Section 12

1,640 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by twk
Texags Meltdown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is awesome!! I was there all 3 games as loud as I could be. Hope it's permanent
Alpha Texan
AG
I think the email they sent students said it's temporary but I'm hoping they see how much people enjoy it and pour some real money into it
ensign_beedrill
AG
I enjoyed listening to them from the berm bleachers. Y'all do a good job.
twk
AG
Alpha Texan said:

I think the email they sent students said it's temporary but I'm hoping they see how much people enjoy it and pour some real money into it
I'll be shocked if they spend any real money on Olsen in the next 3 years. We lost $40 million this year thanks to Covid.

However, I could see them keeping the temporary bleachers in right for a while, until they do finally do something permanent.
greg.w.h
AG
Build the demand and adjust available seating with temporary seats. Sounds smart to me!

I was excited for the Section 12 folks. But I always enjoyed outfield seats more than infield.
Alpha Texan
AG
greg.w.h said:

Build the demand and adjust available seating with temporary seats. Sounds smart to me!

I was excited for the Section 12 folks. But I always enjoyed outfield seats more than infield.
I hate to move further from the diamond but I'm pretty dang excited to go heckle bullpen pitchers.
2020P.O.
twk said:

Alpha Texan said:

I'll be shocked if they spend any real money on Olsen in the next 3 years. We lost $40 million this year thanks to Covid.

However, I could see them keeping the temporary bleachers in right for a while, until they do finally do something permanent.

IF they end up having to get a new coach...they'll have to likely put in a facelift on Blue Bell. That's likely requirement #1 of any coach worth money whipping.

Hope they leave the bleaches, they were an awesome addition this past weekend! Can't wait to see/hear a full stadium.
twk
AG
2020P.O. said:

twk said:

Alpha Texan said:

IF they end up having to get a new coach...they'll have to likely put in a facelift on Blue Bell. That's likely requirement #1 of any coach worth money whipping.

Hope they leave the bleaches, they were an awesome addition this past weekend! Can't wait to see/hear a full stadium.
If some coaching prospect wants them to promise to spend a big number on Olsen as a condition to taking the job, other than for some very specific player facility upgrades, then that will probably be the end of the conversation. But, I can't think of any coach who would make such demands as it regards fan facilities--player facilities? Yes. Fan facilities? No.
cypress-ag
AG
What were the facilities like out their? Was it port a potties? Can you get beer out there?
Texags Meltdown
AG
There are port a potties. There weren't concessions this weekend but they are supposed to have them on Tuesday.
Cayo95
AG
Miss having the students closer. Can't hear the jabs, but it looks cool though.
Capt. America
AG
Nice addition, but not a healthy replacement for the folks in GA. Hope they keep it as additional seating as opposed to sticking GA out there in the future.
ordRV80
AG
I thought it looked great and was fun when they were harassing the right fielder, BUT, overall it was a negative for the overall experience.

Simply due to the fact that there were no GA in the 2nd deck.

And it was very hard to coordinate the ball 5 chant!
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Students should be in 1st base side, moving them would be a tragedy
twk
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Students should be in 1st base side, moving them would be a tragedy
I don't think that's the plan. I think the idea is to have this outfield seating in addition to 202 and 203. I don't see us ever eliminating GA seating from the grandstand because if we did, then we'd have to kick some season ticket holders out of their seats for the post season, because the NCAA requires 200 comps for regionals, and 600 for visitor's tickets for super regionals, all of which have to be located between the bases. LSU, for example, rotates which sections get relegated to the bleachers on a yearly basis. I don't think we want to go that route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.