Facility enhancements?

2,627 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rally-cap
Bretttrina
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any word on Bluebell renovations? Taking a quick glance around and seeing significant enhancements or completely new stadiums at OK ST, OU, AR, K ST etc.
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't have any inside knowledge, but I would imagine that if a project wasn't up and running prior to the pandemic, they're not going to start it in the foreseeable future.
twk
AG
We're looking at around a 30% budget reduction this year due to Covid. There will probably be no facility improvements over the next year or two unless the money comes from donations dedicated to such improvements.
BQ_90
AG
twk said:

We're looking at around a 30% budget reduction this year due to Covid. There will probably be no facility improvements over the next year or two unless the money comes from donations dedicated to such improvements.
and the money people gave this year will be spent, yet how many rolled over to next year, which means the revenue next year will be even worse for the AD.
TXAGBQ76
AG
and everyone of those were playing catch up to what we did previously.
Bretttrina
Success on the field, in the draft along with facilities drives recruiting. We can't allow others " to catch up" or surpass in facilities investment. Investment and development have to be constant. Even with Covid mpacting budgets.
TXAggie2011
AG
I think we should just be glad that we're not one of the many programs looking at cutting sports.

For over a decade, we've been non-stop spending big on major facility improvements, but that just doesn't seem realistic right now.
2020P.O.
Going to guess nothing done anytime soon with the rona stuff.....only qualifier to that would be if there was a coaching change. Hopefully there won't be a change...but that contract end is sitting in the corner, waiting...
twk
AG
Bretttrina said:

Success on the field, in the draft along with facilities drives recruiting. We can't allow others " to catch up" or surpass in facilities investment. Investment and development have to be constant. Even with Covid mpacting budgets.
Call the TMF and tell them how much you're willing to kick in. That's the only way capital improvements are going to happen in the short term.
W
AG
Bretttrina said:

I think this post came from an alternate reality
rally-cap
AG
I've posted this before when this topic comes up periodically -

Quote:

Having gotten to work on several A&M Athletics architectural projects, there is a method to the madness. There is basically a list of hierarchy when it comes to what sports get money and when; you basically have to wait your turn. Blue Bell's renovation was completed in February 2012, so it will take some time for Baseball to move back to the top of the money list.

Think about other sports that have gotten upgrades since 2012 -

West Campus Player Development Center - 2014
Kyle Field Renovation - 2014-2015
Davis Diamond - 2018
E.B. Cushing Stadium - 2019
Davis Player Development Center Nutrition Center - 2019
Natatorium - 2020-2021
Indoor Tennis Facility (with possible Volleyball component) - In Design

So honestly, Basketball probably gets something before Baseball
But, there is work being done on the next baseball project, I just don't know exactly what stage of work it is currently in. But I'm sure Covid did not help the timeline or budget at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.