***2020 Aggie Softball Season Thread***

45,819 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigBubbaAggie82
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There have been a few threads on softball on here, mainly focused on coaching. I thought it may be helpful to start a thread we can use to discuss the games during the 2020 season.

The Aggies are back on Davis Diamond tonight at 6 against McNeese. Available for streaming on SECN+.
Colt98
AG
Following
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yikes. Aggies lose 1-0 tonight to McNeese.

Next game is Friday at 3 against Lamar.
Rambotx
Some of our players need to shed some weight, improve their game conditioning/speed, and show more enthusiasm.
Marvin
AG
Worst team on campus, and it's not close. Coach Evans is tearing this program down far quicker than she built it.
CactusThomas
AG
In
mullokmotx
AG
Graham Hays of ESPN had a story listing the top 25 players in the country. We are scheduled to face 10 of them, 3 on Arizona, 3 on OU, 2 on UCLA, 1 on Mississippi State and 1 on Arkansas. 9 are from the PAC-12 and 6 are from the SEC.
Goro Majima
AG
If Jo loses another game this weekend, she should be fired immediately.

We're an SEC team. A game against a mid-major should be nothing less than a 5-inning run rule win.
sharpdressedman
Rambotx said:

Some of our players need to shed some weight, improve their game conditioning/speed, and show more enthusiasm.
I saw three SEC teams play yesterday, and the players on the six teams involved were, with minimal exceptions, in excellent physical condition and showed impressive speed and athleticism. Then, I watched our girls and the overall comparison was highly disappointing. How does this happen?
Wooahhhh
AG
that's about 3 times per thread now. don't ya'll get bored reading yourself over and over.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggies currently playing Lamar. A&M Up 7-0 after 4.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggies walk it off in the bottom of the 5th with a run rule win, 8-0.
usktrw02
Anyone know why Blake-Ann no longer plays? Replaced by Martinez, really????????
Gap
AG
Pitching was great again. That combined with no errors today against Lamar led to a shutout!
Belton Ag
AG
usktrw02 said:

Anyone know why Blake-Ann no longer plays? Replaced by Martinez, really????????
Blake-Ann has been replaced in the field by Herzog, actually. Not Martinez. For better or worse, the staff is going to want Herzog's bat in the lineup every time, so when Herzog is pitching, they're going to want the next best bat available which must be Martinez in Snider's eyes.

Rambotx
Good bounce back day for the Aggies with 2 wins! Let's keep it going tomorrow.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Ladies beat St. John's tonight, 4-0. Back on the field again tomorrow at 12:15 against Lamar and at 3 against Binghamton.
Goro Majima
AG
Alrighty then. There's hope after all.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Yeah I won't hold My breath , nether Lamar or St. John's has 1/4 The talent as our sec schedule we have.
Goro Majima
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

Yeah I won't hold My breath , nether Lamar or St. John's has 1/4 The talent as our sec schedule we have.
I was being half sarcastic.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
got you , I just Didn't want some one to accidentally drink Kool-Aid
Goro Majima
AG
My brother, there will be no kool aid from softball this year.

I still want Jo gone even after winning these last two.
Artimus Gordon
I watched the game online last night. I was concerned because of the negative reports I was seeing on the SB thread.

One thing I noticed was that the catcher, whoever that was, does not set a target with her glove. Is that just not done in softball.

*sorry mom that was harsh* Taken down!

We do have some talent this year Campbell looks good, Haley lee had a nice swing on the HR. Fortenberry is solid, Herzog is a nice addition. Didn't get to see Ackerman. M. Smith, whether that is Morgan or Meagan at the plate is going to be a player to contend with. Unfortunately some of the other girls look the same as last year.
Weak swings and couldn't get the ball out of the infield.

Right now it looks like a really tough year against SEC competition.

98Mom03
I am in on this thread if you report about the games and don't slander our girls. Have you ever come out and watch a practice. If not some of the comments on some threads have been SO unnecessary. Let's be positive if at all possible Whoop and Gig'em!!!
Class of 65
AG
Gonna be a long year with so many first pitches taken. Send the hitting coach back to Florida state!
TxA&Mhunter
AG
How can we be all Positive, Isn't that unrealistic? Why is it unfair to point out that the Shape or fitness of the girls looks to be very different compared to Florida or Alabama ?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
No one can just look at a player and determine how good a shape he or she is in !
Captn_Ag05
AG
Back and forth game today, but the Aggies pull it out 7-4 over Lamar.
Colt98
AG
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Sorry but, I can't You serious or Joking ?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggies run rule Binghamton in the 5th and win 10-2.
Rambotx
That's two more for the Win column. Let's keep the winning streak going tomorrow with another Win over St. Johns.
Belton Ag
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

How can we be all Positive, Isn't that unrealistic? Why is it unfair to point out that the Shape or fitness of the girls looks to be very different compared to Florida or Alabama ?

Alabama has as many or more chunky girls, and has for years, as we do on our roster.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Lol I'm not looking at chunkiness
And I certainly don't care how pretty they are!
I'm looking at shoulders arms and legs.... how much muscle you do you see and how much definition you see, how well they move regardless of size.
Belton Ag
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

Lol I'm not looking at chunkiness
And I certainly don't care how pretty they are!
I'm looking at shoulders arms and legs.... how much muscle you do you see and how much definition you see, how well they move regardless of size.

Who said anything about pretty?

Why even bring that up?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.