Sad baseball weekend

4,246 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by twk
missyaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We were supposed to be attending the Georgia baseball series this weekend, my first home baseball games since graduation in 1984 (we try to catch an away series every year near us). Combined with not getting to visit my family as planned, I am going to be a sad puppy this weekend.

However, we are all healthy, have food to eat, the sun is shining here, and God is still in control.

I miss baseball!
BQ_90
AG
Well it would have been interesting weather wise. I doubt the game would have been played last night with the lightning in the area. Today is cold and wet.
Capitol Ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

Well it would have been interesting weather wise. I doubt the game would have been played last night with the lightning in the area. Today is cold and wet.
Cold and wet IS Aggie Baseball weather! Why not play 2!
BQ_90
AG
Capitol Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

It's rained off and all all day. They may have played but,the stands would have been empty
ensign_beedrill
AG
BQ_90 said:

Capitol Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

It's rained off and all all day. They may have played but,the stands would have been empty
I would have been there.
Wildcat
AG
Worked all day in the yard, grabbed a hot shower and was looking forward to a cold one. Feelin pretty good.

Then I opened the drawer and saw my A&M baseball t-shirt. I put it on and felt a legit sense of loss.
Aegrescit medendo
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Sorry MissyAggie! Hope all your family - especially your brother in NC - are all doing well.
Aggie
AG
Would of been a cold day at Olsen yesterday.
Would not of played Friday evening... too much lightning.
Rain yesterday off on most of the day but pockets of light rain so would of been able to get at least a game in but would of likely had delays. Would of been tough to get all 3 in this weekend.

Sad this is what the season is reduced to .. sitting around making guessing if if cancelled games would be played or not due to weather ha
TexAgs1992
I looked at the weather next weekend for the Arkansas series. My girlfriend attended Arkansas and we had a whole Easter weekend planned where my two best friends and my parents were all going to attend the series in Fayetteville and come visit her. I was supposed to be getting baptized as well at Cross Church. I know I am in a VERY good position and grateful for what all I have but man it sucks thinking how much joy there would have been next weekend. I had been looking forward to this for five months.
twk
AG
I was going to miss the Georiga series because my Rotary club had its big annual fundraiser, a sporting clay shoot, planned for Saturday. Oh well, looking on the bright side, the weather would have been horrible for a clay shoot (40s, wet and windy).
aggiedaddie
missyaggie said:

We were supposed to be attending the Georgia baseball series this weekend, my first home baseball games since graduation in 1984 (we try to catch an away series every year near us). Combined with not getting to visit my family as planned, I am going to be a sad puppy this weekend.

However, we are all healthy, have food to eat, the sun is shining here, and God is still in control.

I miss baseball!
Feel for you. I was looking forward to that one too.

I was half way to Auburn when I got the news from my Auburn buddy I was meeting there. We still had a good time, of course, but that was a big hole in the plans. Both Stubhub (spit!) and the marriott were pretty good about refunds.

I'm kinda shocked that I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. A baseball weekend doesn't leave much room for anything else. I'm doing more things with friends and family. Also, the ags were stinkin' it up. The Frisco weekend was particularly a kick in the pants. I was expecting Auburn to tear us a new one, but it is such a pleasant place to see baseball that it would have been ok if they had. Plus my Auburn buddy would have something to cheer about. One of us was going to be happier. As it turned out, nobody got whupped.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains, and sometimes the rona apocalypse sneaks up on you and steals all the TP.
MR Gadsden

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains, and sometimes the rona apocalypse sneaks up on you and steals all the TP"

I may make this my signature, giving proper credit of course.
greg.w.h
AG
The first year that "wait until next year" is uplifting to my spirit!!!
Artimus Gordon
Who were we supposed to play this weekend? I stopped keeping up!

At least we can look on the bright side! No stupid base running mistakes, no poor fundamentals (at bat or in the field), no sending a player in from third when he had NO chance of making it, no GIPD's at critical points in the game and no Childressssssssss player management boneheads!
src94
AG
We were scheduled to beat the hell outta Miss St. this weekend.
src94
ensign_beedrill
AG
We were supposed to play Mississippi State and I was going to make the trip to Starkville.
twk
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

We were supposed to play Mississippi State and I was going to make the trip to Starkville.
Ditto. Rebooked the trip for football season, so I sure hope we play as scheduled.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.