make a move.

Guess we could've hired Pat Casey.
Luke The Drifter
AG
94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

An all-SEC finals series. Yea team, I suppose.

Yeah, don't really care. I do think it shows that given the right mindset, a few breaks, and a couple of players, the Ags' 9-21 isn't that far away from being good.

Oooooh, I've gotta respectfully disagree with you here. We were a long, long, long way from being good in 2021. I think we did get several breaks along the way. How else can you explain wins over Texas, Arkansas, Ole Miss (x2), Tennessee, and LSU? Heckwe needed pretty big breaks just to beat Tarleton and Incarnate Word.

I honestly think it took a minor miracle to keep us from having a significantly worse record in 2021.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TarponChaser
Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

People's goal is apparently to "win a game in Omaha" and he's done that. Hence, we end up with Schloss.

Terrible take. Schlossnagle is an elite coach and recruiter. Childress sucked at recruiting and developing hitters. Take a look at the guys hired and commits flipped and transfers Schloss is bringing in already and they're upgrades.

Baseball takes getting hot at the right time and while Schloss may not win us a title I'm 100% confident he'll get us back to Omaha consistently and not go 2 & BBQ every time.
annie88
AG
Bonfired said:

Will admit that I'm rooting for MSU to win it...it's not Vandy's fault that the NCAA gave them an extra day off, but the Commodores have had things stacked in their favor. Plus, MSU hasn't won one yet...and the damned whistler sucks even more than cowbells, so go Bulldogs.

No it's not their fault and I see the dilemma but it's gonna leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth if they win this thing again with a question or*always behind it. Always would they have won yesterday's game?

They barely survived Stanford by pure luck and a breakdown. They really should've been out of it that night.

What happened to North Carolina state was messed up, wrong and completely the wrong decision.

But I'm pulling for Mississippi State more too because they haven't won yet and the damn Whistler just as you have stated.

But make no mistake this decision made the other night is a real black mark on the NCAA and this tournament. The fans deserve better and absolutely the players deserved better. All of them. It's just sheer luck that the other teams were affected like this.

I will say though down the line it would not shock me to find out that somebody was trying to push it so that Vanderbilt could be in the final game especially with the two pitchers they're always touting. But we may never know and that is just of one many possibilities.
94chem
Luke The Drifter said:

94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Yeah, don't really care. I do think it shows that given the right mindset, a few breaks, and a couple of players, the Ags' 9-21 isn't that far away from being good.

Oooooh, I've gotta respectfully disagree with you here. We were a long, long, long way from being good in 2021. I think we did get several breaks along the way. How else can you explain wins over Texas, Arkansas, Ole Miss (x2), Tennessee, and LSU? Heckwe needed pretty big breaks just to beat Tarleton and Incarnate Word.

I honestly think it took a minor miracle to keep us from having a significantly worse record in 2021.

One more starting pitcher. One more bat. 13-17. See LSU. Then get better from there.

1994, 2001, 2002, 2021...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aginlakeway
AG
annie88 said:

Bonfired said:

Will admit that I'm rooting for MSU to win it...it's not Vandy's fault that the NCAA gave them an extra day off, but the Commodores have had things stacked in their favor. Plus, MSU hasn't won one yet...and the damned whistler sucks even more than cowbells, so go Bulldogs.

No it's not their fault and I see the dilemma but it's gonna leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth if they win this thing again with a question or*always behind it. Always would they have won yesterday's game?

They barely survived Stanford by pure luck and a breakdown. They really should've been out of it that night.

What happened to North Carolina state was messed up, wrong and completely the wrong decision.

But I'm pulling for Mississippi State more too because they haven't won yet and the damn Whistler just as you have stated.

But make no mistake this decision made the other night is a real black mark on the NCAA and this tournament. The fans deserve better and absolutely the players deserved better. All of them. It's just sheer luck that the other teams were affected like this.

I will say though down the line it would not shock me to find out that somebody was trying to push it so that Vanderbilt could be in the final game especially with the two pitchers they're always touting. But we may never know and that is just of one many possibilities.

Rocker isn't likely available for the finals. He's never pitched with such short rest.

No idea why people are making Vanderbilt the villian here. I'll root for State as well since that school has never won a national title in a major men's sport. But Vandy is defending champs and will be a tough out.
Fat Black Swan
AG
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/NC-State-baseball-College-World-Series-NCAA-dismissal-Vanderbilt-CWS-Elliott-Avent-167089773/

Quote:

According to multiple sources, one of the main reasons for the round of testing for the vaccinated players was due to a request by the Vanderbilt staff. Since that game on Friday, several players that were forced to sit out including Terrell Tatum, Jose Torres, Tyler McDonough, Reid Johnston, Chris Villaman and several others have since tested negative and were able to be at Doak Field on Saturday with the team.
Wicked Good Ag
with no game today it seems you could have postponed Vandy NC State game back two days to reevaluate the problem and see if you could come up with a better solution or had more information to make a better decision

tough for NC STATE
Mark Fairchild
AG
I believe our goal as a program is to consistently get to Omaha, and then solidly compete once we get there. Something that has alluded us. I am very excited and eager to see what Schloss and this stellar staff can do. The past is behind us, and this is one AG looking "forward" to the future!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Goose06
AG
aginlakeway said:

annie88 said:

Bonfired said:

Rocker isn't likely available for the finals. He's never pitched with such short rest.

No idea why people are making Vanderbilt the villian here. I'll root for State as well since that school has never won a national title in a major men's sport. But Vandy is defending champs and will be a tough out.

If you can't understand why many people would be rooting against Vandy, I think you might want to see a doctor.
aginlakeway
AG
Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

annie88 said:

Bonfired said:

If you can't understand why many people would be rooting against Vandy, I think you might want to see a doctor.

Ok. Well I'm rooting for State. But I don't think what happened is Vandy's fault.

Good thing I know a few doctors.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Quote:

Ok. Well I'm rooting for State. But I don't think what happened is Vandy's fault.

How is it not Vandy's fault when they were the one's demanding NC State play Friday with the scab squad and demanding vaccinated players to be tested?
Goose06
AG
aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

annie88 said:

Bonfired said:

You don't have to believe vandy did anything wrong to appreciate the fact that they advanced unfairly and by doing so they have an unfair advantage. It's natural for anyone to root against a team given the circumstances.
aginlakeway
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

Quote:

How is it not Vandy's fault when they were the one's demanding NC State play Friday with the scab squad and demanding vaccinated players to be tested?

Is that what happened? Officially?

I blame the covid protocols more than I blame Vandy. I'm sure Vandy would rather have played.

Regardless, I'm all for State winning. But I may miss some of the game depending on what the doctor says.
aginlakeway
AG
Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

annie88 said:

Bonfired said:

You don't have to believe vandy did anything wrong to appreciate the fact that they advanced unfairly and by doing so they have an unfair advantage. It's natural for anyone to root against a team given the circumstances.

They have every right to root for or against whomever they want. Go State.
Luke The Drifter
AG
94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

One more starting pitcher. One more bat. 13-17. See LSU. Then get better from there.

Maybe you're right, but I just don't see it. IMO, we were at least 4-5 players away from being consistently competitive and 7-8 players away from being an SEC contender.

After watching the DBU-UVA super regional in person, it was pretty easy to see why those teams were still playing 3 weeks after our guys checked in their gear. Nearly every starter on both teams was better than any of our starters not named Frizzell.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TarponChaser
94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Disagree. We needed at least 2-3 more bats, better depth at the plate and our starting pitching wasn't up to snuff. Our 2017 made the CWS and was arguably one of the weaker teams to make it in a while. That team had like 3 more .300 hitters and the team ERA was almost a full run lower.
TempleAg97
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Maybe you're right, but I just don't see it. IMO, we were at least 4-5 players away from being consistently competitive and 7-8 players away from being an SEC contender.

After watching the DBU-UVA super regional in person, it was pretty easy to see why those teams were still playing 3 weeks after our guys checked in their gear. Nearly every starter on both teams was better than any of our starters not named Frizzell.

No argument that to be where we want to be, we need a roster overhaul and several more good batters and pitchers. However, I think adding just one stud pitcher this past season would have made a huge difference. Multiple times we ran out of arms.

The Tennessee series is a glaring microcosm of the entire season. I go to nearly every game at Olsen, but that series stands out to me because I remember sitting there thinking midway through the third game "we are about to take 2 of 3 from one of the best teams in the country". But we ran out of pitching l, the wheels came off, and we lost that game by 10+ runs.

The Ags are about to turn this thing around in a big hurry!
Aggies2009
AG
TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

Terrible take. Schlossnagle is an elite coach and recruiter. Childress sucked at recruiting and developing hitters. Take a look at the guys hired and commits flipped and transfers Schloss is bringing in already and they're upgrades.

Baseball takes getting hot at the right time and while Schloss may not win us a title I'm 100% confident he'll get us back to Omaha consistently and not go 2 & BBQ every time.

Lmao my "take" is that people wanted to win a game in Omaha (have you SEEN how many times that was thrown around?!) and that Schloss has done that. Nothing I said was wrong.
TarponChaser
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

Lmao my "take" is that people wanted to win a game in Omaha (have you SEEN how many times that was thrown around?!) and that Schloss has done that. Nothing I said was wrong.

The inference you made is that Schloss isn't a good hire.
Bunk Moreland
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

Not that it's a big deal but theres a difference between a goal (which you initially said) and a take.

The take was used against the last coach because getting to Omaha, and more so lack of winning when he rarely did, became his peak.

The goal is to compete for and win a national title. Which will mean trips to Omaha and wins there.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Kendall's article on it.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/nc-states-cws-removal-the-timeline-of-events/

They had 2 players test positive/quarantined early in the week.

They had 2 people in their "traveling group" show symptoms Friday morning and were tested. Their tests come back positive 90 minutes before the game.

NCAA decides only vaccinated can play. All unvaccinated players are tested, but their results do not come back until it's too late for them to play Friday.

After the game, with 4 positives, the NCAA concludes they are in "outbreak" status and orders all vaccinated players at 7pm. The results come back at 11pm and 4 have tested positive.
aginlakeway
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

Kendall's article on it.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/nc-states-cws-removal-the-timeline-of-events/

They had 2 positives/quarantines early in the week.

They had 2 unvaccinated players show symptoms Friday morning and were tested. Their tests come back positive 90 minutes before the game.

NCAA decides only vaccinated can play. All unvaccinated players are tested, but their results do not come back until it's too late for them to play Friday.

After the game, with 4 positives, the NCAA concludes they are in "outbreak" status and orders all vaccinated players at 7pm. The results come back at 11pm and 4 have tested positive.

That is a very well written and researched timeline. The bold-faced portion really sucks for NC State if true.

I wasn't aware that numerous players ending up having symptoms. There is also no mention of Corbin or Vanderbilt involved in the process according to this timeline, which goes against other reports.
trouble
AG
That makes a lot more sense than what was coming out before.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Kendall says the Corbin stuff was BS and he asked sources with NCAA and NC State. One of the radio guys who covers NC State sports deleted all of his tweets from yesterday on it.

Aggies2009
AG
TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

I said what I said. Anything else is something you made up yourself.

I'm excited for Schloss.
TarponChaser
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

I'm excited for Schloss.

Then you should hone your communication skills because what you wrote does not convey excitement in the least.
Aggies2009
AG
TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

I'm excited for Schloss.

Then you should hone your communication skills because what you wrote does not convey excitement in the least.

What I said was pretty clear, actually.
annie88
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

with no game today it seems you could have postponed Vandy NC State game back two days to reevaluate the problem and see if you could come up with a better solution or had more information to make a better decision

tough for NC STATE

This.
wargograw
wargograw
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

Reno Hightower said:

Yep

I'm excited for Schloss.

What I said was pretty clear, actually.

Yeah, pretty clear you were making fun of the hire.
tk for tu juan
Quote:

Monday, June 21
It was a great day for the Wolfpack. They defeated Vanderbilt 1-0 to move to 2-0 in the winner's bracket. In the postgame press conference, NC State coach Elliott Avent pointed out a few members of the traveling party, including a player, had caught a 'bug' and were needing some rest the next few days. He pointed out that 'other' players were dealing with this bug, too. The NCAA said they found out later Monday that one of the players who had the 'bug' had a roommate removed at some point on Sunday, which created some concern inside the NCAA.
When saying too much goes wrong...
Aggies2009
AG
I'm guessing Vandy will be without Rocker for the entire series? He threw 120 or so
aginlakeway
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I'm guessing Vandy will be without Rocker for the entire series? He threw 120 or so

Maybe for game 3?
Keegan99
AG
Could see Rocker available for a short start or middle relief for Wednesday, but that's about it. Doubt his family or MLB front offices will want to see Corbin try anything more than that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.