Any Ags currently playing in Korea?

3,184 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SenorAG
Agsncws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we've recently had a pitcher or two over there (Martin?). It's opening day-ish, on ESPN, and I need a rooting interest other than a mascot or team colors.
agsalaska
agsalaska
AG
I do no know of any Aggies playing in Korea, but the fact that it is going to be on TV and carried live by ESPN is absolutely 100% totally awesome.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Brooks Raley played for Lotte through last season, but it looks like he was with the Reds in some capacity for 2020.
ptothemo
AG
1) All of the people who don't like bat flips might want to not watch the KBO.

2) After some "research" this afternoon, I have decided that the KT Wiz is my team. I really don't have any good reason for this, but they are my all-time favorite KBO baseball team since a couple of hours ago.

3) I am pumped about live sports being back in some way and even more excited that it's baseball.
agsalaska
AG
My 8 yearl old son said we are going for the Bears. I have no idea why other than his sister was born in Alaska and he likes Bears, but not the Chicage Bears.

Oh well. Go Bears!!!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
Go whiz on a tree. Stupid Whiz fans.

Is that good. Is that how we talk smack to whiz fans?
ptothemo
AG
agsalaska said:

Go whiz on a tree. Stupid Whiz fans.

Is that good. Is that how we talk smack to whiz fans?

Not really sure. Ask me again tomorrow when the Wiz have been my all-time favorite team for at least 24 hours. Don't call it bandwagon, at least I'm not a Bears fan.

(Meant to put the smiley emoji but I guess the surprise kinda works too)
agsalaska
AG
Three more hours til opening day. And opening pitch!!!!
TempleAg97
AG
Never in my life would I have dreamed I'd be watching Korean baseball at 1am, but my son (whose supposed to be on the A&M campus finishing finals) and I are absolutely loving it!
Mr.Ackar07
Martin is playing in Japan. Like Lance said, Raley was playing for KBO until the start of this season; made pretty decent money there according to the KBO website.
agsalaska
AG
Watched the first inning and a half. I thought the rain delay was perfect timing for all of this. Did anyone catch the A&M reference?

I think ita going to be good baseball. I recorded it and plan on recording ever game and watching them with my son.

My boy is 8 and his normal routine is to come home from school or whatever he is doing and turn on MLB Network. He is jonesing for some baseball.
ptothemo
AG
Yeah, I caught the A&M reference! It is really cool that of all things that Perez chose to draw similarities to, he chose A&M and the 12th Man.

I watched the first few innings this morning (recorded) before work kicked into gear. It was definitely different, but baseball is baseball, especially right now. Being able to watch a game that matters right now just feels different.
agsalaska
AG
It looked to me like it was more 80s MLB ball. Which is great. I'd much rather watch the 80s Cardinals than anyone from 2019.
agsalaska
AG
Watched all 9 innings today.

Gonna get to see the Bears for the first time on Wednesday.

Stupid Whiz. They cant even get on television. Ha.
SenorAG
AG
You poor souls it's all about the NC Dinos. We are going to Godzilla this league it's our year.
ptothemo
AG
Did you happen to see the score of the game this morning? Just curious really. You know, just checking to see if you saw what happened when the Wiz opened up a pivotal early season series with the Bears. Maybe check it out.
ptothemo
AG
Also, talking trash about KBO baseball is about the last thing that I expected to be doing at any point. 2020, what a time to be alive.
SenorAG
AG

Do you even lift Bro!!!!
agsalaska
AG
We should have a 24 hour rule on posting scores of games.

Also, I have watched three so far. I will watch today's game this evening with my son. It has been really entertaining so far.
twk
AG
You ever get some music going through your brain and can't stop it? After reading this thread, I've got the "This Week in Baseball" theme music playing on a continuous loop. I need some live baseball at a hour that I can watch.
Aggieangler93
AG
So we have to watch these live at 1AM? Is there any other way to catch em?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
agsalaska
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I thought they were replaying them in the afternoon on ESPN2. Can you record them? Thats what I do.
wareagle044
ptothemo said:

Also, talking trash about KBO baseball is about the last thing that I expected to be doing at any point. 2020, what a time to be alive.

I've been to several KBO games and it's like watching a league with talent level somewhere between high school and NCAA with some former MLB players mixed in between.

Seen Luke Scott / Brooks Raley / Philip Humber and probably a few others but that's who I remember off the top of my head
agsalaska
AG
After watching 5 games this week, it seems to me that there is a large disparity in skills between the players on the team(if that makes any sense). The best players are probably 40 man roster type players but the worst players wouldnt get thru A ball. I think if you just picked a team up and thru them in a league over here, they would probably compete well in AA.

They are very athletic, much like their little league teams. And they dont play the HR/SO/BB game that has infested MLB. They make a lot of contact. But the pitching seems real suspect.

It is entertaining baseball, though until Saturday we really didn't have a good game on TV. Saturday's game saved the week for me. I am very thankful they are playing!!
Agsncws
AG
agsalaska said:

Aggieangler93 said:

I thought they were replaying them in the afternoon on ESPN2. Can you record them? Thats what I do.
You can often find them available on replay of the WatchESPN app.
Foxo
AG
I was delivering circulars for a small town grocery store in 1951. I was 12 and making less than 25 cents per hour and I knew nothing about major league baseball. The boy that I was working with was a Brooklyn Dodger fan so I decided to be a New York Giant fan and became a huge fan after Thomson hit the home run heard round the world to break the tie with the Dodgers.
SenorAG
AG
I don't know about you guys but my Dino's are dominating
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.