New policy - filling in at Blue Bell

3,005 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
TXAG4EVR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today the ushers allowed entry to anyone who wished to sit in empty reserved seats after the 3rd inning.
(New policy)
Let's fill those quasi empty seats with Aggies!!!
(Our section had more Ole Miss fans than Aggies. SO frustrating!!)
oklaunion
One shot of the stands seemed to indicate hardly anyone showed up around the plate and to either side.
dermdoc
AG
Sorry but this sucks. If you are opening up seating then give season ticket holders their regular seats back.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
dermdoc said:

Sorry but this sucks. If you are opening up seating then give season ticket holders their regular seats back.

100% agree
12th Man Ag
AG
AND, when was this policy announced? The TMF and athletic department are woefully mismanaged.

Earlier in the season I was told it was no big deal when they cancelled tickets for the home opener with no refunds because there was no way they could have cleared all the ice. Whatever.

Then, they pulled the same crap again because of some bad weather and said there was no way to clear the stadium between games on Saturday due to them following COVID protocols so closely. Whatever. They seemed to magically find a way during the UT series to have two games 45 minutes apart and have both tickets valid.

Now, they allow this crap with just about all season tickets holders displaced from their regular seats and don't even bother with an announcement.

Pretty poorly run organization.
Tanya 93
TXAG4EVR said:

Today the ushers allowed entry to anyone who wished to sit in empty reserved seats after the 3rd inning.
(New policy)
Let's fill those quasi empty seats with Aggies!!!
(Our section had more Ole Miss fans than Aggies. SO frustrating!!)
As a once former season ticket holder, this would freaking piss me off.

I had a season ticket for my son when he was still in the womb.
Also had it when he wasn't.

sometimes, someone needed to nap before a game and we got there late.

I cannot say how awful the situation would be when we got there, people were in our seats, and wanted to argue we could just sit to their left.

No, we paid for the aisle seat.

move your ass
Post removed:
by user
twk
AG
oklaunion said:

One shot of the stands seemed to indicate hardly anyone showed up around the plate and to either side.

We are still limited to 25% capacity, thanks to John Sharp. Of course it looks like no one is there. How else would it look with only a fraction of the available seats sold?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
dermdoc said:

A&M has mismanaged this at an ERCOT level of incompetence.
W
AG
not a good time to implement the policy with LSU coming to town next
twk
AG
I would just like to see John Sharp come out for one LSU game and sit in the seats behind the first base dugout, not some suite where he can network with donors. This is what happens when you have people making decisions that don't have to suffer the consequences. Thankfully, everything should be back to normal next year.
trouble
AG
oklaunion said:

Those are club seats. No filling those in even under the usual "fill in" policy
dermdoc
AG
W said:

not a good time to implement the policy with LSU coming to town next
Have said this even before COVID. I do not want season ticket holders to have to sit around a bunch of visiting fans. Especially LSU fans.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

oklaunion said:

Those are club seats. No filling those in even under the usual "fill in" policy
Well when they limit you to 25% of occupancy that is what it looks like.

And sorry but I think the "fill in" policy is a bad policy.

For many reasons.

Just open it up and let season ticket holders have first shot at their old regular seats.

This is not hard.
trouble
AG
I agree. I think fill in policies in general are dumb.
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

I agree. I think fill in policies in general are dumb.
It is a great way to encourage fights. So there is that.
hsvag
Realistically, fans have been "filling in" for some time now. Ushers aren't typically checking tickets (like the entry to 201/202), and people have been sitting wherever and move if a season ticket holder shows up. The empty alternate row protocol has pretty much disappeared.
Aggies2009
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
This is the most screwed up baseball season since I first went to a Aggie baseball game. btw that was when they played at the south west corner of Kyle Field and Olson Blue Bell etc etc was the rodeo grounds.

And it has all been friendly fire.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The "fill in" concept originated in MLB about 12 years ago. Works fine thee because of the corporate purchase of tickets. Hardly anyone goes to every game, so they just don't know who is and is not supposed to sit next to you.

Doesn't work in college.
Bretttrina
The lack of attendance by season ticket holders is not good for our team. We need the students back in 203. We need the games attended by Aggie fans. The other SEC schools have much better attendance ( except Mizzou). Let's show up or put your tickets up for sale so we can drive attendance for the last series against LSU!
twk
AG
Bretttrina said:

The lack of attendance by season ticket holders is not good for our team. We need the students back in 203. We need the games attended by Aggie fans. The other SEC schools have much better attendance ( except Mizzou). Let's show up or put your tickets up for sale so we can drive attendance for the last series against LSU!
Once again, season ticket holders are attending the games. We're at 1/4 capacity, so the park looks empty. Sorry to disturb your rant with facts.
AgFlyGuy
AG
Never been a fan of the fill-in policy. My FIL attempted to sit in our (empty) seats after the 3rd inning yesterday and was told no, that the policy had been canceled. Very disappointed they even allowed it for the few days they did and hopefully they don't re-authorize with LSU coming up.
Hop
Staff
AG
Bretttrina said:

Season ticket holders around me are selling their tickets...to Ole Miss fans and Tennessee fans. I've been surrounded by opposing fans for the past 2-3 home series.
Aggie
AG
Well a lot of season ticket holders got shut out of tickets this year...
Wicked Good Ag
Hop said:

Bretttrina said:

Season ticket holders around me are selling their tickets...to Ole Miss fans and Tennessee fans. I've been surrounded by opposing fans for the past 2-3 home series.

The teal season ticket holders for baseball. Many didn't get a chance to get tickets this year at all. And I know a couple that might not come back depending on what Athletics does for future
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.