How Was Baseball's Recruiting Class?

8,882 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by coloradoag69
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

The offensive woes can be pointed towards Bolt. I've said for years they could do better.

Well yeah, for 3 years

In '15 and '16 everybody was dreading him getting hired away

Even if it isn't hindsight, which it is, who's fault is it he was around in '17, 18, and 19?

Who's in charge of recruiting offensive talent?

And finally, nonsense. The "experts" around here have insisted coaching doesn't really make much of a difference in how the team performs offensively. At least that's the crap they've been spewing for the last 2 years
Sandman98
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

The offensive woes can be pointed towards Bolt. I've said for years they could do better.

Well yeah, for 3 years

Even if it isn't hindsight, which it is, who's fault is it he was around in '17, 18, and 19?

And finally, nonsense. The "experts" around here have insisted coaching doesn't really make much of a difference in how the team performs offensively. At least that's the crap they've been spewing for the last 2 years

The experts have said that coaches don't fix much in the three or four years they have them. They have said their primary job is harvesting talent. That dipped a bit but not to the extent you want us to believe.

After leading the SEC in hitting in 2016:

2017: 7th in the SEC
2018: 4th in the SEC

2019 was the low outlier. It was bad. Bad enough for you to finally be right about something. That's not a predictor about 2020 as much as you want to believe so that you can again be right on the Internet.
Captain Pablo
AG
Sandman98 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

Well yeah, for 3 years

The experts have said that coaches don't fix much in the three or four years they have them. They have said their primary job is harvesting talent. That dipped a bit but not to the extent you want us to believe.

After leading the SEC in hitting in 2016:

2017: 7th in the SEC
2018: 4th in the SEC

2019 was the low outlier. It was bad. Bad enough for you to finally be right about something. That's not a predictor about 2020 as much as you want to believe so that you can be right on the Internet.

Lol

In 2018 We were 11th In runs scored and 9th in slugging pct

We were toward the bottom in HRs, total bases, and on-base pct too

Go back to bed
jkag89
Quote:

Well yeah, for 3 years

I remember many here being pissed when RC received an extension after the '16 season.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Captain Pablo said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

Well yeah, for 3 years

This was not true at all on the boards. Most people were upset Woodward did that.
Captain Pablo
AG
I was referring to Bolt

Not Childress

People on here, including staff, were worried that Bolt would get hired away
ftworthag02
AG
[url] [/url]
Spyderman
AG
B)
TMF
AG
I wouldn't necessarily judge based on those rankings. File it away as possible reason if this season is a failure. But it's hard to rank some of these kids in baseball unless they throw mid 90s. You never know. Especially some of the jucos. I think we have enough pitching returning and sprinkle in some of the new bats...we will be good.
2020P.O.
As usual hopefully the draft won't take a couple 2-3.
Spyderman
AG
Whats hindering our recruiting? Given our location and resources one would think top 10 classes every year?
jkag89
Forum 16 and RC spending all his time recruiting in Nebraska/
2020P.O.
I'm sure RC contract ending and the low mumbling about win at Omaha or bust.
coloradoag69
AG
I have not been an RC fan for at least 5 years. I think he has become a better head coach over his tenure here at A&M, but I do think we can do better. Our offense has been continually confusing to me. Earlier in his tenure, it seemed to me that we had a few good pitchers each year, but not a real staff. That seems to have changed in the last few years, but our offense has really gone downhill.

The pressure that being in the SEC has put on all our programs can't be underestimated. Besides men's basketball, which is not a top national conference, every other sport is dealing with playing multiple top ten teams in conference play. The SEC baseball league in general is a big boy's hitting league. All the teams see and have enough elite pitching that great pitching / weak hitting at best gets you into the middle tier of the league.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.