Baseball Lands One of the Nation's Premier Signing Classes

Nov 13, 2020
By: Thomas Dick, Texas A&M Athletics Communications

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas Texas A&M added 14 of the top baseball student-athletes in the country for the 2022 season, as it received certification on National Letters of Intent and appropriate paperwork, head coach Rob Childress announced Friday.

"I couldn't be more proud of the 2021 class," Childress said. "It's a culmination of a lot of hard work from our recruiting coordinator, Justin Seely. Obviously, with a lot of help from Chad Caillet as well. Those two guys worked incredibly hard, not just over the past year, but over the last three and four years, to put this class together. We have four incredibly talented middle infielders and some outstanding right-handed pitchers and a talented left-hander. We also have a physical catcher with Chanden Scamardo coming in along with two-way player Rawley Hector who is a middle infielder and pitcher. From top to bottom it is a very talented class and certainly fills a lot of needs for us in the 2022 season."

Thirteen of the 14 players hail from the state of Texas, including RHP Brayden Edwards (Fannett/Hardin-Jefferson), RHP Jack Hamilton (College Station/A&M Consolidated), RHP/INF Rawley Hector (Anna/Anna), RHP Logan Henderson (Katy/Cinco Ranch/McLennan CC), INF Ty Hodge (College Station/A&M Consolidated), RHP Will Maynard (Tomball/Klein Cain), INF Izaac Pacheco (Friendswood/Friendswood), LHP Ryan Prager (Dallas/Hillcrest), RHP Will Rizzo (The Woodlands/St. Thomas), RHP Brad Rudis (Madisonville/Madisonville), C Chanden Scamardo (College Station/College Station), RHP Ty Sexton (Montgomery/Lake Creek) and INF Austin Stracener (New Braunfels/Canyon). The Aggies also added one of the top players from Arizona, INF Chase Valentine (Phoenix/Sandra Day O'Connor).

"The strengths of the class is that we have a lot of players and a lot of really good players," Seely said. "All these guys have the chance to play early and with my estimation we are going to need them to. I think we are going to set some records again next year from the point of Aggies getting drafted. These guys are all going to be counted on to come in and make an impact on our roster from the start. The athleticism of the infielders and the pitchability from the pitchers in particular. We also picked up the left-handed bats that we needed to balance out our roster. I felt that was something that we needed. We even were able to get a little bit of experience with Logan Henderson's junior college arm."

More here:

https://12thman.com/news/2020/11/13/baseball-lands-one-of-the-nations-premier-signing-classes.aspx