Set the bar this year.

8,708 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tjack16
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2020P.O. said:

35-40 wins.....non-conference schedule is just too light for worse than that. I THINk 3-4 games over .500 in conf.

Back to the new coach thing....IF RC is let go, you can bet any new coach worth anything will require promises of facility upgrades. Not going to get one of the top guys to agree to take a gig that's beginning to fall behind in the arms race.

Pitching will be fine.....hitting will be better than last year.

If it's a an established and successful D1 head coach, yeah probably

If it's an assistant or JUCO guy, then not necessarily
Rooster4Ag
AG
I haven't been around other SEC baseball clubhouses, but are our facilities really that bat? I know we have the ****ty closet outside of BB, but are the internal facilities actually as poor as some say?
What have ye done to surpass man?
GoodAg21
Lonestar18 said:

For those who want RC out, who would you replace him with?
get pat casey.
GoodAg21
That would be a jimbo splash hire but for baseball
Rooster4Ag
AG
Just get someone with promise. I don't care if he' a younger guy. I just want to at least be hopeful. With RC I know what I'm going to get.
What have ye done to surpass man?
2020P.O.
Captain Pablo said:

2020P.O. said:

35-40 wins.....non-conference schedule is just too light for worse than that. I THINk 3-4 games over .500 in conf.

Back to the new coach thing....IF RC is let go, you can bet any new coach worth anything will require promises of facility upgrades. Not going to get one of the top guys to agree to take a gig that's beginning to fall behind in the arms race.

Pitching will be fine.....hitting will be better than last year.

If it's a an established and successful D1 head coach, yeah probably

If it's an assistant or JUCO guy, then not necessarily

I can't imagine the powers that be would be willing to take a flyer on a Juco or up-n-comer. But you're correct if money was a little tight....saving money on a coach and not have to upgrade for another 3-5 years would definitely be a possible route. Just find it hard to believe the administration would take this route after successes in other sports.

Unless he just craps out....I'm all for keeping RC, especially over taking a chance on Juco/asst coach. But I certainly can see where you're coming from.
caleblyn
Unfortunately...a month ago, I said we would struggle to get to 50% win/loss.

My too early guess after 4 games...

14-9 non-conference
10-14 conference

0-9 vs. COVID cancellations
ironmanag
AG
Sec champions or bust.
GEA89
AG
Hop said:

W said:

also disappointing...the move from Olsen Field to Blue Bell Park hasn't changed the success of the program like everyone hoped.

A&M has played 9 seasons at Blue Bell (2012-2020) --- one shortened by COVID...

and the program basically has the same postseason results as the last 9 seasons at Olsen Field (2003-2011).

almost identical in fact...Omaha appearances...super-regional appearances...regionals hosted

Was putting a brick facade, sprucing up the rest rooms, and adding a couple of berms supposed to be a game changer? Blue Bell ranks in the middle of the SEC pack for baseball stadiums.

Don't get Hop started, he hates the renovations and does have a few points, the biggest being that they made it seat less in the renovations
Sgt. Schultz
AG

11-12 non-conference
8-16 conference
I know NOTHING!!!!
GEA89
AG
6-17 non conference
4-20 SEC

10-37 on the year
Jarrin' Jay
AG
We got bounced out of our last regional by Duke, whose facilities are like a bad D2 JUCO team.

Our facilities are very good, maybe not the best, but very good. I would prefer they bring back and incorporate Aggie Alley somehow in LF or RF like we see at so many SEC stadiums, but the stadium and facilities are good to very good. Recruits and players don't care about the grass berms, the stadium facade, suites, etc. other than to say the stadium looks good, is big enough, good atmosphere, shows a commitment to the program, etc. all of which Olsen Field checks the boxes; they care about their facilities, and even there our facilities are good - players lounge, indoor facility, S&C, locker room, dugout, etc.

The facilities argument doesn't hold much water when you compare and contrast our facilities vs. those in Lubbock and results on the field over the last 5-10 seasons. We could have not even touched the stadium itself and just did the player specific upgrades and would still be ahead of Technical..... except on the field.
MROD92
Right now my bar is completely out of bourbon and I didn't expect baseball to cause that until May
greg.w.h
AG
MROD92 said:

Right now my bar is completely out of bourbon and I didn't expect baseball to cause that until May
Raze the bar!!!
TXAGBQ76
AG
There were a lot of TexAgs experts that felt that way too
IronAg45
AG
Fury_239 said:

Lonestar18 said:

For those who want RC out, who would you replace him with?
get pat casey.

How much to money whip him out of retirement?
tjack16
AG
I still think we make a regional this year even after the awful 2-3 start last week

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.