Softball Recruiting

3,874 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Colt98
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks we just signed the #9 player according to FloSoftball and Extra Inning Softball, Brionna Warren!
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Chapa96 said:

Looks we just signed the #9 player according to FloSoftball and Extra Inning Softball, Brionna Warren!
Ty Warren's daughter.
Wooahhhh
AG
Mariana Torres, IF - Austin Hendrickson #75 in the 2020 Extra Elite Top 100 list

Mayce Allen, C/OF - Frisco, #97 on FloSoftball Top 100 list
TXAG1977
AG
Plus two more. Really great day for softball recruiting.
TXAG1977
AG
Information on the Aggie softball Facebook account.
Wooahhhh
AG
SoCal pitcher sounds interesting. Grace Uribe, LA player of the year 2018 & 2019. She carried Huntington Beach HS to CIS semi-finals (injury plagued team). Played for the Firecrackers
Chapa96
AG
This class has some highly ranked players. I like it!
Wooahhhh
AG
#7 recruiting class per FloSoftball
Belton Ag
AG
Wooahhhh said:

SoCal pitcher sounds interesting. Grace Uribe, LA player of the year 2018 & 2019. She carried Huntington Beach HS to CIS semi-finals (injury plagued team). Played for the Firecrackers
Looks like she was once committed to Mizzou but flipped after they fired Earlywine.
MSTC Man
AG
Did Snider's influence help sign this class or were all of these committed before Snider join the coaching staff?
Colt98
AG
All of these where already committed before.
mullokmotx
AG
Interesting that Jo has signed a player out of California for the second year in a row. Whatever happened after the 2018 season with players leaving the program doesn't seem to have affected recruiting. Maybe having continuity with a pitching coach is helping to get what appears to be quality pitchers.
Colt98
AG
Some times girls that come in are self centered and hard to deal with. Regardless of how highly ranked they are. And yes it does help having a good pitching coach, and Dill seems to be one.
Belton Ag
AG
I know nothing about how they rank the recruits and if they're legit or not, but if Jo is recruiting top 10 classes from here on then the program can turnaround in fairly short order. Especially with the new respected hitting coach.

My understanding is that last years class was fairly highly ranked as well.
Wooahhhh
AG
I think that team was ranked in the upper 20's, iirc. The kid I know that went to Mizzou and left because of Earlywine went to Oklahoma. She didn't stay as Glasso has had the pick of pitchers off the transfer portal. She's now at Pacific. She couldn't stand Earlywine either. I'd have loved to been a bug on the wall at Mizzou just to see what he was like

I wouldn't put the new ballpark out of the mix for why we're recruiting better either, but that hitting coach has had a lot to do with it. He's highly respected. And crazy as it sounds, the softball community is very small.
Belton Ag
AG
Sometimes schadenfreude can be fun. Earlywine HATED A&M and the Sugar Daddies and wasn't afraid to say so publicly. I enjoyed his very public downfall.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

I think that team was ranked in the upper 20's, iirc
So you're right. I looked it up and it was 29th. Not exactly where you want to be in the SEC, but that does NOT include the transfer Herzog, of course. That was a huge addition to the class.
Colt98
AG
I thought they were 17 last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.