Bianco

7,158 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BoerneGator
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tex100 said:

Their fans fit Bianco's personality well too.
its not limited to just baseball. theres alot of texas tech in OM
Kbeauty63
AG
for the most part the Ole Miss fans I encountered this weekend were nice (I work for SPEV doing the parking). Only one Ole Miss fan late yesterday yelled they didn't charge for parking at Ole Miss (I made a small retort back we weren't Ole Miss). But I did go look this morning - and they DO charge for parking. so - SHOCKER - the Ole Miss fan lied!
BadMoonRisin
AG
SchizoAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

He got super triggered by Frizzell's grand slam after he held up 4 fingers before his AB to their dugout.
Are you serious? I didn't watch the game.

You're saying Frizzell showed 4 fingers to the opposing dugout, then proceeded to hit a granny? That's pretty legendary if so. Need to get a video that includes both events.

I wonder if he does that every time he comes to the plate with the bases loaded.
Dude needed a wheelbarrow to move his nuts to the plate. I cant believe he did that. Then to go down 0-2 and then hit a grand slam. It was a great moment in Aggie baseball history, kind of like Donald Sloan's "baptism" v. Baylor was for basketball.

Then he also made a great play at first in a DP to preserve the lead and spiked the baseball.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
greg.w.h
AG
We have Ole Miss's horns down equivalent.
TXAggie2011
AG
twk said:

85AustinAg said:

Is Bianco's name being thrown around on Premium board because I've not seen him mentioned here?
Only by a few people who's contribution to the coaching search discussion is to look at the rankings and see who is hot, now. Ole Miss was highly ranked to start the season, so some folks, not knowing his resume, looked at that and asked, Why not Bianco. There is a reason why he's not a candidate.

This isn't unique to baseball--we see it in every sport. Making sure you aren't hiring the flavor of the month is one of the toughest parts of the coaching search for the AD. That's one reason why I wanted to go on record as a Vitello supporter early--there are going to be a lot of folks on his bandwagon now, especially if they were to win the SEC, but there's a lot more to his resume than what UT is doing this year.
I guess so. Bianco had a shorter, but very illustrious assistant coaching resume before he took the McNeese job.

I'm not saying I'd hire Bianco (I wouldn't) and I'm not saying Tony Vitello won't prove to be a tremendous head coach...but if someone wants a guy who has proved he's not a "flavor of the month" head coach, then Vitello ain't that guy.

Out of Tadlock, Schlossnagle, and Vitello, Vitello isn't like the other two.
BadMoonRisin
AG
BoerneGator said:

SchizoAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

He got super triggered by Frizzell's grand slam after he held up 4 fingers before his AB to their dugout.

You're saying Frizzell showed 4 fingers to the opposing dugout, then proceeded to hit a granny? That's pretty legendary if so. Need to get a video that includes both events.

I wonder if he does that every time he comes to the plate with the bases loaded.

He flashed it as he was returning to the dugout passing in front of the Miss dugout after making an out earlier. No doubt he was merely responding to chirping from their dugout. It wasn't just before his last at bat...but still, it was a ballsy move...
Thanks. I wasnt aware that this happened earlier, I just remember the announcers saying that the dugout was chirping at him and they showed that right before he came to the plate after Broadway walked the bases loaded.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
twk
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

twk said:

85AustinAg said:

Is Bianco's name being thrown around on Premium board because I've not seen him mentioned here?
Only by a few people who's contribution to the coaching search discussion is to look at the rankings and see who is hot, now. Ole Miss was highly ranked to start the season, so some folks, not knowing his resume, looked at that and asked, Why not Bianco. There is a reason why he's not a candidate.

This isn't unique to baseball--we see it in every sport. Making sure you aren't hiring the flavor of the month is one of the toughest parts of the coaching search for the AD. That's one reason why I wanted to go on record as a Vitello supporter early--there are going to be a lot of folks on his bandwagon now, especially if they were to win the SEC, but there's a lot more to his resume than what UT is doing this year.
I guess so. Bianco had a shorter, but very illustrious assistant coaching resume before he took the McNeese job.

I'm not saying I'd hire Bianco (I wouldn't) and I'm not saying Tony Vitello won't prove to be a tremendous head coach...but if someone wants a guy who has proved he's not a "flavor of the month" head coach, then Vitello ain't that guy.

Out of Tadlock, Schlossnagle, and Vitello, Vitello isn't like the other two.
No, he's not got as long a tenure as those two. He's only 42. But he helped Schlossnagle build the program that makes him an attractive candidate, and he's shown that he's capable of competing in the SEC as a head coach--he's not making a Cinderella run at a mid-major or taking a northern school on one trip to Omaha. That's the flavor of the month risk--taking someone with a meager resume who simply has one deep run in the post season. If Vitello did not have the assistant coaching bio that he has, and you were only interested in him based on what UT is doing this year, then he would more neatly fit that category.
twk
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

for the most part the Ole Miss fans I encountered this weekend were nice (I work for SPEV doing the parking). Only one Ole Miss fan late yesterday yelled they didn't charge for parking at Ole Miss (I made a small retort back we weren't Ole Miss). But I did go look this morning - and they DO charge for parking. so - SHOCKER - the Ole Miss fan lied!
There were a few d-bags who felt that six beers made them intellectual giants, but that seemed to mostly be the exception, at least where I was sitting.
ABATTBQ11
AG
txag10 said:

Screw that little T-Rex armed bi***

I laughed way too hard at this.
Warsteiner
I guess no one watched the game on TV. Bianco got his feelings hurt after Wills grand slam because Will looked at their bench after he crossed home plate and yelled "F YOU"! Lol
It was in slo mo......hilarious
Hop
Staff
AG
The Ole Miss dugout was also very hot that the 3-2 pitch to Sartori was called a ball. That certainly contributed to the outburst after the Frizzell homer.
Spyderman
AG
Indeed, having coached with Schloss at TCU, Vitello is familiar with the states recruiting landscape.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
dermdoc
AG
Hop said:

The Ole Miss dugout was also very hot that the 3-2 pitch to Sartori was called a ball. That certainly contributed to the outburst after the Frizzell homer.
I think that was the main cause for the outburst. Home plate ump was all over the place yesterday. And had a tough time with checked swings.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MMantle
AG
The top of the 8th is all I need to know about Bianco as a coach / strategist.

Ags up 6-5, Ole Miss has runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.

Bianco pinch hits for 7-hole hitter with Van Cleve, he has one of the best hitters in SEC (Elko) in the dugout also ready to pinch hit.

So, Bianco has his pinch hitter..............bunt????

Sac bunt is successful, runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out, first base open, Ags up by a run.

Bianco sends Elko, his best hitter, up to pinch hit, with first base open, in a one run game?

Doesn't he realize, thanks to the sac bunt and 1st base open, that he's going to "lose" Elko, that he's going to get walked intentionally, leaving the most critical AB of the game up to his 9-hole hitter?

So, RC walks Elko intentionally, pitches to 9-hole guy, setting up the DP.

Why didn't Bianco save one of the pinch-hitters, neither one of which had the opportunity to swing the bat, to hit for the 9-hole guy?

9-hole hitter (he's batting 9th for a reason) hits into DP, end of threat, as TC would say, "Holy cow!!"

Bianco gets outcoached by Childress, my goodness.

RR
1stGenAg01
AG
MMantle said:

Bianco pinch hits for 7-hole hitter with Van Cleve, he has one of the best hitters in SEC (Elko) in the dugout also ready to pinch hit.

Sac bunt is successful, runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out, first base open, Ags up by a run.

Bianco sends Elko, his best hitter, up to pinch hit, with first base open, in a one run game?

Doesn't he realize, thanks to the sac bunt and 1st base open, that he's going to "lose" Elko, that he's going to get walked intentionally, leaving the most critical AB of the game up to his 9-hole hitter?

Why didn't Bianco save one of the pinch-hitters, neither one of which had the opportunity to swing the bat, to hit for the 9-hole guy?

9-hole hitter (he's batting 9th for a reason) hits into DP, end of threat, as TC would say, "Holy cow!!"

RR

This. Also, pitching to Lefty all weekend was flat out stupid. Our lineup isn't filled with .300+ hitters all the way up and down like theirs. We've got one real threat to avoid and he pretty much single-handedly won the series for us. Hell, I wouldn't have even disagreed with pitching around him with the bases loaded in game #3 based on the fact he had been barreling everything up all weekend long.

Credit to Lefty though on the 0-2 fastball up in the zone. Of the three fastballs he saw in that AB, the one he hit for a grand slam looked to be the toughest one to handle and he absolutely destroyed it. Not many can do that to a fastball in that part of the zone, even if they knew it was coming. Dude was a flat-out beast all weekend.
trouble
AG
And wasn't willing to go to first for a second opinion those check swings
Hop
Staff
AG
MMantle said:

RR

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but the decision to challenge Frizzell was much, much worse. The fact that bunting in college has become a lost art (see Blaum and Harrison this weekend), if Van Cleve is his best bunter (and he laid down a great bunt) then I don't really have a problem with that move.

I'm not saying that Bianco was being subtle in his thinking, but in my mind, loading the bases in the college game puts a lot of pressure on your average college pitcher and it seems like the frequency of a wild pitch or a walk is significantly higher than when the bases aren't loaded. Maybe Bianco didn't want his average .270 No. 3 pinch hitter up because we probably won't walk him and then he has to hit. Maybe he knew Elko would be intentionally walked and he preferred a bases loaded situation for the reasons mentioned.

I'm certainly not suggesting that was his mindset. Maybe he simply didn't realize that Elko would be intentionally walked. But, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to some extent on that sequence.

There is NO excuse for Bianco pitching to Frizzell, and then serving him up three straight fastballs and challenging him was insane, idiotic, moronic. A coach has to say, "I'll let Bost beat me, but no way in hell do I let Mr. '17 home runs/4 HR's in the series' beat me in any form or fashion." Even at 0-2, I'm floored that they didn't throw a couple of low breaking pitches in the dirt that could get Frizzell chasing. Truly one of the worst managerial moves I've seen in 36 years of watching Aggie baseball at Olsen.

SchizoAg
AG
BoerneGator said:

SchizoAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

He flashed it as he was returning to the dugout passing in front of the Miss dugout after making an out earlier. No doubt he was merely responding to chirping from their dugout. It wasn't just before his last at bat...but still, it was a ballsy move...
AH, I see. Maybe he was referring to the 4 HR he had already hit, rather than the 4 RBI he was expecting to get from his next one.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Give me the 8 hole hitter with runners on 2nd/3rd one out and a chance to pinch hit Elko if they load the bases by walking him vs 9 hole hitter bases loaded 1 out.

Worst case, the 8 hole grounds out or strikes out and then you bring elko in with 2 outs runners 2nd/3rd. Bianco picked the worst possible set of options imo, bunt skill of the 7 hole hitter not withstanding.
Mark Fairchild
AG
This is how I sum up Will's grand slam, and Bianco's reaction to it. You know when you're going the speed limit and some yahoo flies past you going about 20 miles over the speed limit. What does everyone say? "Da**!! I would give anything if there was a cop to nail their a**!" Well, YESTERDAY WE SAW THE PROVERBIAL COP NAIL his a**!!!! WHOOP, AGGIE baseball history!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
MMantle
AG
So, you would walk Frizzell with the bases loaded?

Biggest problem, as you said, was throwing him a pitch anywhere near the strike zone with an 0-2 count.

Disagree with your defending Bianco.

The bunt was the worst thing he could've done.

Both Van Cleave and Elko are good RHH, they have an advantage against a LHP, don't bunt and give A&M an out and an open base.

Plus, he ended up putting the inning / game in the hands of the weakest hitter in the lineup, Harris (?) was only hitting .226.

With runners on 1st and 2nd and no out, I'd rather have Elko (isn't he hitting something like .350, I've heard some 'experts' refer to him as one of the best hitters in the SEC) hit against a LHP who was having trouble hitting 90 on the gun, big advantage Elko.

Interesting, we win because our best hitter gets to hit with MOB, and their guy gets the bat taken out of his hands in a similar situation.

RR
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Of course you walk him.. How many were down at thst point in the inning... 2? How many runs are we down by? So I walk in a run
And get the out from the next batter or two... That would've pretty much close the door on the game
tonytx05
AG
I mean, you don't walk him intentionally, but you certainly don't give him anything good to hit and accept it if your borderline pitches don't go your way.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Why not? Why even pitch to him what do you have time gain?
threeanout
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

BoerneGator said:

SchizoAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Thanks. I wasnt aware that this happened earlier, I just remember the announcers saying that the dugout was chirping at him and they showed that right before he came to the plate after Broadway walked the bases loaded.

So the four fingers were for the four bombs? At first it did sound Ruth-ish....like he was calling a slam.
ensign_beedrill
AG
When Will came up to bat, a girl down the row excitedly clapped like she was expecting that grand slam. She knew it was going to happen. Mike didn't. Lol.
Chrundle the Great
AG
tonytx05 said:

I mean, you don't walk him intentionally, but you certainly don't give him anything good to hit and accept it if your borderline pitches don't go your way.

This is what they tried and he hammered a head high fastball like he was Jose Altuve
Bunk Moreland
Bianco was a dummy during the game but you never intentionally walk in a run. Especially with 2 outs.

To try and hold that against him is a tad ridiculous. It was an 0-2 count. Pitcher had hubris, thought he could ice the series in a huge moment with a fastball K and had the series iced against him by an incredibly clutch player.

Don't over think it.
Aggies2009
AG
I remember Barry Bonds getting intentionally walked with the bases loaded. It paid off for the Diamondbacks who had a 9-7 lead (9-8 after the walk) and got the next guy to pop out for the final out of the game.

Not even close to the same scenario here though.
tonytx05
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

tonytx05 said:

This is what they tried and he hammered a head high fastball like he was Jose Altuve
Three straight fastballs is not my idea of "don't give him anything good to hit".
BoerneGator
AG
threeanout said:

BadMoonRisin said:

BoerneGator said:

SchizoAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

So the four fingers were for the four bombs? At first it did sound Ruth-ish....like he was calling a slam.
It was very subtle, and hardly noticeable, but as he was trotting back up the baseline after grounding out in his previous at bat, he bent down to pick up his bat, and he flashed four fingers with his left hand towards the Ol miss dugout. I presume he was responding to someone chirping about his failure to reach, thus his response. He was merely reminding the chump what he'd already done, not what he was yet to do. No one could hav3 predicted that!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.