NCAA just announced only 50% attendance

4,027 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by NukeAg10
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At baseball regionals.

Seriously, what actual good does that do?

I mean, you can not "social distance" in a half full stadium.

If you are really worried then limit it to 25%. This is all just showing we "care".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I'd say 50% is probably the max some regionals will draw anyway. Look at the sites. You think Gonzaga, Pitt, Charlotte, Notre Dame, Stanford, or Louisiana Tech will every fill more than about half of their stadium anyway?

Granted, 4 of the pre-determined sites will fall off the list, but I think we all know that those 4 schools will all be located in the south. No way will they pass up the opportunity to award host sites to schools in the northeast, midwest, and northwest.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dermdoc
AG
Fair enough. But it shows zero critical thinking. Or common sense.

Either restrict attendance so you can social distance or do not restrict it at all.

Sorry, as a doc this pisses me off.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
But so will admit that came from announcers on the Mo State/Ill state baseball game on ESPN2.

And they may be wrong.
VegasAg86
AG
dermdoc said:

Fair enough. But it shows zero critical thinking. Or common sense.

Either restrict attendance so you can social distance or do not restrict it at all.

Sorry, as a doc this pisses me off.
No reason to expect critical thinking or common sense in dealing with covid.

dermdoc
AG
Listening to these announcers is brutal.

All they have done is talk about how it is not fair that the SEC gets in teams with .500 conference records over the "little guy".
VegasAg86
AG
dermdoc said:

Listening to these announcers is brutal.

All they have done is talk about how it is not fair that the SEC gets in teams with .500 conference records over the "little guy".
lol, like those little guys could get close to .500 in the SEC.
Stone44
AG
Even the mindless buffoon in the White House has taken his mask off. It's time for the big boys to abandon the NCAA. They provide nothing and just restrict the successful programs.
Dallasag517
AG
Stone44 said:

Even the mindless buffoon in the White House has taken his mask off. It's time for the big boys to abandon the NCAA. They provide nothing and just restrict the successful programs.
Yes, it's past time for that to happen.
75AG
AG
Unfortunately for us, this is a good year to limit attendance to 50%....
greg.w.h
AG
Governor Lockdown of. California and Governor Senior Murderer of New York both are jeopardy of removal from office. Maybe we need a NCAA-ectomy??!

Let's be honest: even the $150 million the NCAA spends on its administration is arguably poorly spent on folks who don't deserve it.
Ags77
AG
75AG said:

Nothing to do with us. Very little chance we even go to a regional. It should be 100 % !!! ITS OUTDOORS !!!
75AG
AG
Ags77 said:

75AG said:

Nothing to do with us. Very little chance we even go to a regional. It should be 100 % !!! ITS OUTDOORS !!!
Thanks Captain Obvious
NukeAg10
AG
Just following the science.
Evanhue
AG
How did the NCAA get so much power?
counter subconscious espionage
greg.w.h
AG
Evanhue said:

How did the NCAA get so much power?
Jealousy among the conferences.
SW AG80
AG
derm, critical thinking is an archaic concept.
jah003
S
TempleAg97
AG
jah003 said:

If we don't qualify for the SEC Tourney this year, we should definitely look into attending this instead!
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Why does it matter? Texas A&M Aggie baseball will have 0% attendance at a regional this season...........

Thanks RC, nice job.
greg.w.h
AG
" The NCAA has updated their policies regarding the capacity of its championship events. As a result, capacity for the ongoing Division I Tennis Championships, being held at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla., will increase to 100% for all remaining sessions. Tickets can be purchased at www.ustanationalcampus.com/ncaa."

https://12thman.com/news/2021/5/19/mens-tennis-no-8-mens-tennis-takes-on-no-2-florida-in-ncaa-quarterfinals.aspx

greg.w.h
AG
Good luck putting THAT cat back in the bag. . .
threeanout
AG
How is this Aggie related?
75AG
AG
threeanout said:

Because we play our final three games of 2021 this weekend in front of 25% capacity? Just guessing....
jkag89
threeanout said:

I think most of us that frequent this board see more as the College Baseball/Softball Board so we'll discuss things not directly Aggie related in these two sports. I'm sure a few of us here will continue to follow and occasionally comment here about the postseason through the CWS.
Luke The Drifter
AG
threeanout said:

Ask me this again after we win the SEC tournament!
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
drthoop
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

threeanout said:

Ask me this again after we win the SEC tournament!
Can I have some of what you're drinking?
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
greg.w.h
AG
Blue Bell should be fully opened for LSU.
ensign_beedrill
AG
At this point, all that'd do is fill it with LSU fans.
greg.w.h
AG
With the NCAA opening up their tournaments to 100% and Abbott's executive order preventing limits in the very near future, there is little reason to restrict attendance other than bureaucratic excuses.
mullokmotx
AG
UCLA and Washington are only allowing family members in to watch the softball regionals.
Aginnebraska
AG
I'm hearing CWS will have no attendance restrictions for the 2021 tourney. Perhaps that has already been discussed.
greg.w.h
AG
Aginnebraska said:

I'm hearing CWS will have no attendance restrictions for the 2021 tourney. Perhaps that has already been discussed.
Thats essentially the content of the link I added. They should have made full attendance a requirement for regionals.
NukeAg10
AG
mullokmotx said:

UCLA and Washington are only allowing family members in to watch the softball regionals.

It's pretty amazing how distinguishable red and blue states are now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.