Season Ticket Renewals

27,580 Views | 306 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tex100
uncover&humpit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody heard anything about baseball ticket renewals? Hoping we will have the chance to buy tickets for at least part of the season.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I haven't heard anything. I reckon we'll get news about it once the NCAA firms up their plans and maybe after we get a schedule. Kendall mentioned something happening on that front at the end of the month.
twk
AG
They probably have to decide what the schedule looks like first (initial thought was that since the 2020 conference schedule was not played, that they would just repeat that for 2021, but there has also been talk of a conference only schedule), then, we have to see where we are on attendance limitations.

Frankly, I want them to wait as long as possible before making any decisions, because if they decide now, it would be 25% capacity Not to bring politics into baseball, but I think the decision making will be a lot more rational by the end of November.
rally-cap
AG
twk said:

Frankly, I want them to wait as long as possible before making any decisions, because if they decide now, it would be 25% capacity
This. Hoping they wait for as long as possible to decide. We have all seen the repercussions of some P5 conferences canceling seasons long before they needed to.
W
AG
I tend to think a 2021 college baseball season will be played.

a lot of different ways it could look schedule-wise...with a sharp eye on saving travel costs.

perhaps the west division teams will only play each other...shades of the old 1992 SWC schedule...in an effort to cut costs.

maybe the Saturday doubleheader will return, so the 3-game series is over in 2 days...one less night in a hotel.

lots of moving parts.

and of course the big question for season ticket holders...% capacity allowed at BBP. February is not too far away

Aggieangler93
AG
All I can add, is that I hope we have a season. It killed me last year.....

So much potential there and then COVID!!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
MaroonMack
I hope they don't go with 4-game conference series like I've seen mentioned. Besides the impact ties would have on the conference standings, SEC weekends are going to be hard enough with all the firepower most teams are returning due to the additional eligibility and shortened MLB draft.

Whatever the schedule ends up being, baseball can't get here soon enough.
12th Man Ag
AG
With the basketball selection process just announced, is there a fear they will do the same for baseball and have us select seats based on PP? I seem to recall that PP are an issue in baseball since there is no donation required, so some have really good seats because they have been in them forever.

If they re-seat for 2021 based on PP, there could be some major blow back.
twk
AG
12th Man Ag said:

With the basketball selection process just announced, is there a fear they will do the same for baseball and have us select seats based on PP? I seem to recall that PP are an issue in baseball since there is no donation required, so some have really good seats because they have been in them forever.

Absolutely there is a fear they will do this. Up until 2 or 3 years ago, baseball tickets that didn't require a donation didn't get priority points, even through they cost more than mid-court balcony basketball tickets that did get points. They addressed this, somewhat, by giving you five points per ticket per season. But, it wasn't retroactive, and really is just a tiny drop in the bucket. I've been buying baseball season tickets for 31 years, but I'm guessing that I've got either 30 or 45 priority points to show for it (I've got priority points for purchasing football tickets for the last 25 years, so I'm not totally out of luck, unlike some folks who aren't football season ticket holders). So, yes, it sucks, but, I don't know how else they would do it.
ensign_beedrill
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Been a season ticket holder for 9 years but I don't have any priority points.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Email from 12th Man today:

Quote:

As Texas A&M awaits guidelines from the SEC regarding hosting events on campus this spring, season ticket renewals for Aggie Baseball, Softball, Tennis and Indoor Track & Field will be delayed until Jan. 2021 (timeline subject to change pending schedule information). No action is required at this time, and we will communicate your options as a season ticket holder when decisions are made.

While details have not been finalized, we anticipate that Texas A&M athletic venues will utilize a reduced capacity, distanced seating plan when hosting events this spring. Seating for current season ticket holders will be determined based on priority point rank.
trouble
TXAGBQ76
AG
Bork's recent email regarding spring sports to season ticket holders said
1. Waiting to see what NCAA says
2. Waiting for SEC's response/ direction
3. Will most likely be reduced seating like football and basketball
4. Tickets will be allocated based on priority points

Stay tuned!
wareagle044
TXAGBQ76 said:

Stay tuned!
I guess I'll be deferring my credit to 2022.......
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
wareagle044 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Stay tuned!
I guess I'll be deferring my credit to 2022.......
Same. VERY unfortunate and unneeded!!
ensign_beedrill
AG
I fear I am in this bucket as well.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I fear I am in this bucket as well.
Can't imagine what the resell market will be this year, with the limited amount of tickets issued. If anything, these outdoor sports should be the most lenient on headcount restrictions, with being outdoors.
twk
AG
I opted out for football, and although I'm not a basketball season ticket holder, I did read through the thread on their seat selection process. My guess is that baseball will be like basketball, with most opting in, and, as a result, just about everyone will get pushed down in quality from what they are used to (in football, so many opted out that those who did opt in didn't see nearly as much displacement).

My big personal issue is I have 3 tickets, and in the other re-seatings, they had very few groups of 3, so that may relegate me to getting 2 tickets, unless they will let me pair up with someone renewing a single (happen to have a single next to me in my usual seats). I emailed the TMF about the prospects for a group of 3 and just got a boilerplate response back.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
twk said:

I opted out for football, and although I'm not a basketball season ticket holder, I did read through the thread on their seat selection process. My guess is that baseball will be like basketball, with most opting in, and, as a result, just about everyone will get pushed down in quality from what they are used to (in football, so many opted out that those who did opt in didn't see nearly as much displacement).

My big personal issue is I have 3 tickets, and in the other re-seatings, they had very few groups of 3, so that may relegate me to getting 2 tickets, unless they will let me pair up with someone renewing a single (happen to have a single next to me in my usual seats). I emailed the TMF about the prospects for a group of 3 and just got a boilerplate response back.
My big concern is how this will impact our seats for 2022 and beyond. We've had the same seats for 6yrs and while I know that's minimal to many of the Ol' Ags, we love our seats and all the neighbors we have around us we've gotten to know over the years!
twk
AG
csag97 said:

twk said:

My big concern is how this will impact our seats for 2022 and beyond. We've had the same seats for 6yrs and while I know that's minimal to many of the Ol' Ags, we love our seats and all the neighbors we have around us we've gotten to know over the years!
It will be like football. 2021 will have no effect on 2022. If you opt out, or don't make the cut for socially distanced seating this year, it won't affect your ability to renew in 2022. There are plenty of things to worry about, but this isn't one of them, unless you're worried about your neighbors just giving up their seats after laying out for a year (and there might be some of that, but I doubt it, based on baseball's incredible season ticket renewal rate).
aggietony2010
AG
If we're still doing absurd 25% seating, the 12MF should consider partitioning the berms into "reserved sections", and put some lawn chairs there. Could probably get another 200-300 "seats" doing this.
ensign_beedrill
AG
My personal issue is that I most likely do not have enough priority points to "beat out" all the people who will be opting in.

I am, however, renewing one single seat, so I offer to be paired up with you!
BQ_90
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

My personal issue is that I most likely do not have enough priority points to "beat out" all the people who will be opting in.

I am, however, renewing one single seat, so I offer to be paired up with you!
Well I wonder how many downstairs wanna go up stairs to sit on metal bleachers?

Also will they give students any seats other than the berms?

There are large groups with seats together so it'll be interesting if they are limited.

But I'm not counting on my group of 3 getting seats I'm guess they'll offer us the berms
twk
AG
BQ_90 said:

Well I wonder how many downstairs wanna go up stairs to sit on metal bleachers?
I can't imagine anyone who opts in declining seats upstairs because of the bleachers, unless they've got a bad back, can't climb, or something like that.
Quote:

Also will they give students any seats other than the berms?
Good question. My guess is that they will set aside the same sections as usual for students, but who knows.
BQ_90
AG
I just don't think my group will have the PP to get tickets other than the berms
Wes97
AG
Any news at all on this front?
shevy
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

12th Man Ag said:

Been a season ticket holder for 9 years but I don't have any priority points.
Yea, I've had my seats for about 32 years and have been bumped (after double knee replacement) to Reed Arena for parking due to low points. Loyalty loses compared to $$.
Shevy '08
KaneIsAble
AG
Don't feel bad; I rank around 4000 and got kicked out two years ago too after being in the Olsen lot for 8 straight years.
uncover&humpit
AG
Here is the text of the email I just got.

We are excited for the return of Aggie Baseball this spring and while we await final details from the Southeastern Conference, we want to make you aware of the following information regarding 2021 season tickets.

A reduced capacity distanced seating plan will be in place at Blue Bell Park this season, similar to plans that were utilized at Kyle Field and other venues in the fall. Unfortunately, due to this reduction in capacity, the inventory available for season ticket holders will be extremely limited.
SEAT SELECTION PROCESS
Because capacity is reduced and to ensure that all seats are assigned according to priority point ranking, the 12th Man Foundation will conduct a seat selection process expected to begin during the week of Jan. 25. Pending availability at their designated appointment time, season ticket holders will only be eligible to select the same number of tickets (or less, if desired) they purchased for the 2020 season with a maximum of four tickets per account. Further limits may be imposed during the process based on availability. Appointment times will be emailed late next week.

Note: Cox Diamond Club season ticket holders will have exclusive rights to select club ticket inventory based on priority point rank.

If you would like to opt out of 2021 season tickets and do not want to receive a seat selection appointment, please email tickets@12thmanfoundation.com with your account number and name.

Regardless of your choice to participate in the seat selection process or opt out of 2021 baseball season tickets, all current season ticket holders will have the ability to renew their original [2020 season] tickets and locations for the 2022 season.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WITH A CREDIT
Some baseball season ticket holders currently have a credit on their account from their 2020 baseball season ticket investment.

For season ticket holders with a credit, the investment remaining on your account will be applied for 2021 season tickets. Credit that is not completely used for the 2021 season will remain on your account for the 2022 season.

All Aggie Baseball tickets will be delivered digitally this season while parking will be mailed.

Spectators at Blue Bell Park will be expected to adhere to Texas A&M Athletics' Face Covering/Mask Policy this season.

We ask for your patience as we receive additional information regarding the 2021 baseball season in the coming weeks. Our staff can be reached by phone at 888-992-4443 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or by email at tickets@12thmanfoundation.com
aggietony2010
AG
Sounds like we're going with the idiotic 25% for baseball too based on the phrase "extremely limited".
trouble
AG
Dammit. What are the chances I get to take my boys to baseball at all this season?
wareagle044
Will the credit on our account accumulate interest for when they hike the prices in 2022?
aggiepaintrain
AG
they held $9k of mine for 9 months
still pissed
KaneIsAble
AG
Couldn't you have gotten that back? Could've rolled it into TSLA for like 4,000,000% (mostly kidding)
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Agreed...truly absurd!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.