Brooks Raley is back in the big leagues!

2,037 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Big Shooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG

Brooks Raley will begin the shortened 2020 season with the Cincinnati Reds, the club announced today. Raley has not pitched in the MLB since 2013 when he was with the Chicago Cubs.

2020 is his first year back in the states since 2014 when he was a farmhand in the Angels/Twins system. He spent the last five season pitching with the Lotte Giants of the KBO.

Congrats on the "call" and Gig 'Em, Brooks!
Ag 11
AG
Heck yeah
histag10
AG
Glad to see he made it back to the states
Ag 11
AG
Now he's back in Texas. Just got traded to the Astros
ensign_beedrill
AG
Very cool. Was one of my favorites when I was in school. It seemed he could do anything.
W
AG
successful debut last night.

faced 1 batter and got him out
Tom in College Station
Solid 1.2 innings tonight from Brooks!
Mr.Ackar07
https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/zack-greinke-calls-out-signs-in-win-vs-giants

Quote:

The mound took center stage again at the end of the seventh when reliever Josh James ran all the way from the bullpen to pitch to start the eighth, only to find out he couldn't. That's because Brooks Raley, who got the last two outs in the seventh, had already tried to come back out of the dugout and ran onto the field, which meant he had to face at least one hitter.

Raley, acquired Sunday in a trade from the Reds, wound up pitching a 1-2-3 eighth and retiring all five batters he faced on the night. Baker said he gave Raley "knuckles" in the dugout after the seventh, but Raley didn't know that meant he was done for the day.

"He doesn't know me," Baker said. "Next thing I know I look out there and he was the first one on the field and I said, 'Oh man, you're done.' The umpire came out and said he had to face one batter since he crossed the line. ... It worked out great because he closed out the eighth very well."
Raley thought Baker was giving him congratulatory knuckles.

"That meant something else," he said. "Having been here a couple of days, I know now knuckles means 'Have a seat.'"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.