Chatagnier from Ole Miss

23,065 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Captain Pablo
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

Also glad our coach does not send base runners with an eight run lead in the ninth. Or leaves his pitcher in with over 100 pitches with a ten run lead.

Do you coach like that?

Bianco and Chatagnier seem like a perfect fit.

Look. You're not quite as smart as you think you are...

First of all, I graduated from Texas A&M. I have no allegiance to Bianco or Ole Miss beyond the fact that I have coached Peyton and have known him and his family for years.

But since you brought it up and in a context of trying to paint that kid in a negative light, I'll bite

I'm OK with him leaving Nikhazy in for the 7th. You went to the pen VERY early yesterday and you have another game tomorrow. Bullpen arms have to be at a premium. The 100 pitch number is also arbitrary...every kid is different. Their stuff will tell you more about what they have left than the number of pitches thrown...Nikhazy was actually throwing harder in the 7th before leaving it up to Sarotiri. His count was also very high after 2, but he really settled in after that and pitched well. It's your job as a coach to make that decision based on your knowledge of that particular kid. Not a low rent or classless move there at all.

Now, still running and trying to keep your foot on the gas in the 8th/9th...you may get some folks unhappy about that. At some point though, it's big boy baseball in the SEC and if you don't like it you need to put a stop to it. I've got a good friend that was up 8-0 in game 3 of a playoff series and ended up losing 9-8. Baseball is a crazy game. If your Ole Miss, you've gotta consider a few things: a long fly ball is leaving the yard today. You don't want to go to Broadway( their closer) so you have him for Sunday. A&M kind of validated their concern by putting up runs late and closing the lead to 5.

There is definitely a place to call off the dogs, but in my mind that's more for lower levels of the game when sometimes you play someone who can't get outs. These are high end D1 players on both teams. They can both get outs. I would say the same if it was A&M running too...either out a stop to it or go to someone's ribs.
Fair enough. We will agree to disagree. Do you know Bianco?

And do you think say Corbin would have done that?

And I got blasted for the whole going to the ribs thing. Sorry coach, you are way biased.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Clown_World
dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

Also glad our coach does not send base runners with an eight run lead in the ninth. Or leaves his pitcher in with over 100 pitches with a ten run lead.

Do you coach like that?

First of all, I graduated from Texas A&M. I have no allegiance to Bianco or Ole Miss beyond the fact that I have coached Peyton and have known him and his family for years.

But since you brought it up and in a context of trying to paint that kid in a negative light, I'll bite

I'm OK with him leaving Nikhazy in for the 7th. You went to the pen VERY early yesterday and you have another game tomorrow. Bullpen arms have to be at a premium. The 100 pitch number is also arbitrary...every kid is different. Their stuff will tell you more about what they have left than the number of pitches thrown...Nikhazy was actually throwing harder in the 7th before leaving it up to Sarotiri. His count was also very high after 2, but he really settled in after that and pitched well. It's your job as a coach to make that decision based on your knowledge of that particular kid. Not a low rent or classless move there at all.

Now, still running and trying to keep your foot on the gas in the 8th/9th...you may get some folks unhappy about that. At some point though, it's big boy baseball in the SEC and if you don't like it you need to put a stop to it. I've got a good friend that was up 8-0 in game 3 of a playoff series and ended up losing 9-8. Baseball is a crazy game. If your Ole Miss, you've gotta consider a few things: a long fly ball is leaving the yard today. You don't want to go to Broadway( their closer) so you have him for Sunday. A&M kind of validated their concern by putting up runs late and closing the lead to 5.

There is definitely a place to call off the dogs, but in my mind that's more for lower levels of the game when sometimes you play someone who can't get outs. These are high end D1 players on both teams. They can both get outs. I would say the same if it was A&M running too...either out a stop to it or go to someone's ribs.

And I got blasted for the whole going to the ribs thing. Sorry coach, you are way biased.

I disagree with going to the ribs over the pre-pitch routine. I do not disagree with going to the ribs if you feel someone is running the score up. There is a difference there.

I don't know Bianco personally. I also know he doesn't run their offense...that's Clement I believe. Bianco handles the pitchers and doesn't micromanage the offense to my knowledge.

You can call me biased if you want. I've known Peyton long enough to speak to his character and I won't budge on that. You are taking a little league understanding of the game of baseball and trying to paint an A&M opponent as classless...and you're wrong. I'm not afraid to point that out.
Clown_World
There were a handful of crooked numbers put up today...the ball Graham hit out to left wasn't even hit that well. It's hard to sit back and relax with a lead on a day like today. I wouldn't have a problem with either team continuing to play aggressively with a lead there...especially in the context of wanting to avoid going to the closer.
dermdoc
AG
CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

Do you coach like that?

I disagree with going to the ribs over the pre-pitch routine. I do not disagree with going to the ribs if you feel someone is running the score up. There is a difference there.

I don't know Bianco personally. I also know he doesn't run their offense...that's Clement I believe. Bianco handles the pitchers and doesn't micromanage the offense to my knowledge.

You can call me biased if you want. I've known Peyton long enough to speak to his character and I won't budge on that. You are taking a little league understanding of the game of baseball and trying to paint an A&M opponent as classless...and you're wrong. I'm not afraid to point that out.

So you are okay with everything Bianco did today? Just for the record.

Simple yes or no question.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Clown_World
dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

Do you coach like that?

So you are okay with everything Bianco did today? Just for the record.

Simple yes or no question.

Leaving Nikhazy in...absolutely. He looked fine. You aren't obligated to pull your starter to give the other team a crack at your bullpen just because you have a big lead.

Personally, we would still run up late in the game IF it is a team that is competent. In a district game against a playoff caliber team, you stay aggressive if that's who you are as a program. Now, I don't know that they tried to steal a bag...I remember them trying to advance on a ball in the dirt. That's not the coach. That's totally in the player.
dermdoc
AG
If my starter had over a hundred pitches and I have a 10 run lead I would pull him.

I would not change pitchers with two outs and a six run lead in the ninth.

But that is just me.

Interesting how defensive you are of Bianco.

Have a great night.
TulaneAg
Geez, I might need this Payton kid to anoint me with oil to make sure I make it to the promised land. He sounds great.... maybe the greatest ever.
Clown_World
dermdoc said:

If my starter had over a hundred pitches and I have a 10 run lead I would pull him.

But that is just me.

Have a great night.

I don't personally have any reason to defend Bianco...but I understand the game enough to know what he's thinking. I've managed pitching staffs in a 3 game series. If your game one guy goes out really early and you can get 7 from your game 2 guy, you need to try to do it. Regardless of the score. It's all about him and how effective he is. Nikhazy was effective into the 7th...his stuff was just as good or better than it was in the first.

But I've explained that already. You just don't like it because it doesn't line up with your amateur narrative of "big bad Mike Bianco" beating up on the poor Aggies. It's a damn loser mentality. You think Jimbo would b*tch about someone continuing to score in the 4th quarter? Grow the hell up. Throw strikes. Make plays. Beat them tomorrow and win the series...all of that is a helluva lot better than whining on the Internet.
dermdoc
AG
CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

But that is just me.

Have a great night.

I don't personally have any reason to defend Bianco...but I understand the game enough to know what he's thinking. I've managed pitching staffs in a 3 game series. If your game one guy goes out really early and you can get 7 from your game 2 guy, you need to try to do it. Regardless of the score. It's all about him and how effective he is. Nikhazy was effective into the 7th...his stuff was just as good or better than it was in the first.

But I've explained that already. You just don't like it because it doesn't line up with your amateur narrative of "big bad Mike Bianco" beating up on the poor Aggies. It's a damn loser mentality. You think Jimbo would b*tch about someone continuing to score in the 4th quarter? Grow the hell up. Throw strikes. Make plays. Beat them tomorrow and win the series...all of that is a helluva lot better than whining on the Internet.
Cool. I also think there is a way to play the game and a way not to.

And as I have said, I have a bias due to that '89 LSU series. And I will stick to my guns that Bianco and Chatagnier push the envelope as far as sportsmanship goes.
Who else in college or MLB does what Chatagnier does?

Can you think of anyone?

I do agree with just beating them. Do not understand your defense of them.

Good night.
AggieBand2004
AG
Ichiro did what Chatagnier does, and he looked equally effeminate/idiotic
Clown_World
dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

But that is just me.

Have a great night.

And as I have said, I have a bias due to that '89 LSU series. And I will stick to my guns that Bianco and Chatagnier push the envelope as far as sportsmanship goes.

Can you think of anyone?

Good night.

You don't understand because you don't want to. You've got your mind made up. And the strange thing is you are the one who called me biased.

You're a good poster. And I love the heckling. But you're wrong on this one. You're totally pulling stuff out of your @ss on Chatagnier. I'm not. And you're being very soft and whiny in your criticism of Bianco. Again...if you don't like it you've got two options: go to the ribs or just shut up and win the series.

As to your point on changing pitchers there at the end...you are up 5. If you get to a point to where the tying run may come to the plate you HAVE TO get Broadway up. No choice. They clearly wanted to avoid that at all costs.
dermdoc
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Ichiro did what Chatagnier does, and he looked equally effeminate/idiotic
Fair enough, but this kid ain't Ichiro. And he will find that out.
fightinag
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

MC Aggie said:

The kid is a great kid. His whole family are Aggies and he wanted to go here. Ole Miss saw the kind of player he is and jumped right on it. Mock him if you want, won't phase him one bit.
Just for the Record - He was recruited by A&M, he chose Ole Miss
At this point it looks like he made a wise choice
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
dermdoc
AG
CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

But that is just me.

Have a great night.

Can you think of anyone?

Good night.

You don't understand because you don't want to. You've got your mind made up. And the strange thing is you are the one who called me biased.

You're a good poster. And I love the heckling. But you're wrong on this one. You're totally pulling stuff out of your @ss on Chatagnier. I'm not. And you're being very soft and whiny in your criticism of Bianco. Again...if you don't like it you've got two options: go to the ribs or just shut up and win the series.

As to your point on changing pitchers there at the end...you are up 5. If you get to a point to where the tying run may come to the plate you HAVE TO get Broadway up. No choice. They clearly wanted to avoid that at all costs.
I have already been blasted for "going to the ribs".

Think I will be an Aggie and support my team.

How about you?

And I still want to know what other college player does what Chatagnier does?
Clown_World
dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

But that is just me.

Have a great night.

Can you think of anyone?

Good night.

I have already been blasted for "going to the ribs".

Think I will be an Aggie and support my team.

How about you?

And I still want to know what other college player does what Chatagnier does?

I've explained this already too...going to the ribs over someone running it up is fine. Going to the ribs over a pre-pitch routine just tells me you are looking for something to be offended by and that I wouldn't do it just for that.

Is there a rule that says you have to be like everyone else?Honestly I don't have enough time to watch a bunch of college baseball during our season so I have no clue what guys do when they get in the box, but I know that kid and I know he's not a "show up the other team" kind of a player. He's confident. He's definitely different, but I have watched that kid play a ton of baseball and sportsmanship is never something I've questioned.
AggieBand2004
AG
Hey, this thread should definitely keep on going
Seaaggie1144
I saw Peyton play several games in high school. He Was always playing hard and very fun to watch. He is very confident which helped him get to this level. Let the kids have fun. It's a game and he's a dang good player especially considering he's only a sophomore. Kid has a bright future. Bfnd
AgEng06
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Hey, this thread should definitely keep on going

It continues to deliver.
AJAggie1002
Considering I saw a grown man scream "No wonder you had to leave Texas boy!" Like some inflated self important bozo at him when he was up to bat - a 19 year old kid happy to be playing at Olsen with his entire family there...in addition to reading this thread...is super disappointing. Confusing all the calls for class while celebrating that kind of stupid behavior. Heckling is one thing...personal attacks is unnecessary.
AJAggie1002
Does make you wonder why so many on here are willing to go to the mat defending him and his character....could it be because he is a quality kid with tremendous character??? Hmmmmm Take time buying an apple, throw money at him etc. All in good fun. Calling him classless and yelling personal attacks during the game? Get a life.
ColoradoMooseHerd
AJAggie1002 said:

Does make you wonder why so many on here are willing to go to the mat defending him and his character....could it be because he is a quality kid with tremendous character??? Hmmmmm Take time buying an apple, throw money at him etc. All in good fun. Calling him classless and yelling personal attacks during the game? Get a life.
Ok rookie
AgEng06
AG
Looks like we now found his uncle.
Clown_World
And here's the thing about Derm...

I told him yesterday that the "Robin Hood" deal was when the pitcher was in the stretch. It took the group of people I was with about 3-4 ABs to figure that out too...because they were actually watching the game instead of worrying about making themself the center of attention.

Derm swore up and down that wasn't the case and even implied I was being dishonest when I said that. I actually took the time to confirm yesterday after the game that I was absolutely right. It's got nothing to do with the score or what a random fan is doing or not doing in the stands. Just like I told you guys.

So consider the source before you start buying what that guy is selling too much when it comes to baseball...
AJAggie1002
Sure have! Lol Could care less what you people getting your rocks off on here think of me. Definitely not new to Aggieland...but maybe I should brag about how many coaches I know or how much I donate to get some street cred?? Ha
dcrumpler1996
I took my boys and my dad to the Friday game. I had read through this thread before then. We definitely watched Peyton in particular, especially when he cranked one to LF wall on Friday.

My 14U kid has been tearing it up in the field this season, but has been struggling at the plate this spring after hitting over .400 in the fall. I dared him to copy Peyton this weekend, but I didn't think he would. He ended up doing it every pitch this weekend for 3 games, and he was confident at the plate each time. There was no showmanship, just confidence. On-base percentage of .833 this weekend. He'll be repeating it next weekend.
AJAggie1002
Derm was watching the weenie race at that time and turning back to see who was noticing him. Who has time for facts?!
AJAggie1002
Loosens up the hips and gets the mind right/slows down the game a little. Congrats to your Son! That will make Peyton's day
Mark Fairchild
AG
Amazing the sudden appearance of all these Rooks, and posting on this particular subject.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Seaaggie1144
I am positive it's because he is a local cypress kid and many people here watched him in high school and know his true character. He's a great player and great kid. We cypress folks are proud of him.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Funny how ole piss can impact players.
Captain Pablo
AG
Lol

I'm assuming all the preen defenders are ok with Frizell chirping at the dugout after blasting that Grand Slam off of Broadway

Hey, it loosens the hips and gets his head in the game

Slows the game down
Mark Fairchild
AG
Good comeback and total "Good Bull", Captain!
Captain Pablo
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Good comeback and total "Good Bull", Captain!

Thanks, Mark

And let's tack on a bases loaded double play and a Frizell baseball spike at 1st

Cmon Ags! Let's finish this!
Mark Fairchild
AG
ABSOLUTELY! Bianca is having a melt down.
Clown_World
Captain Pablo said:

Lol

I'm assuming all the preen defenders are ok with Frizell chirping at the dugout after blasting that Grand Slam off of Broadway

Hey, it loosens the hips and gets his head in the game

Slows the game down

Absolutely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.