Uniform Tracker!

10,145 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Capt. America
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I decided I'd have a little fun this season and track our uniforms. This will likely have some edits of course if they decide to drop something special on us, but this is a good start. I'm posting it on my other twitter account @AggieUnis on twitter and I'll try to do the same on this thread! BTHO everybody!

WEEK 11 UPDATE:

Eek. Not much to say positively at the moment.

BTHO state

ptothemo
AG
I regret that I don't have more blue stars to give you. This is an awesome idea, and I look forward to keeping up with it. Thank you for doing it!
Capt. America
AG
Thanks! My inner uniform nerd tried to kickstart it last year before 'rona shut everything down.
tjack16
AG
Maroon jersey with the pinstripe pants is my favorite look. Would look perfect with these hats
Capt. America
AG
One of my all-time favorites for sure.
hunter2012
AG
Capitol Ag
AG
This is worthy of POTD!

Capt. America
AG
EMY92
AG
These are the best Aggie baseball uniforms. Doesn't matter which color: white, maroon, or grey.

GarryowenAg
AG
I agree. Wish they'd bring these back.
Capt. America
AG

Bring back the shoulder stripes!
EMY92
AG
His parents used to live near me. Nice folks.
Capt. America
AG
WEEK 1 UPDATE:

Well, not the start we wanted, but we got a little redemption sunday in the Maroon Pins. Texas A&M looks to bounce back this week against midweek opponents in ACU, Tarleton, and the folks in Round Rock. We saw the standard white jerseys Saturday afternoon, the debut of the new pinstripe uniforms on Saturday night, and of course the maroon pinstripes on Sunday.

(Now, I was told on the twitter page that the font on the numbers for the v-necks is incorrect. I know it, but it just fits with consistency to put the Texas A&M font for the numbers like they are on the pinstripes. Keep it on brand.)

96ags
AG
The Sunday uniforms are softball unis because baseball pants only come in two base colors, gray and white. Change my mind.

Missouri Boat Ride
AG
do they still have the red white and blue kit for sunday series sweep?
ptothemo
AG
I don't think that we have the RWB's anymore, but I am not 100% sure right now. The Sunday sweep uni's appear to be a TBD right now given the maroon pinstripes (blech) were the Sunday sweep uni's last year, but we wore them yesterday when we obviously weren't going for a sweep. So, that means that 1) the maroon pinstripes (blech) are just our Sunday uni's no matter what or 2) we have new Sunday sweep uni's for this year that have not been unveiled yet.
Capt. America
AG
They were retired a couple of years ago.
tjack16
AG
Was never a fan of the RWB. For once a year on armed forces day it was good ... but not sundays. Keep our colors Maroon, white, gray and occasionally throw some black in there.
ptothemo
AG
And I just remembered how much I disliked the last version of the RWB's - the ones with the flag-colored lettering. They looked like a Little League uniform and just cheap. The original version of the RWB's, the ones that actually looked like a D-1 baseball uniform, were legit. I totally get the point about maroon and white, but I really liked those.

The black uniforms are still the best Sunday sweep sets we've had IMO. They just can't be beat.
Capt. America
AG
I had a couple of ideas of what I wanted for a Sunday uniform. Either way, I wanted a dark uniform on Sunday.
tjack16
AG
Capt. America said:

I had a couple of ideas of what I wanted for a Sunday uniform. Either way, I wanted a dark uniform on Sunday.

That black combo you made >>>

This jersey but in black with pinstripe pants would be sick for a sweep
ptothemo
AG
Those.

Are.

Sweet.

I'm a real big fan.
ptothemo
AG
I always thought that the three stripes on the sleeves were too busy. It just made the whole look unbalanced toward the sleeves rather than the logo, number, etc.

IIRC, though, we wore that jersey a lot in 2017, because it was the only one that we could win in for a while. I think that we wore it for every game in the regional, super, and into the CWS.
Capt. America
AG
I'll see what I can do with that in a bit!
ensign_beedrill
AG
They weren't Sunday sweep uniforms, just Sunday uniforms. We wore them on Sunday in Frisco and were not going for a sweep.
Capt. America
AG
ptothemo said:

I don't think that we have the RWB's anymore, but I am not 100% sure right now. The Sunday sweep uni's appear to be a TBD right now given the maroon pinstripes (blech) were the Sunday sweep uni's last year, but we wore them yesterday when we obviously weren't going for a sweep. So, that means that 1) the maroon pinstripes (blech) are just our Sunday uni's no matter what or 2) we have new Sunday sweep uni's for this year that have not been unveiled yet.
We haven't done a sweep uniform the past couple of seasons. It's been pretty set. Maroon pins are definitely our Sunday uniform and not a sweep. If there is a "sweep" uniform coming, it's news to me.
ptothemo
AG
Welp, I stand corrected on the Sunday sweep thing then. As much as I pay attention to our uniforms, I guess I just totally missed that. As you were, carry on, nothing to see here.
Capt. America
AG
Sorry y'all, it's been a week. We are now updated through Yesterday. Back above .500! All gray and Maroon with white pants made their debut. Maroon over gray is the last man standing for now.

Come Out Roll
AG
I don't think our guys would appreciate the dark uni's....especially in the summer months.....
Aggiehunt
AG
Come Out Roll said:

I don't think our guys would appreciate the dark uni's....especially in the summer months.....

I dont either. To each their own, but I'm not a fan of alternate colored uniforms. Our colors are maroon and white...I feel those should be the major colors of our uniforms.
ensign_beedrill
AG
We only have maroon and white this year.
Gray is traditional in baseball to wear at away games.
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

We only have maroon and white this year.
Gray is traditional in baseball to wear at away games.
Yup, all baseball teams have gray. That's a baseball thing since white is typically home. Even if they wear maroon tops away, they wear gray bottoms typically.

Though, I would love to bring back the black tops we used to have a few years ago.
jimmo
dang
If the RWBs are out for Sunday sweeps - can't they at least bring back the throw backs
aggiebrad94
AG
Can you just edit the original post with the updates?

It's cool to track. Thanks,
Capt. America
AG
It'll be updated by tomorrow. I'm currently in Vegas
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.