Several minor league stadiums are going to have TCL teams this summer

3,781 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 96ags
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Round Rock Hairymen

Round Rock, Frisco, and San Antonio are all going to have Texas Collegiate League teams.

College baseball with minor league marketing teams could prove to be quite interesting.
wadd96
AG
Got a friend hosting a kid from Elgin this year...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
96ags
AG
I think this is a win/win for both the players who are getting some ball in and the minor league clubs that can generate a little excitement!

HTownAg98
I live a long par 5 from Dell Diamond. We will be going to as many games as we can. Damn the heat, I want some live sports.
Capitol Ag
AG
Plan on hitting a few games at the Dr. Pepper Park in Frisco.
MR Gadsden
How did Amarillo get two teams, Tulsa (not in Texas!) Get a team but Midland didn't one?!?

Frickin Victoria???
96ags
AG
Victoria has always been in the TCL. I believe it was up to the minor league teams To participate and put together the teams.
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm looking forward to this coming to RR this summer. We started 16u select baseball tournaments 2 weeks ago, and I am super happy to be watching baseball again.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
96ags
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I'm looking forward to this coming to RR this summer. We started 16u select baseball tournaments 2 weeks ago, and I am super happy to be watching baseball again.
Ordered my season tickets last week. Sounds like ticket sales are actually going pretty good.
ClassOf17
Any Aggies playing?
96ags
AG
Bombers have several Aggies I believe.

Round Rock Roster
wadd96
AG
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
clendenin
AG
BV Bombers Add Four Aggies

INF Logan Sartori, RHP Bryce Miller, INF Austin Bost, C Taylor Smith

San Antonio Flying Chanclas

OF Jordan Thompson
Aggies2009
AG
Sartori played for them last year. Was a strong batter and good shortstop.
ptothemo
AG
clendenin said:

San Antonio Flying Chanclas
What. A. Name.

I had to google what a Chancla is. A flip-flop makes zero sense for the name of a baseball team, and I love it. They just got some of my money through a t-shirt order.
bbry81
The San Antonio minor league team went by that name for a month or so a couple seasons ago during one of those cultural appreciation things. The merchandise all sold out in less than a day.
AggieFrog
AG
Frisco cancelled their opening weekend series. Have tickets for tomorrow and didn't know until I just happened to check their site. No communication to ticket holders.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't know if the other teams are using the names, but it was from the Copa de Diversion deal they do every year. The Hooks become the Raspas (which is like a sno cone) and the Express become the Chupacabras. Teams do it all over the country. The Flying Chanclas is my favorite though.

Edited to include video for actual flying chancla.
ptothemo
AG
Yeah, I vaguely knew of the Copa de Diversion, but I just never really connected the dots. I did some more looking after my last post and connected those dots more. The names, logos, execution, etc. is part of what makes minor league baseball unique, and I am happy that some of that is continuing this summer.
AggieFrog
AG
FYI - no fans will be allowed in Frisco for any games this summer.
96ags
AG
Complete overreaction in Frisco in my opinion. Only people that had it there were back office folks.

I've attended 8 of these games in 3 different venues so far and they are doing a fantastic job.

Masks when coming in/out and moving around the stadium. Seating is spread out. I'd encourage anyone who enjoys baseball to get out to one of the games.

Been some quality baseball as well!
AggieFrog
AG
Agreed - have three sons and we were all pretty excited to see some baseball again (the Frisco Classic from late February feels like years ago at this point). Assuming they keep playing/allowing fans, we hope to be able to catch a game in Round Rock later this month.
trouble
AG
I'm highly amused that you had to look it up
ag2dabone
They still have the option to purchase tickets on the Riders website and no new info??????
96ags
AG
Bombers added Bryce Blaum this past week.

Really a pretty high level of baseball being played in the TCL this year. Games have been a lot of fun to attend.
Psychag
AG
My son plays for Tulsa Drillers. Great coaching staff as my son has learned a great deal. Beautiful ballpark and the community has adopted this team with great enthusiasm.
96ags
AG
AggieFrog
AG
Already have 5 tickets for that Tuesday game. Driving down from Fort Worth with the family.
96ags
AG
AggieFrog said:

Already have 5 tickets for that Tuesday game. Driving down from Fort Worth with the family.
I'll buy you a beer!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.