Ticket Refund?

8,388 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bufrilla
Mike88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season ticket holders getting a refund due to cancellations?
ContinentalAg
Maybe a credit towards next year's season tickets?
ensign_beedrill
AG
I'm going to give them a little while to figure it out, since this just happened. But if they don't release anything about it eventually I'll give 'em a call.
KaneIsAble
AG
With half the season still slated, and the only half actually against competitive teams, it'll be hard for them to ignore this.

With that being said, I bet it's a "sorry about your bad" conversation with no recourse.
ratfacemcdougal
donation to the 12th man foundation
BQ_90
AG
they're gonna offer up one of those ugly ass jerseys as a refund.

That and a levy gift card.
wareagle044
wonder if StubHub is going to be issuing a ton of refunds...one industry i've worked in before that i'm glad i am not in
Charlie Moran
AG
Remember the Oregon State BB cancellation? 12thMF issued you GA tickets to the midweek Arkansas game as compensation for your lost game. When contacted about a refund I was told it " wasn't possible ". When I pointed out a GA seat to a midweek game wasn't exactly equivalent not to mention parking or contribution expenses , I was then told since BB was a non revenue generating sport no other compensation alternative would be available.

Prepare your backside. You aren't going to be refunded or equivalently compensated
aggiepaintrain
AG
Charlie Moran said:

Remember the Oregon State BB cancellation? 12thMF issued you GA tickets to the midweek Arkansas game as compensation for your lost game. When contacted about a refund I was told it " wasn't possible ". When I pointed out a GA seat to a midweek game wasn't exactly equivalent not to mention parking or contribution expenses , I was then told since BB was a non revenue generating sport no other compensation alternative would be available.

Prepare your backside. You aren't going to be refunded or equivalently compensated

Other SEC teams are giving pro-rated refunds.
FJB
ensign_beedrill
AG
That's normal operating procedure for most teams.

This situation is a little bit different, though.
Bondag
AG
wareagle044 said:

wonder if StubHub is going to be issuing a ton of refunds...one industry i've worked in before that i'm glad i am not in

I think they are giving back cash or 120% in gift cards.
wareagle044
Bondag said:

wareagle044 said:

I think they are giving back cash or 120% in gift cards.

Buyers get a 120% refund. Sellers are being charged the cost of their sell.
Leander - Ag
AG
Yep. They charged my card over night. 12thman needs to follow with a credit on cancelled games.
Aggie
AG
I had Houston Rodeo tickets thru Stubhub and received an initial email saying would get refunded.. either full cash or 120% in Stubhub giftcards. Email basically said " let us get all this straightened out and we will be in touch... have not heard back yet.

Season ticket holder for A&M and have not heard a peep out of them yet.
No way they wont offer a prorated refund. I'm thinking they are just waiting to see what actually pans out before sending refunds.
aggiepaintrain
AG
there's still a slight chance we play some games
FJB
annie88
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

God I hope so. Getting some conflicting information.
wareagle044
aggiepaintrain said:

Coming from where ?
Sq 17
probably the people who dont want to process your refund.
Speaking of refunds
we need a gif of the dad in "Breaking Away"
aggiepaintrain
AG
common sense
listen to the Bjork interview
FJB
jkag89
Sq 17 said:

probably the people who dont want to process your refund.
Speaking of refunds
we need a gif of the dad in "Breaking Away"
annie88
AG
BQ_90 said:

Convert the remainder to priority points.
wareagle044
aggiepaintrain said:

common sense
listen to the Bjork interview

Bjork interview from what day. Students aren't on campus for the rest of the semester and practices are suspended as are voluntary workouts at the facilities. They aren't going to restart the season unless it's on an exhibition basis. You can't bring cold athletes back after 3 weeks and expect them to compete at 100%

Common sense says the season was finished the moment the team didn't get on the bus to Auburn
BQ_90
AG
annie88 said:

BQ_90 said:

Convert the remainder to priority points.
I'd take credit to next years tickets, isn't the PP ratio 1 pt per $100 donation? So 4 pts max, I'll take a credit.

I'm expecting nothing
OnlyForNow
AG
Add to the fact that the SEC championship for baseball is canceled and the CWS is also canceled.

Even if they were to have some games it'd be pointless and dumb.
aggiepaintrain
AG
ya it's done; so when will we hear from the 12thman foundation?

They need to let us know about baseball refunds and what will be the protocol should football season be affected, some of us have real money at stake
FJB
12th Man Ag
AG
A pro-rated credit for next year will be the best for most, but if you weren't going to renew your tickets you should get a pro-rated credit.
W
AG
so 14 home games were played. And the TMF will probably count the Abilene Christian game as a 15th home game played.

21 future home games were cancelled. So that should be about a 58% refund of each season ticket.

will probably not refund any of the $15 per ticket fee
W
AG
one small note...credits to next year's season tickets...make it easier for the TMF to slip in a price increase. You'll feel like you're paying less at renewal time.

that's an old business trick
wareagle044
We get to keep our priority points for this year, I would hope.
annie88
AG
wareagle044 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Coming from where ?

Just this evening I got a email from the 12th man saying this. Very strangely conflicting information.

The past week has been unprecedented in the history of collegiate athletics and has presented unique challenges as our nation and local community confront the extraordinary health concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Throughout this time of uncertainty, the 12th Man Foundation staff remains committed to providing exemplary service to donors and ticket buyers. We ask for your patience and understanding as our staff temporarily transitions day-to-day operations to a virtual work environment.

While we will not be able to accommodate in-person office visits for a period of time, our staff is ready to serve donors and will resume other service operations on Wednesday, March 18. Additionally, our staff can be reached at any time by emailing customersupport@12thmanfoundation.com.

All athletics activities, including competitions, for member schools have been suspended by the Southeastern Conference through April 15.

In partnership with Texas A&M Athletics, information on refunds for tickets purchased directly through the 12th Man Foundation for events during this time will be released in the near future.

The health and well-being of our staff, donors and ticket buyers is our top priority while we work through the impact of this ongoing situation. We will communicate information regarding upcoming 12th Man Foundation events and services at the appropriate time as updates and details become clearer.

We are thankful for your generous support of Texas A&M Athletics and our student-athletes through the 12th Man Foundation and hope that you and your family are safe during this time.
wareagle044
I took that to mean that practices (spring football) could begin
Leander - Ag
AG
Official. SEC season is cancelled.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Bondag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

cancelling hotels...
Bondag
AG
Update the calendar.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.