1993 Baseball Season

4,357 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dabo man
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
My wife and I are cleaning and painting in our house and I came across a VHS of the 1993 Baseball season. I have no interest in converting this to a DVD so if anybody wants it, you can have it free. I live in Gleannloch Farms off Spring Cypress and Champion Forest. Respond and I'll drop it off or we can meet somewhere.

AA
SchizoAg
AG
It's a VHS recording of the entire season? How many tapes is that?
HtownAg94
AG
I am very tempted!

I think I made almost every home game that year and several road games...

I now live in Cypress... unless we get locked down...
Aggie
AG
SchizoAg said:

It's a VHS recording of the entire season? How many tapes is that?

A&M made a season highlight video named " From Olsen to Omaha".. I'm betting that's it
94chem
The best team in school history, and the last team to win a game in Omaha.
LOYAL AG
AG
monarch said:

My wife and I are cleaning and painting in our house and I came across a VHS of the 1993 Baseball season. I have no interest in converting this to a DVD so if anybody wants it, you can have it free. I live in Gleannloch Farms off Spring Cypress and Champion Forest. Respond and I'll drop it off or we can meet somewhere.

AA
If you dare wade into the politics board Tanya 93's husband has in the past converted VHS baseball games to YouTube video. They live in Missouri but maybe he'd be willing to spring a few bucks to mail it up there.
txag10
AG
1993 Texas Aggie Baseball: From Olsen to Omaha:
agforlife97
AG
94chem said:

The best team in school history, and the last team to win a game in Omaha.
Definitely our best team. The loss to LSU in the second game of Omaha to me hurts even worse than 1989. We had the best team in the country that year IMO.
wlc61
AG
This video reminds me how much fun college baseball really is.
wlc61
Hop
Staff
AG
txag10 said:

1993 Texas Aggie Baseball: From Olsen to Omaha:

txag10,

That's a great VHS copy. I wonder who gave that to you?
Sterling82
The Aggie crowds were stellar.
Aggie
AG
Watching all these videos from 1989 and 1993 really make me miss the crowds outside the stadium.
In late 80's to early 90's crowds gathered on the tracks in RF. No way in hell that would fly today... some dude hopped on an train and got stuck and they shut it down after that.

In the late 90's to early 2000's it shifted to left field and Aggie Alley. And it made Olsen the best atmosphere in college baseball. There was a dumpster fire out there one weekend and A&M changed their policy but we had a chance to create something similar to Mississippi state leftfield lounge and we missed the opportunity.
During the 98 and 99 seasons the crowds in Aggie alley were really something. Unbelievable atmosphere for big weekends those years.
The berms .. add absolutely nothing
HarveyBirdman
AG
I used to watch that VHS ALL. THE. TIME. when I was a kid. (I was 10 in '93). I would watch that and get pumped up for Little League games haha. This video and that team are what made me fall in love with Aggie Baseball as a kid

I still get chills when I hear Boston's "We're Ready"
Mooreags
AG
Great video, great team. Fun to be a part of it.
Whoever said winning isn't everything, never won anything.
tjack16
AG
We have that video... but still can't watch postseason highlights from 2017 of the Houston Regional (besides the final) or the Davidson Series, or highlights from the 2015 and 2016 regionals
W
AG
another indicator of the greatness of the 1993 team...the final scores of the regional.

A&M won its 4 games: 13-1, 10-5, 11-4, and 14-2.

there were some tense moments in the middle innings of the UCLA game, but otherwise the Ags mowed thru their competition.

that was been a rarity for aggie baseball teams in the postseason
dabo man
AG
I also loved the crowds in the Olsen parking lot before the gates opened. Was always a social gathering of regulars waiting for 2 hours before 1st pitch (90 minutes non-conference).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.