We deserve Better

2,114 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Leander - Ag
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a baseball culture at A&M ripe for bigger and better things. We've got in game tradition, a good history of teams, a good facility, great fans and yet we still have to put up with at best a good not great program. Why? I don't understand it. It is what it is. We've seen it. It doesn't change from good to great and frankly we deserve better. I know it sounds a bit narcissistic but I'm tired of having a lackluster program at a place that wants great baseball and more importantly will support great baseball. Our culture of support is outstanding our program is mediocre. So damn frustrating.
Aggie
AG
If you want to say the ingredients are in place to have a top level baseball program ... ok fine. No realistic argument against that at all.

But to say "we deserve better" sounds very entitled and Inmature.
Warsteiner
Aggie said:

If you want to say the ingredients are in place to have a top level baseball program ... ok fine. No realistic argument against that at all.

But to say "we deserve better" sounds very entitled and Inmature.
It does sound T.U. ish
Mr. Ectomy
AG
We want to be better.

We probably should be better.

But "deserve"? Who in this world "deserves" anything?

Problem is, the Aggie collective has made this bed, and now we have to lie in it, until Bjork decides to change it.
greg.w.h
AG
If you want a change: pay for it. Bjork can only spend excess money the athletic department generated including donations and ticket revenue to improve facilities and coaching. He can't and won't make a change without counting the cost.

Just to make my point more clear: watch the whining should they choose to remove the bleachers after Covid-19 resolves itself...

I do think we can and will make changes. And I see the opportunity to improve. And I think of all people Bjork, due to his time at Ole Miss, can visualize and even stronger baseball program. But right now proposing a poorly considered essentially knee jerk reaction without adequate financial support falls into the futile and stupid gesture category.

Do we deserve that? History demonstrates that Texas A&M has by its own culture fallen into that trap now and again. Can we reprogram our approach? Yes.
Capitol Ag
AG
Ya, deserve is a strong word and I tend to agree with others here, we do not deserve anything. Maybe an argument can be made for the season ticket holders and those that donate a lot to the program but still, you can only "deserve" that which you actually earn. Hard to earn something, as a fan, you really do not work towards.

Should A&M have a better baseball program. No doubt.
W
AG
the fundamental problem with A&M's baseball culture...

is holding on to coaches too long. Must have a quicker hook going forward.

it doesn't take that long ~ 5 years for a great coach to show himself with regard to the CWS
Aggie
AG
W said:

it doesn't take that long ~ 5 years for a great coach to show himself with regard to the CWS

Tadlock at Texas Tech ( now mind you before his career is over he may be mentioned in the same breath at the likes of Skip Bertman, Cliff Gustafson, Augie Garrido , Mike Martin and Gene Stephenson.. yes I think he is that caliber) but in year 2 he took Texas Tech to their 1st ever CWS.
Since he took over in 2013 Tech has been to 4 CWS and won 3 Big 12 titles.

Luke The Drifter
AG
Yea, we don't *deserve* jack crap. I'd sure like to have better, but to think we *deserve* it is laughable.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
85AustinAg
AG
Good grief. So I could have chosen better words and "deserve" sounds like I'm a millennial. I'm 58, been going to games since the early '80's and I occasionally post on the Baseball board. Lighten up.
TXAggie2011
AG
Some of y'all are cheesy as hell. I think we all largely know what the OP means...
Divining Rod
quit nitpicking the word "deserve"!
The OP's message is 100% on target. we have some of tbe BEST :

Facilities
Geography
School
Fan Support
Conference
Financial Support

We ABSOLUTELY should have more - MUCH MORE to show for it than what RC has produced.

There, I didnt use the word "deserve".
Sgt. Schultz
AG
There is a BIG time culture problem in the men's athletic department. PAt Henry seems to be immune from it as does Jimbo. We should have much better results with our location and financial commitment. All men's sports outside of a flash here and there have under-performed. We need a culture change ---- you are either coaching it or allowing it to happen.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Lance Uppercut
AG
What kind of improvement project were we doing for baseball in 2015-2016? I'm tying to find budget information, and it says our numbers are inflated by adding contributions for a project at that time. Would that be the Bright Complex or the weight room building by the softball stadium?
BQ_90
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

What kind of improvement project were we doing for baseball in 2015-2016? I'm tying to find budget information, and it says our numbers are inflated by adding contributions for a project at that time. Would that be the Bright Complex or the weight room building by the softball stadium?
Before the 2018 season when the tours of the park was going on with the brazos county A&M club kick off event or whatever it's called, I have pictures of new lobby. I think they also upgraded the weight room snd maybe some improvements to locker room. So that would have been done in 2017. Not sure if this is what you're talking about
Lance Uppercut
AG
Probably. Did they say anything ever about what that was in terms of contributions, or what annual contributions are for the baseball program?
BQ_90
AG
Never heard a dollar figure. I'm sure it was donor money. You can see a name in this picture
Leander - Ag
AG
Divining Rod said:

quit nitpicking the word "deserve"!
The OP's message is 100% on target. we have some of tbe BEST :

Facilities
Geography
School
Fan Support
Conference
Financial Support

We ABSOLUTELY should have more - MUCH MORE to show for it than what RC has produced.

There, I didnt use the word "deserve".

This can be said for almost all of our sports, yet not many trophies to show for it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.