Did not know we had a local boy on the team

1,859 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBQ
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kalae Harrison from Kailua.

We lived a stones throw from Punahou where he played. My wife ('99) trained some of the athletes there for a couple of years.

My son, who is two years younger, also played little league when Kalae would have been playing.

Having lived and raised a family there for 15 years, I just think it's awesome that a local kid chose to play for the Ags.

Anyway, Gig'em Kalae! And Gig'em Ags!
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Goro Majima
AG
Gig em. And aloha.
Captain Pablo
monarch
S
Aloha. Honolulu, 1952.
Peace for Ukraine!
TAMU1990
AG
AGinHI said:

Kalae Harrison from Kailua.

We lived a stones throw from Punahou where he played. My wife ('99) trained some of the athletes there for a couple of years.

My son, who is two years younger, also played little league when Kalae would have been playing.

Having lived and raised a family there for 15 years, I just think it's awesome that a local kid chose to play for the Ags.

Anyway, Gig'em Kalae! And Gig'em Ags!

I was streaming the 2nd game and the announcers said that his dad played at Olsen in 1993 during the regional. Maybe we left an impression when he visited back in the day.
twk
AG
Because of Hawaii's geographic isolation, they were the only team that the NCAA allowed to televise their regional games. They hired a crew out of Stillwater that came down and produced the broadcasts for them. I don't think we faced the Rainbows during the tournament (it was a 6 team field).

Their park was modeled after Olsen.
TAMU1990
AG
twk said:

Because of Hawaii's geographic isolation, they were the only team that the NCAA allowed to televise their regional games. They hired a crew out of Stillwater that came down and produced the broadcasts for them. I don't think we faced the Rainbows during the tournament (it was a 6 team field).

Their park was modeled after Olsen.

I thought we did - I remember their chant and seeing their parents in the chicken. Hunta-Choo! It was the same regional as cookie from North Carolina.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I did not know Kalae Harrison is from Hawaii until I went to yesterday's doubleheader game. I was stationed on the Oahu island from November 2007 to August 2011, but I did not get to spend as much time there as I would have liked. I was deployed from December 2007 to February 2009 and again from June 2010 to May 2011. On top of that, I was at Fort Irwin, California for a pre-deployment National Training Center (NTC) rotation for 6 weeks from 2/19/10 to 4/1/10.

It's great to see an Aggie from Hawaii!. Gig em. And aloha.
LOYAL AG
AG
I found out Saturday it snows in Hawaii. I found that out when he came up to bat the first time and I said I'm guessing he's never seen snow before. Some guy turned around and matter-of-factly tells me it snows in Hawaii. Who knew? Well besides him. That caused me stress. I'm not used to getting fact checked at Olsen. If I have to be witty and timely AND ACCURATE.... that's a lot to ask.
greg.w.h
AG
It snows near the peaks of a few volcanic mountains most usually above 10,000 feet of elevation. The highest peak in Texas, by comparison, is Guadalupe Peak (8,751 feet) at the south end of the Guadalupe Mountains National Park just east of the ascending L separating NM and TX.

But snow is generally a sight both Texans and Hawaiians pay to go see...
ensign_beedrill
AG
In Wikipedia's list of snowiest pacest by state in the USA, Texas is at 42 and Hawaii is at 50. I'd say your comment was reasonable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snowiest_places_in_the_United_States_by_state
BBQ
AG
Back in the early/middle 80's the Ags had a middle reliever from HI , I do believe ... Beje Mahoe
Farmari Bojuji
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.