Former Ag Reed Spenrath...

4,679 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 85AustinAg
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For the record I have been a fan of Childress but I understand that a change might be coming. I also understood when the change with Johnson was made. I think lots of people on here make everything black or white, makes it much easier to win an internet argument But reality is that it is really in the grey and it is not so easy.

I think a lot of people on this board think there is a magical wand and if we do what they want we will instantly be a World Series powerhouse. Some also over-estimate our appeal or perception around the country. I think they think we can just hire any coach they want.

I think there is a very good chance that a change is coming. I also think there is a very good chance that a lot of posters are not going to be happy about next years coach even if it is a new coach. Their is this expectation we can get a top coach away from some very good programs and I am not convinced these coaches would see A&M as an improvement from their current gigs.

I don't see a jimbo fisher hire coming for baseball.
powerbelly
AG
12thMan9 said:

powerbelly said:

12thMan9 said:

powerbelly said:

Aggies2009 said:

94chem said:

The issue is that Jeff Granger won our last game in Omaha.

Yes. We know. You've made this point here many times.

I don't know what the special thing about that is, other than that it's an arbitrary metric that people can run down our baseball program over. Ole Miss won losers bracket games. They're not a better baseball program than we are because of that.
Agree, but it is an easy talking point for message boards.

Our real problem, IMO, is we don't put ourselves in a good position to host super regionals and therefore increase our odds to get to Omaha. The more time you get to Omaha, the better chance you will win.
Florida State on line 1, Miss. St. on line 2, UNC on line 3, Clemson on line 4, Arky on line 5.

Thanks for proving my point.
Those teams are a combined 0-65 when making it to Omaha. How does that jive with your last sentence?

Super regional hosts are either: 1) top 8 teams determined BEFORE the Regionals or 2) the higher ranked team from the regionals where 1 of the 8 was eliminated.

Someone actually took a look:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2017-06-28/college-world-series-how-do-national-seeds-perform-ncaa-baseball
Baseball tournaments don't produce the best team IMO. It is too easy to drop a game to a closely matched team based on a single pitching performance. But every single team you listed has done better at getting to Omaha than we have and have had a better chance to win it all. There is nothing else you can do.
85AustinAg
AG
Thanks. I appreciate your perspective.
Aggie
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Some also over-estimate our appeal or perception around the country. I think they think we can just hire any coach they want.

I think there is a very good chance that a change is coming. I also think there is a very good chance that a lot of posters are not going to be happy about next years coach even if it is a new coach. Their is this expectation we can get a top coach away from some very good programs and I am not convinced these coaches would see A&M as an improvement from their current gigs.

I don't see a jimbo fisher hire coming for baseball.

Oh watch out.. you're about be crucified

Yes there are many posters here that believe we can pretty much hire any coach we want to.
12thMan9
AG
Agree, but your point was getting to Omaha gives you a better chance of winning. That;s simply not true.
Ronnie '88
powerbelly
AG
12thMan9 said:

Agree, but your point was getting to Omaha gives you a better chance of winning. That;s simply not true.

Sure it is true. You can't win if you don't get there.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Yes there are many posters here that believe we can pretty much hire any coach we want to.
Though it may very well end up being misguided, I think a lot of us are hopeful for a homerun hire. And there are posters on here that seem to have some intel (as in all coaching searches if you've been on here as long as I have) that we are at least going to make a run at a top line coach.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.