Any inside information when the renovation starts on Blue Bell?

3,206 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Captain Pablo
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If so what are the latest plans?
Artimus Gordon
Hopefully they will build a new one somewhere west of reed and east of GHWB's presidential library! Llke they should have done with the blue bell renovation. Maybe even facing the grandstands to the south to knock off the cold winds in feb and March! And to finally get it away from being butt up against the railroad tracks. Also parking is extremely limited at blue bell right now. A new park with some elbow room would be a real nice addition to the athletic facilities. But more than likely they will throw good money after bad!
Leander - Ag
AG
I think after the rec / swimming and maybe tennis are done?
TXAGBQ76
AG
They already looked at moving the stadium site and it was a no go. The questionnaire they sent out a couple of years ago showed more seats Fisk the lines, patios, seats at field level in right and left field, seats about the fences in left and right field, etc. as options under consideration.

No word as to if/when any changes will be made.
Captain Pablo
AG
Get rid of the berms and add 1000 seats on each line, concrete, and structurally conforming to the existing grandstands

Fire Levy

Fire whoever hired Levy in the first place

Make 201-204 GA again

Cheap

Done

aggiepaintrain
AG
Is hear they are going to over build it like Kyle Field so it's never full. Makes sense.
Captain Pablo
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Is hear they are going to over build it like Kyle Field so it's never full. Makes sense.

You're right

They should demolish 3/4 of the existing seating

At 1500 capacity, it will ALWAYS be full

First off, "never" is a long time. It won't be full every game, but it will be full at times

When the team plays well, tickets are scarce, people are in the grass. Give them bleachers. Treat them like you appreciate them

7500 capacity is not unreasonably large. Put a good product on the field and people will come.

And like I said, return 1B to GA.

MOGA

Make Olsen Great Again!

aggiepaintrain
AG
Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

You're right

First off, "never" is a long time. It won't be full every game, but it will be full at times

When the team plays well, tickets are scarce, people are in the grass. Give them bleachers. Treat them like you appreciate them

7500 capacity is not unreasonably large. Put a good product on the field and people will come.

MOGA

Make Olsen Great Again!

I guess it will be full every 2 years when we play our "never again, non rival"

Add 500 seats, that's fine. 1400 more? That's fools gold.

And we do put a good product out there, Baseball has been our best men's major sport for a decade
Captain Pablo
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

You're right

MOGA

Make Olsen Great Again!

And we do put a good product out there, Baseball has been our best men's major sport for a decade

Baha

We put a very mediocre product out there, relative to what we should, given our resources and geography

7000 seats would prove scarce if we actually contended every few years

"Best men's sport in a decade" at A&M

What's that, like a tallest little person contest?

Bulletin ....major men's sports at A&M have been pretty mediocre for most of the last quarter century

We've taken steps to fix it in football and basketball recently

Baseball? Hmmm....
twk
AG
The prior plans were built around expanding club seating, as this was going to provide the money. However, with the change in rules permitting alcohol to be sold throughout the stadium, and the end of tax deductions for seat donations, my guess is that they are rethinking the financing, which means they are rethinking the whole thing. I think they will, eventually, replace the berm on the 3rd base side with armchair seating (about 600 seats) and add something in the outfield (probably some more berm seating, maybe some party decks like you see at Starkville), but I think someone is going to have to step up with a big lead gift to get it done.
greg.w.h
AG
I think keeping the first base berm is a winner for families especially. The question is whether they turn it into Olsen 2.0 with cheap bleachers along the third base or do a real build there. I'm guessing they will build out for double decks along third base. Outfield seats in LF are the next likely expansion and I could imagine making that a club setting though not sure with the Rec there. No clue what is/is not possible.

I'm not a fan of overbuilding. I think building as you fill seats has advantages. But I don't view adding temp seats to meet spot demand is terrible. Just that once the third base berm has any seating going backwards isn't a choice. So would prefer a good plan to one designed by TexAgs...

aggiepaintrain
AG
Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

You're right

MOGA

Make Olsen Great Again!

Baha

We put a very mediocre product out there, relative to what we should, given our resources and geography

Bulletin ....major men's sports at A&M have been pretty mediocre for most of the last quarter century

Baseball? Hmmm....

So according to this expert:

1. we are not very good
2. a good product is required to have butts in seats
3 and he wants to add 1400+ seats

got it
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
an Olsen remodel is not currently on the CIP. But Athletics can work in the grey area for capital planning, especially with donations, etc. so it is plausible that when/if it shows up, the project ( programming, design, construction) begins shortly thereafter. Looks like we are getting a new $30M indoor tennis center though...

http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/treasury/pdf/FY20/TAMU.pdf
Captain Pablo
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Captain Pablo said:

aggiepaintrain said:

You're right

MOGA

Make Olsen Great Again!

Baha

Baseball? Hmmm....

So according to this expert:

1. we are not very good
2. a good product is required to have butts in seats
3 and he wants to add 1400+ seats

got it

4. We become good, and therefore need the extra seating

Good lord

Lol
twk
AG
Architelico said:

an Olsen remodel is not currently on the CIP. But Athletics can work in the grey area for capital planning, especially with donations, etc. so it is plausible that when/if it shows up, the project ( programming, design, construction) begins shortly thereafter. Looks like we are getting a new $30M indoor tennis center though...

Nice find.
BQ_90
AG
Architelico said:

they've started on the swimming stuff, I haven't paid attention ,but I think they're working on tennis too.
Foxo
AG
Not full ? Or sold out and not full? Too many existing seats not used by season ticket holders.
uncover&humpit
AG
Foxo said:

Not full ? Or sold out and not full? Too many existing seats not used by season ticket holders.

Damn near the entire stadium is sold out in season tickets and they have a wait list that takes several years and quite a few priority points to get the option to buy season tickets. They could most likely sell any new seating areas as season tickets and have them all sold before the season starts. Butts in the seats would be nice too, but season ticket revenue is what drives everything.
DFWag84
Any donor could have bought reserved tickets for every game except t.u game the other day when they went on sale.
uncover&humpit
AG
There were no singles even available when I went in to renew my tickets. I got invited to the donor presale on tickets and here is what the email said.

"Baseball individual game inventory includes a very limited quantity of upper reserved seating in section 201 and Lawn/SRO/GA tickets only. "

Not sure where those came from, but there may have been a few singles that didn't sell as season tickets. They dont have any problems selling tickets for actual seats, the grass and berms areas may actually keep some from buying because they dont want to sit in the lawn.
Captain Pablo
AG
uncover&humpit said:

There were no singles even available when I went in to renew my tickets. I got invited to the donor presale on tickets and here is what the email said.

"Baseball individual game inventory includes a very limited quantity of upper reserved seating in section 201 and Lawn/SRO/GA tickets only. "

Not sure where those came from, but there may have been a few singles that didn't sell as season tickets. They dont have any problems selling tickets for actual seats, the grass and berms areas may actually keep some from buying because they dont want to sit in the lawn.

I believe this to be the case
twk
AG
uncover&humpit said:

I'm pretty sure that these tickets are not sold as season tickets so that we have them available for visitor comps if we host in the post-season. A host team has to have a certain number of tickets available in the infield for visiting teams at tournament time. From what I've heard, not everyone does this--LSU, for example, kicks a rotating section of season ticket holders to the bleachers every year in order to accommodate visitor comps in tournament play, so that they can sell the maximum number of season tickets.
uncover&humpit
AG
Makes sense, confirms the idea that further expansion of reserves seats would most likely be all sold as season tickets. The demand is there as long as they dont flood the market with tickets like they did at Kyle.
TxAggieBand85
AG
I bought a pair of season tickets this year as those are indeed in short supply. Have no plans yet to attend any of the games. I will attend as much as practicable, love the Olsen Field games. Will post tickets available as the season gets closer.
Captain Pablo
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

I bought a pair of season tickets this year as those are indeed in short supply. Have no plans yet to attend any of the games. I will attend as much as practicable, love the Olsen Field games. Will post tickets available as the season gets closer.

Appreciate this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.