To the Fire RC crowd

16,078 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jock 07 said:

The blind loyalty to Childress is absolutely mind blowing. The amount of folks on here who defend him no matter how much the teams underperform year after year boggles the mind. It's sad how so many have lost interest in A&M baseball over the years

Not sure why there are near 50 stars on this post (even though it deserves far more) when I've been all but kicked off this board for simply asking why we've put up with Childress for all these years when, at least since about 2010 (as I documented then) he was hardly an upgrade over the previous coach. In many respects, other than (I think) one losing season, he wasn't an upgrade.

Its very frustrating that too many on this board, including many who have been around for a long time, are just now seeing what some of us have known for over a decade.
greg.w.h
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Jock 07 said:

The blind loyalty to Childress is absolutely mind blowing. The amount of folks on here who defend him no matter how much the teams underperform year after year boggles the mind. It's sad how so many have lost interest in A&M baseball over the years

Not sure why there are near 50 stars on this post (even though it deserves far more) when I've been all but kicked off this board for simply asking why we've put up with Childress for all these years when, at least since about 2010 (as I documented then) he was hardly an upgrade over the previous coach. In many respects, other than (I think) one losing season, he wasn't an upgrade.

Its very frustrating that too many on this board, including many who have been around for a long time, are just now seeing what some of us have known for over a decade.
Your omniscience probably is not.

Now if they TMF wouldn't take your $5-10 million endowment to establish a replacement staff, please do show your work, counselor. Otherwise yours is just one opinion among a group of people who it turns out all have at least one,

There are reasons to not actually try to make changes when there is better than average success that isn't yet transformative. One of them is to allow things to play out. The notion because a group of people insists therefore they should have the upper hand isn't even democratic. But if you want to use power to accomplish change specifically to address a specific intercollegiate athletic program, you arguably know the law and exactly how that can be accomplished. Why didn't you try that???

Or are you now going to claim ignorance in your omniscience??

The posing must be exhausting. Performance art is HARD!!!
91AggieLawyer
AG
greg.w.h said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Jock 07 said:

Now if they TMF wouldn't take your $5-10 million endowment to establish a replacement staff, please do show your work, counselor. Otherwise yours is just one opinion among a group of people who it turns out all have at least one,

There are reasons to not actually try to make changes when there is better than average success that isn't yet transformative. One of them is to allow things to play out. The notion because a group of people insists therefore they should have the upper hand isn't even democratic. But if you want to use power to accomplish change specifically to address a specific intercollegiate athletic program, you arguably know the law and exactly how that can be accomplished. Why didn't you try that???

Several things I learned a LONG time ago with respect to big words:

1. They don't make the writer look any smarter (except to some people, who aren't worth impressing in the first place) -- in fact, quite the opposite;
2. If you can't get your point across with simple words, you either can't get your point across, or it isn't worth getting across. Sort of like pounding the table.

Your arrogance and condescension (not to mention illogic -- and I'll leave it at that, though I'm tempted to use MUCH harsher language but won't since I don't want to risk a ban and desire to keep this as professional as possible) is, well, pretty breathtaking here. Please name the individual(s) that submitted such an endowment to get rid of Mark Johnson. How about the one that took care of Melvin Watkins in basketball? Peggy ____ (I think was her name) in women's basketball?

As far as mine being one opinion, just exactly who's on this board isn't? How in the world is that relevant to this discussion? Or for that matter, any discussion.

As far as better than average success, its clear that you either didn't read or didn't understand my post. Perhaps that was, at least in part, my fault. My point, if I didn't make clear, was that Mark Johnson was turning in better than average success. FAR better than average. Were we frustrated with his results? Absolutely. I got a warning on TA for suggesting he needed to go after the Cougar high debacle in, I think, 2003. It was clear in 2009, 2010 and certainly by 2012-13 that RC wasn't producing results much better, if at all, than Johnson had produced. In fact, I argued then that Johnson's results came during a period of much stronger competition as the early 2000s Big 12 had several CWS teams, and 2 winners. Not so much the late 2000s.

I KNOW why we haven't made a change. There are probably a half dozen reasons -- some different due to different ADs we've had since the late 2000s. But that has nothing to do with my point. This board, as far as I can tell, wanted nothing to do with a change until recently. Those like me who suggested that we did not have the right guy (nothing more, mind you) were all but shouted down and ran off. Why you're making ad hominem after missing my point so badly is beyond me.
dermdoc
AG
Lawyers
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

greg.w.h said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Jock 07 said:

Several things I learned a LONG time ago with respect to big words:

1. They don't make the writer look any smarter (except to some people, who aren't worth impressing in the first place) -- in fact, quite the opposite;
2. If you can't get your point across with simple words, you either can't get your point across, or it isn't worth getting across. Sort of like pounding the table.

Your arrogance and condescension (not to mention illogic -- and I'll leave it at that, though I'm tempted to use MUCH harsher language but won't since I don't want to risk a ban and desire to keep this as professional as possible) is, well, pretty breathtaking here. Please name the individual(s) that submitted such an endowment to get rid of Mark Johnson. How about the one that took care of Melvin Watkins in basketball? Peggy ____ (I think was her name) in women's basketball?

As far as mine being one opinion, just exactly who's on this board isn't? How in the world is that relevant to this discussion? Or for that matter, any discussion.

As far as better than average success, its clear that you either didn't read or didn't understand my post. Perhaps that was, at least in part, my fault. My point, if I didn't make clear, was that Mark Johnson was turning in better than average success. FAR better than average. Were we frustrated with his results? Absolutely. I got a warning on TA for suggesting he needed to go after the Cougar high debacle in, I think, 2003. It was clear in 2009, 2010 and certainly by 2012-13 that RC wasn't producing results much better, if at all, than Johnson had produced. In fact, I argued then that Johnson's results came during a period of much stronger competition as the early 2000s Big 12 had several CWS teams, and 2 winners. Not so much the late 2000s.

I KNOW why we haven't made a change. There are probably a half dozen reasons -- some different due to different ADs we've had since the late 2000s. But that has nothing to do with my point. This board, as far as I can tell, wanted nothing to do with a change until recently. Those like me who suggested that we did not have the right guy (nothing more, mind you) were all but shouted down and ran off. Why you're making ad hominem after missing my point so badly is beyond me.
Pounding the table so soon??
dermdoc
AG
I can not believe you guys wrote all that without charging somebody.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
12thMan9
AG
Lawyers.
Ronnie '88
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

It was clear in 2009, 2010 and certainly by 2012-13 that RC wasn't producing results much better, if at all, than Johnson had produced.

Johnson was removed because he went 9-18 in conference and missed the tournament for the 4th time in 6 seasons and finished 8th or lower in the Big 12 for the 4th time as well, all of those in a time period where 64 teams made the tournament.

Childress has never had a stretch of anything approaching that, plus in 2010 we won a Big 12 tournament and in 2011 we were in the CWS. 2009 was a season removed from us winning tournaments and a conference championship. It's fine to think Childress wasn't reaching our aspirations as a program, but that "if at all" statement is not true.

Or if that's too verbose, Childress was winning more than Johnson so he didn't get fired.
_mpaul
AG
dermdoc said:

Don't worry. We're sending you a bill.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
dermdoc
AG
_mpaul said:

dermdoc said:

Don't worry. We're sending you a bill.
Not surprised at all. And unlike some of my lawyer clients, I pay mine.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm not an attorney...I didn't even sleep at Holiday Inn Express last night...
dermdoc
AG
greg.w.h said:

You sure used a lot of attorney words.
W
AG
the Blair vs. Childress discussion from page 2 of this thread...did not age well.

as Blair's team triumphs in the winner-take-all game for the SEC championship
greg.w.h
AG
dermdoc said:

greg.w.h said:

You sure used a lot of attorney words.
Ive had some quality time with a few. One is Professor Glynn Lunney at Texas A&M. He was in Shuhmacher with me on a different floor in the 1980-1982 terms. He is an intellectual property expert. Another is Craig Cox of Frost Brown Todd also a Texas A&M bachelor's product. We filed I think ten provisionals and probably a half dozen patents and he got at least three through to full patents plus numerous registered trademarks. Glynn is a Stanford Law product then taught at Tulane for years and Craig got his JD from Tulsa. Highest regards for both of them. They might have rubbed off on me a little...

Glynn's dad is portrayed on Disney+'s The Right Stuff series, btw. Heh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.