Chatagnier from Ole Miss

23,067 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Captain Pablo
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching the game last night and why does he do the Robin Hood thing before every pitch?

And why has he not gotten plunked?

Need to wear him out at Blue Bell.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TellMeMore
It is memorable, I see he played HS ball 70 miles from here, wonder if he was offered, or if we were interested?
Bernie13
OLSEN FIELD, Give this guy all you got! No posing at the plate at our house
jja79
AG
Aggie baseball has a lot bigger problems than this.
Bernie13
jja79 said:

maybe, but this we can take care of instantly when he gets to the plate
dermdoc
AG
Remember at Olsen when the batter would get heckled simply for taking practice swings?

Has nothing to do with how good we are.

I was pulling for Miss State to plunk him last night. Arch rival, home field, and you let this guy do that? Can you imagine a sip doing that at Olsen?

No way.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
jja79 said:

So if the Ags are having a poor year the fans at Olsen are not allowed to have a little fun by ragging the opposition?
sharpdressedman
Bernie13 said:

jja79 said:

maybe, but this we can take care of instantly when he gets to the plate
Make it the first pitch to him. Do it again the next time up if he repeats. It will likely cost us a pitcher, but the point would be made. Umps will have to put him in their "protected batters" program.
cypress-ag
AG
He's a local kid (CyFair) and he wanted to come to ATM.....guess he had no ties to Nebraska! I'd like to have him in our lineup even with the plate antics and such.
Tanya 93
jja79 said:

You must be new to Aggie baseball
jja79
AG
46 years.
Tanya 93
jja79 said:

46 years.
If you say so
Clown_World
TellMeMore said:

It is memorable, I see he played HS ball 70 miles from here, wonder if he was offered, or if we were interested?

He was offered. Ole miss did a better job of recruiting him than we did.

Clown_World
dermdoc said:

Remember at Olsen when the batter would get heckled simply for taking practice swings?

I was pulling for Miss State to plunk him last night. Arch rival, home field, and you let this guy do that? Can you imagine a sip doing that at Olsen?

No way.

There are things you plunk guys for. This is not one of them. He's been doing that since HS...he's not a "show up the other team" kind of a kid. It's just what he does.
jkag89
CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

No way.

There are things you plunk guys for. This is not one of them. He's been doing that since HS...he's not a "show up the other team" kind of a kid. It's just what he does.
Agreed, still such a distinct stance makes heckling a must.
jja79
AG
Tanya 93 said:

jja79 said:

46 years.
If you say so

I was in school before there was Olsen Field. Doug Rau was my first favorite player in the 60's.
dermdoc
AG
jkag89 said:

CoachO_08 said:

dermdoc said:

No way.

Agreed, still such a distinct stance makes heckling a must.
I can live with that.
LOYAL AG
AG
jja79 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jja79 said:

46 years.
If you say so

I was in school before there was Olsen Field. Doug Rau was my first favorite player in the 60's.

Why do I feel like you were the guy fact checking me in the RF berm bleachers on opening day?
Tanya 93
jja79 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jja79 said:

46 years.
If you say so

And?

If you are such a die hard fan, then why shouldn't the crowd be encouraged to heckle him simply because they are having a terrible season? The crowds can't change the hitting woes of the Ags. But they can get into someone's head

jja79
AG
I didn't say anything about that. I just said we have bigger issues than a preening opponent.
jkag89
jja79 said:

I didn't say anything about that. I just said we have bigger issues than a preening opponent.
Yet you posted the statement on a thread about getting on the guy when Ole Miss comes to Olsen.

Everybody that frequents this board knows the problems with this year's team, not every thread needs to bring it up.
Tanya 93
jja79 said:

So?

Can people not have fun because the season is terrible?

I followed the team across the Big-12 during the 2000 season.
We had fun despite it being terrible.

I remember looking for a Beanie Baby Chicken to sacrifice at Nebraska because we didn't want to be swept with a run rule.
Didn't help

But we cannot do anything about how the team is playing.
And saying on the thread specifically about heckling someone that we have bigger things to worry about is kinda pointless

No one will make you heckle though. I promise
dermdoc
AG
Amen. It is only a game and is meant to be a place to have fun.

And I am in Fayetteville and will still have fun.

Life is too short.
Captain Pablo
AG
jja79 said:

Heckling a preening opponent, and recognizing issues within our program are not mutually exclusive

One does not have anything to do with the other

That is why your comments are so awkward
Lance Uppercut
AG
Remember the guy that zipped his jersey up through the front of his pants? That was a good day for the hecklers in the student section.
MC Aggie
AG
The kid is a great kid. His whole family are Aggies and he wanted to go here. Ole Miss saw the kind of player he is and jumped right on it. Mock him if you want, won't phase him one bit.
ColoradoMooseHerd
MC Aggie said:

The kid is a great kid. His whole family are Aggies and he wanted to go here. Ole Miss saw the kind of player he is and jumped right on it. Mock him if you want, won't phase him one bit.
Just for the Record - He was recruited by A&M, he chose Ole Miss
Clown_World
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

MC Aggie said:

This is true.

Ans yes. Peyton is a tremendous kid. Never seen anyone have more fun on a baseball field. Even though he had an older brother at A&M at the time, Ole miss did a better job of recruiting him and he has always had very high praise for Mike Bianco.

And it's also true that he will play better if you heckle him...
dermdoc
AG
MC Aggie said:

I am confused. If he wanted to be at A&M and we offered, why is he at Ole Miss?

And I am glad the kid is a great kid. And maybe he will play better if we heckle him.

But I am still going to do it. And I bet if he makes MLB he suddenly stops doing his thing.

dermdoc
AG
CoachO_08 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

MC Aggie said:

This is true.

Ans yes. Peyton is a tremendous kid. Never seen anyone have more fun on a baseball field. Even though he had an older brother at A&M at the time, Ole miss did a better job of recruiting him and he has always had very high praise for Mike Bianco.

And it's also true that he will play better if you heckle him...
And that makes sense and imho, is one of the reasons we are where we are and Ole Miss is where they are.
MC Aggie
AG
Because Ole Miss is and was a better program at the time and did a phenominal job recruiting him. Like I said, keep hollaring at him, see where that gets you. As a die hard Aggie myself, I personally cant wait to watch him play at BBP. I know he is looking forward to this Series since last year.
MC Aggie
AG
And no he wont stop when he gets to the MLB. He is a very confident young man and does his own thing.
MC Aggie
AG
yes I know
dermdoc
AG
MC Aggie said:

And no he wont stop when he gets to the MLB. He is a very confident young man and does his own thing.

We shall see. There have been a lot of college players do stuff that they dropped when they got to MLB.

Sounds like a great guy.
MC Aggie
AG
He is and if Aggies want to heckle him, go for it, but to promote throwing at a kid, that could potentially injure him for a batting stance is foolish and sad. Thought our fans were better than that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.