Baseball Jersey on eBay

2,818 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wareagle044
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Home Aggies pullover jersey

Thought some might be interested in this. Saw it on eBay. Great price given they would retail between $150-200. I bought one, heads up that it's a "slim" fit, ie not baggie, on my 6'2" frame with my 44" chest but looks great overall (hope that helps if you are interested in size). Cool part is it has all the patches like SEC and American flag. Would love a maroon one too. But oh well. Since these never went to retail, figured I would give you guys a heads up on it. The seller is listed as being at Mississippi State, which is interesting as they are an adidas school too and wonder if these somehow ended up there or just coincidence.
ensign_beedrill
AG
What a find! This is very curious indeed. I looked at his other listings, and it seems he has a few gray Texas A&M script jerseys as well!
link

ptothemo
AG
Given all the trouble with Adidas and jerseys the past few years, I would have thought that these would be worth their weight in gold.
wareagle044
Shipping from Mississippi State --- must be their equipment manager selling off the A&M jerseys mixed up with theirs
Capitol Ag
AG
wareagle044 said:

Shipping from Mississippi State --- must be their equipment manager selling off the A&M jerseys mixed up with theirs
That is what I wondered as well. I did notice that I bought the last white jersey and there was only 1 gray one left and I bought it. Suddenly there were 3 more of each, and he doesn't accept returns. So not sure if he has a bunch and is just putting out a small amount at a time or what. Not a bad strategy. A lot of times distributors get things like this as samples from the suppliers. But it does say Mississippi State as the location specifically.
Tom in College Station
Wasn't #19 Jim Lawler? Maybe he is selling his old jerseys.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I realize this is a joke, but the 19 probably stands for 2019. They do that with the samples they put up for show. I'm thinking they probably were samples (though why so many?). He's also got a Louisville (Adidas) basketball jersey up for sale.
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I realize this is a joke, but the 19 probably stands for 2019. They do that with the samples they put up for show. I'm thinking they probably were samples (though why so many?). He's also got a Louisville (Adidas) basketball jersey up for sale.
That is exactly what the numbers are. Those jerseys were first introduced for the 2019 season. And the reps can get a lot of samples so it isn't that unusual. The guy messaged me back and said that he got these from his friend who is a distributor and said that he noticed an unusual amount of purchases yesterday morning and thanked me for putting them up on Texags. I asked if he might be able to get a maroon one too, and he said that the white and gray were the only ones his friend got from adidas.
Aggieangler93
AG
Someone has a ton of neat Aggie baseball gear on ebay right now, including a Hoff ball. I would have guessed he would have inscribed it with some curse words!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOLAN-HOFFMAN-TEXAS-A-M-AGGIES-SIGNED-RAWLINGS-ROLB1-BASEBALL-W-COA/382495721934?hash=item590e8589ce:g:6J0AAOSwgcVbKMhH

I have often thought of starting a media guide collection. There are many out there presently.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Capitol Ag said:

ensign_beedrill said:

That is exactly what the numbers are. Those jerseys were first introduced for the 2019 season. And the reps can get a lot of samples so it isn't that unusual. The guy messaged me back and said that he got these from his friend who is a distributor and said that he noticed an unusual amount of purchases yesterday morning and thanked me for putting them up on Texags. I asked if he might be able to get a maroon one too, and he said that the white and gray were the only ones his friend got from adidas.
"an unusual amount of purchases yesterday morning"

Ha! He oughtta' get you a finder's fee!
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Capitol Ag said:

ensign_beedrill said:

"an unusual amount of purchases yesterday morning"

Ha! He oughtta' get you a finder's fee!
Right? He seems like a good guy and both jerseys have arrived to McKinney fast. I'm just glad I had the chance to get these jerseys and relatively cheap.
rally-cap
AG
Just purchased a white one! I have no clue if it will fit, but I think its going to get framed even if it does fit. This is by far my favorite jersey we have worn, so I'm pumped to get one!
AggieFrog
AG
rally-cap said:

Just purchased a white one! I have no clue if it will fit, but I think its going to get framed even if it does fit. This is by far my favorite jersey we have worn, so I'm pumped to get one!
I received my white one this afternoon. I'm 5' 11" / 195 and it's just about right. Would not want it any smaller, but seems to fit well.
Eliminatus
AG
All gone again. Hope he has some more.

Op, that seller owes ya a case of beer at the least!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Haha, it looks like he raised the price on them, too. He definitely owes ya' something.

Mine came in on Saturday. I'm really happy with it! I thought it was going to be a little big because these jerseys are always made for big, tall baseball players, but it's just about perfect!
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Haha, it looks like he raised the price on them, too. He definitely owes ya' something.

Mine came in on Saturday. I'm really happy with it! I thought it was going to be a little big because these jerseys are always made for big, tall baseball players, but it's just about perfect!
Ya, I noticed it go up to $125. But he sold them, so more power to him. Supply and demand 101. Love the jerseys. Fit great and can't wait for a live A&M sporting event that I can actually attend to be able to wear them.
rally-cap
AG
Can't wait to get this thing framed!

wareagle044
rally-cap said:

Can't wait to get this thing framed!

Send it to Laura at Laura's Custom Framing in B/CS - she's awesome

https://www.laurascustomframing.com/

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.