Opening Day Lineup?

2,256 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
Aggiehunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't see anything else on the first page about this...

What's everyone's guesses for the starting lineup on opening day? Particularly who will be manning the infield positions?

What about pitching rotation?

Here's my guess: (I have no idea where the new guys project to play, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Friday - Asa Lacy
Saturday - Chris Weber
Sunday - Moo Menefee

C - Mikey Hoehner
1B - Hunter Coleman
2B - Bryce Blaum
3B - Ty Coleman
SS - Logan Sartori
LF - Cam Blake
CF - Zach Deloach
RF - Logan Britt

tjack16
AG

I'd guess it would be very similar to that. I believe Ty Coleman will be at 2B though. Bryce and Sartori will be at SS/3B

Also maybe switch Menefee for Roa on sundays?
Wicked Good Ag
Jonathan Childress is making strides as well so might be in the mix.
Aggiehunt
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Jonathan Childress is making strides as well so might be in the mix.
I just assumed he would be in about the same boat as Menefee last year and would get more and more work as the season went on.
MMantle
AG
Need more new blood, 6 of those 8 position players were here last year, comprising, in my opinion, a fairly anemic offensive unit.

RR
Lemmys Rickenbacker
MMantle said:

Need more new blood, 6 of those 8 position players were here last year, comprising, in my opinion, a fairly anemic offensive unit.

RR
True, if the Coleman brothers can't be moved out, then things will be much of the same.
TarponChaser
MMantle said:

RR

I don't think that's an opinion. I'd call it a fact.

Do we have a returning player who hit .300 last year? There seems to be some discrepancies in the stats I'm looking at on 12thman.com.

It shows Mikey Hoehner hit .308 last year on his roster bio but the season stats page has him at .292.

Bryce Blaum's bio says he hit .283 but the stats pages says .292.

Cam Blake's bio says .293 but the stats page says .260.

Regardless of those discrepancies we sucked offensively last year (seems like we have for a while now) and unless the new hitting coach is a miracle worker I'm not all that optimistic for this year.

Wicked Good Ag
I was never a big fan of Bolt as a hitting coach and thought he was riding on the coattails of the 15 and 16 hitters. His approach to hitting wasn't what I would want for the SEC personally and welcome a new approach for this coming season.
If Hunter and Deloach can get to what they have shown in the past and everyone else can improve by 15 points in their batting average we can do damage with last years lineup mostly back
That may be a tall task but I think the pitching is there with only one proven weekend starter rather than two but much more known quantities on the bump potentially
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.