Happy Opening Day!

1,456 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
Jorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I made this video in honor of the 267 days we have had to wait since the last MLB game!
BLM
jja79
AG
Kneeling cowards.
Jorf
AG
Who?
BLM
jkag89
A handful of players are taking a knee during the anthem so the entire league gets blackballed by the snowflakes of F16.
jja79
AG
They have every right to kneel and fans have every right to object. MLB is putting BLM on opening day mounds. I find it objectionable.
jkag89
I also find BLM on the mound objectionable. The shrill and cry over a few players taking a knee is just an overreaction IMO. Hate to give any credit damn Yankees but they handled it well, taking a knee before anthem and then standing in unison for it.
jja79
AG
How would your employer feel if its employees did something on the job that alienated some of their customers?

If they believe in a cause, and most of them don't, they have ample time to take up the cause on their own time.

twk
AG
jja79 said:

Kneeling cowards.
If you didn't watch last night, the Nats and Yankees did not kneel during the anthem. They all took a knee before, during some ceremony that I wasn't paying a lot of attention to, but when it came time for the anthem, everyone stood respectfully. That's the right balance to strike. I can take a little virtue signalling, as long as it is served with the proper respect for the anthem.
Jorf
AG
I missed that. I was playing golf cause the 2017 and 2020 Champs don't start until tonight.
BLM
jja79
AG
I didn't watch and don't have any intention of watching. Sports is an escape from politics. Or it was. MLB took a political stand by displaying the emblem of a very divisive organization in BLM.

I've been going to Astros games for 56 years so I think I qualify as a fan. I've found other things to do and honestly didn't know they were starting back up this week. When I saw the thread I didn't know what it was about so I opened it.

If you guys enjoy it then by all means enjoy it. The golf course, pool and fishing have kept me busy and do provide an escape.
Jorf
AG
You must be an anomaly because the golf course has not been well to me lol
BLM
ptothemo
AG
1) The fact that we didn't even get one comment about the video prior to the political derailment is rather impressive. We can.not.have.anything. that is not political anymore. (I fully respect and appreciate anyone's desire to not watch MLB because they are taking a stance here. This is just my personal commentary rooted in not being able to get on a baseball board, open a thread about MLB Opening Day, and that be it.)

2) You put TI in any video, and I am automatically a fan. Thanks for posting, OP!
Krazykat
AG
Screw MLB.
trouble
AG
Isn't there an mlb board for this?
Jorf
AG
Thanks! I remember getting into him because SporsCenter used to use his stuff for promos all the time as a kid lol
BLM
BmtAg96
AG
How do you feel about the piped in crowd noise?
Jorf
AG
It seems super awkward
BLM
greg.w.h
AG
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/fans/doppel-rangers-cutouts
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.