Bjork offers some thoughts on baseball

4,422 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MAROON
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
During town hall earlier today with Johnson and Monaco:

1. Wants to play a full season. Mentioned 56 games 30 SEC and specifically mentioned in-state competition at mid-week games.
2. Believes both players and fans deserve to see the schedule by winter break.
3. Wants fans to recognize the situation hinges on how the virus behaves over the next few months.

Thought I'd post it since I listened to most of the town hall via FB.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Great news to hear! Thank you for posting!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Cool. Winter break starts after Thanksgiving this year, yes?
twk
AG
Good to hear that. I'm still not real optimistic about what this means for live attendance, as even a 50% cap (assuming it's going to go up at some point), after having most of last season cancelled, would be a real kick in the nuts, but maybe things will look different at the end of November.
greg.w.h
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Cool. Winter break starts after Thanksgiving this year, yes?
I thought that thought as I listened to the Town Hall. He mentioned the time until the break and it was approximately that time frame, yes.
trouble
AG
Yes.
greg.w.h
AG
trouble said:

Yes.
rally-cap
AG
Really hoping we end up with a 56 game season... Need some normalcy back in college sports.
BBGigem
AG
Glad to hear he is on board for a full schedule. It is greatly needed for all.
Capitol Ag
AG
Encouraging to hear this!
Ag 11
AG
Yes! I'm ready for some Aggie baseball
Agsncws
AG
FWIW, LA Tech just posted their 2021 schedule. It has 56 games and includes midweek games against Arky and Ole Miss. We'll have to wait and see if that holds up, but it's clear that the SEC is not expecting to initially schedule a conference-only slate.
W
AG
sidenote...season ticket renewals were confirmed last year during the 1st week of November.

wonder how long the delay is going to be for the 2021 season
Tex100
AG
I paid for mine from money from my football ticket refund.
BQ_90
AG
W said:

sidenote...season ticket renewals were confirmed last year during the 1st week of November.

wonder how long the delay is going to be for the 2021 season
they will delay as long as possible.

At this point if there is a season, I don't see how there is that many people in the stands. If you skip every other row; have 6' between people. how many can you get in Olsen. How many will be pushed to the berms.
ensign_beedrill
AG
You paid for 2021 baseball season tickets already?
greg.w.h
AG
Bjork addressed baseball/softball at this week's Town Hall by noting volleyball and soccer were scheduled for the spring with practice (and games? not sure) to get them ready for their tournament.

Said he hoped to have schedule for the diamond sports soon. Noted how the continuing situation is affecting the scheduling. No comments on number of games or possible start date.
MAROON
AG
LSU coach was on radio today in BR saying the league is leaning towards four game conference series(Fri/Sat/Sun), with no mid-week games during conference.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/lsu-baseball-coach-on-radio-today/94160490/
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.