COVID Related Baseball Cuts

7,694 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When there are football games with payouts, does the payout go directly to the school or does it go to the conference for disbursement to all schools in the conference? My assumption would be directly to the school, but I also recognize that it could be more like bowls and could maybe vary by conference too. Quick google didn't turn much up for me.
BQ_90
AG
Schools get the rake of the gate, concessions etc. the tv contracts are distributed by the conference. I'm talking home games
Luke The Drifter
AG
ptothemo said:

When there are football games with payouts, does the payout go directly to the school or does it go to the conference for disbursement to all schools in the conference? My assumption would be directly to the school, but I also recognize that it could be more like bowls and could maybe vary by conference too. Quick google didn't turn much up for me.

I'm assuming you're talking about Lamar vs. Texas A&M type games with payouts. In those cases, it goes directly to the school. If a FCS school like Lamar, Sam Houston, SFA, or whomever wants to play all big boys in the non-conference to make a bunch of cash, they can do so. Most only play one a year, but some will play two. Anyway, that individual school decides on their scheduling and they get to keep the money.

I believe lower tier FBS schools (Texas State, UTSA, schools from the MAC, etc.) have the same policies/regulations, but I cannot say for sure.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
ptothemo
AG
Yep, the Lamar vs Texas A&M type games is exactly what I was asking about. I should have been more clear there, but thank you for the response.
96ags
AG
Add Angelina to the list.
Tex100
AG
96ags said:

Add Angelina to the list.
Jr College? Where do you see that?
96ags
AG
Tex100
AG
Too bad. We know a couple of kids who were freshmen on last year's team. Lost two years.
96ags
AG
Tex100 said:

Too bad. We know a couple of kids who were freshmen on last year's team. Lost two years.
Sad thing is, they won't be able to just turn it back on in '21-'22. The transfer portal is just stupid right now.
Tex100
AG
Yeah, I think every program can find whatever they are missing in the portal. If baseball is played this spring it should be a high level of play.
Mr.Ackar07
96ags said:

Wonder where Michael Barash goes from here? Sounds like he might be out of an assistant coach position, and, according to the 2016 chat that Texags had, one of the other 2016 player's younger brother had just committed there.
agswin1988
AG
one of the kids on my sons team said that they had cancelled for the fall season only right now but that the head coach resigned because he was not part of any of the discussions on all of it. The administration decided last friday and didnt tell the coach until monday and he had a zoom meeting with all of the kids he could to notify them of everything going on.

I asked him if Barash would take over and he said he did not know.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Iowa cuts 4 sports, but spares baseball...for now.

Iowa Athletics Cuts

Men's gymnastics
Men's swimming & diving
Women's swimming & diving
Men's tennis
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.