A win is a win

3,828 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
Sananag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will take the win today against Army but, we're not going to win too many S.E.C. games when we give up 12 runs.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
We will if we score 14.
HoustonAg2106
AG
This is the first game that we have given up over 5 runs, calm down
MenOfKyle
AG
We have a tremendous weekend all around in athletics, but then again this is TexAgs so we must find something to whine about. Dang man we have looked solid as a pitching staff so far for the season just sit back and watch and enjoy the dang ride. After all you could be LSU and lose to Eastern Michigan
Agryan00
HoustonAg2106 said:

Only took Jozwiak 2 games before he blew up. Guy can never get past the 3rd.

Why do some guys get in RCs dog house never to surface again until the next level and other like Jozwiak keep getting rolled out no matter how consistent they are?

Good to see the offense alive again. Find out next week if they are for real against UCLA and OSU.
ordRV80
AG
I too don't get the Jozwiak love. He tried him as the 3rd starter last year and same result.

Surely we have better?
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
greg.w.h
AG
Sweeps are fun. Army did well on the second and third games. Glad to see them compete.

My take is sweeps repair scoring. The Sunday starter isn't the Friday or Saturday starter and winning better than .500 on Sunday is good. Our two sweeps plus midweek games were good warmups for a season that eventually gets to conference games that can be quite challenging. Glad for the sweeps now!
themissinglink
AG
I'm not too concerned about pitching. I'm confident Rob will figure out that.

Very encouraged by what we're doing at the plate. I still want to see it against better competition, but I'm confident it's better than last year (not that hard though).

Defense is concerning to me.
Bocephus
AG
Agryan00 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Only took Jozwiak 2 games before he blew up. Guy can never get past the 3rd.

Why do some guys get in RCs dog house never to surface again until the next level and other like Jozwiak keep getting rolled out no matter how consistent they are?

Good to see the offense alive again. Find out next week if they are for real against UCLA and OSU.

I imagine Joz shows really well in practice
Luke The Drifter
AG
Survive and advance. This ain't college football...you get no credit for winning with style. Wins and losses are all that matters. Period.

So, here's your road map for the rest of this season and beyond:

Wins = good

Losses = bad

Pretty simple stuff.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Sananag
Just sayin
Sananag
It wouldn't have been a win if it were a more quality opponent. No disrespect to Army.
Aggies2009
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

It wouldn't have been a win if it were a more quality opponent. No disrespect to Army.

But it wasn't a more quality opponent, so it was a win.
Bocephus
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Childress spends the first 10-20 games giving a look at everyone to see who can be counted on to contribute in conference play. Just be happy we get wins during this process. Oh btw, Army played in regionals the last two seasons.
EMY92
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

That's the thing with baseball, you never know how an opponent will play. They could swing a hot bat or have a pitcher that channels Don Lawson for a game.

We could have played a top 5 team yesterday and the results may have been the same.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Correct. Had we been playing the Yankees or Dodgers, we probably would have lost. But we weren't. We were playing Army, so we won...which is, literally, the only thing that matters.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.