21 years ago today

2,198 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
Aggie12B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In between games 3&4 at the 1999 College Station Regional tournament, my wife and I got married. We watched the losers' bracket game, went back to our apartment, showered, my wife put her dress on and I put my Army Class A's on, and then we went to the JP's office and got married. After the ceremony, we went back to our apartment, changed clothes again and drove back to Olsen to watch the Ags play in the winner's bracket game.

I was fresh out of Army AIT and had all of 1 ribbon on my Class A's. At the time, we didn't tell any of our buddies in section 104, because we didn't want them to possibly miss the Aggie game that evening. A couple of people asked us where we went between games and when we finally said we went and got married, nobody believed us.
LOYAL AG
AG
Fantastic stuff, JC! Miss those days in 104. Olsen isn't the same without you and KMan, John and Tracy, etc. We had a good group back then.

Please tell Casey we said Happy Anniversary!

Edit: BTW if you did it today you could have possibly gotten Rick Hill to do your wedding. Wouldn't that have been fantastic!
Aggie12B
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Fantastic stuff, JC! Miss those days in 104. Olsen isn't the same without you and KMan, John and Tracy, etc. We had a good group back then.

Thanks Jason. I'll relay your message to Casey. I miss the old days at Olsen in section 104. We did have a great group of people back in the day.
mwm
Great story, 12B. Thanks for sharing.
trouble
AG
Happy anniversary!
Hop
Staff
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Edit: BTW if you did it today you could have possibly gotten Rick Hill to do your wedding. Wouldn't that have been fantastic!

Your current baseball group reads this and says "What the hell..."
LOYAL AG
AG
Hop said:

LOYAL AG said:

Your current baseball group reads this and says "What the hell..."
LOL. Walked right into that one!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Awesome story!
Capitol Ag
AG
This is how it's done. Got to marry the one you love. Check. Got to enjoy doing something that day the 2 of you love to do. Check. Got to be with the ones you love on your special day. Check.

For anyone taking notes, that's a perfect wedding. And none of their friends had to miss sports!

This from a guy that has shown up to the reception of a friends fall wedding after I had attended the Aggie game that day. In my polo and shorts. BOOM! Priorities baby.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I ran to a wedding in Tomball after an Aggie basketball game once. I just made it. I did change in the car, though, to be presentable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.