Kaitlyn Alderink

9,015 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigBubbaAggie82
BigBubbaAggie82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Former Texas A&M infielder Kaitlyn Alderink has entered the transfer portal according to Softball America.
Artimus Gordon
Wasn't she at ULALA last year?
BigBubbaAggie82
Artimus Gordon said:

Wasn't she at ULALA last year?
Not sure but she should have 1 year of eligibility therefore makes it interesting where she might land.
Chapa96
AG
I think she stayed at A&M and just didnt play softball her Sr year.
phantomf15c
AG
Kaitlyn was at A&M last year and didn't play softball. She graduated from the Mays Business Honors School in 4 years. She's a great Aggie from an all Aggie family! Solid, solid people. I wish her all the best in whichever direction she chooses to go.
BigBubbaAggie82
phantomf15c said:

Kaitlyn was at A&M last year and didn't play softball. She graduated from the Mays Business Honors School in 4 years. She's a great Aggie from an all Aggie family! Solid, solid people. I wish her all the best in whichever direction she chooses to go.
Agreed! Great kid and family hate she left the program but totally understand her rationale for doing so.
gigem92
AG
Looks like she will joining Coach Glasco at ULL

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2019/11/6/louisiana-softball-adds-kaitlyn-alderink-to-2020-roster.aspx
Artimus Gordon
Must be a really good guy to play for. Hudek and Milligan went there last year. Milligan graduated or used up her elgibility last year. Now Hudek and Alderink will be on the team together. I noticed that Glasco has several transfers from other programs too.
Belton Ag
AG
I like Glasco and have some hopes that if a change ever comes here that he'll end up coaching in Aggieland.
MSTC Man
AG
I don't understand this. You have an Aggie degree, an Aggie Ring, and one more year of eligibility. Why do you choose to go to ULaLa? It's not like next year you will go pro. How is one more year under Glasco in the state of Louisiana better than playing for TAMU in Davis Diamond?
Wicked Good Ag
Scholarship possibly at UlaLa but not available anymore at TAMU ??
rugger74
AG
Great question.
MSTC Man
AG
Belton Ag said:

I like Glasco and have some hopes that if a change ever comes here that he'll end up coaching in Aggieland.
I liked Glasco when he was here, but after him recruiting our players to come to LA, I can not support him to replace Jo.
Belton Ag
AG
MSTC Man said:

Belton Ag said:

I liked Glasco when he was here, but after him recruiting our players to come to LA, I can not support him to replace Jo.
Well I certainly don't have any inside knowledge of how Glasco pursued these transfers, whether it was done within the rules or not. If you have evidence that Glasco illegally recruited these players, let us know and I'll probably change my mind.

But as far as taking players from A&M, that doesn't bother me at all as long as it was done legally. The athletes clearly wanted to play for him, why take that choice away from them? To me, that's going to be on Jo for allowing the program to get to the point where players want to leave, not on Glasco for allowing them to come play for him.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Belton Ag said:

MSTC Man said:

Belton Ag said:

Well I certainly don't have any inside knowledge of how Glasco pursued these transfers, whether it was done within the rules or not. If you have evidence that Glasco illegally recruited these players, let us know and I'll probably change my mind.

But as far as taking players from A&M, that doesn't bother me at all as long as it was done legally. The athletes clearly wanted to play for him, why take that choice away from them? To me, that's going to be on Jo for allowing the program to get to the point where players want to leave, not on Glasco for allowing them to come play for him.

Agreed. Additionally, he and IG - J coach KC know each other. Most IG girls already had a familiarity with coach Glasco even prior to his taking the A&M job.
sharpdressedman
MSTC Man said:

I don't understand this. You have an Aggie degree, an Aggie Ring, and one more year of eligibility. Why do you choose to go to ULaLa? It's not like next year you will go pro. How is one more year under Glasco in the state of Louisiana better than playing for TAMU in Davis Diamond?
Coaching and culture; facilities are in third place. JMO
BanderaAg956
Could be the train wreck called Aggie Softball that has occurred the last few years that is driving off a lot of players!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
coloradoag69
AG
With all fairness, I don't see how you can call the 2018 softball season a train wreck. We went to the super regional at #2 Florida, split two one run games with them, and lost a two run game. We had a winning SEC conference record of 13 -11 and an overall record of 44 - 18. We hosted a regional and won it in 3 straight games.

I know comparing that to our baseball team isn't a lot for some, but it's better than they've done year over year for a number of years.

SEC softball is really tough; those teams overall are probably more dominant than in football. Everyone wants more, but calling it a train wreck is pretty weak, IMO.
phantomf15c
AG
Agreed! Aggie Softball teams of 2017 & 2018 are two of the best in Aggie Softball history. 2019 was a setback year for sure. But the program really excelled in 2017 & 2018. Very, very high level of play offensively and defensively during those seasons.
Goro Majima
AG
Because the program has literally gone to **** since the 2018 Gainsville super regional.

Or at least it's regressed and Kaitlyn didn't want to put any energy into something not worth her time.
Goro Majima
AG
It's not so much that season that was a train wreck.

It's how it ended. And everything that came after. Personally, I was a big Jo Evans supporter in 2017 but now I'd like her to retire. If she doesn't make a super this year, I'd almost like to see Bjork outright can her, HOF coach be damned.
Skull Session
Heck, Baylee Klingler, probably the best recruit in 2019 transferred out after one year and signed with Washington. Hard to build a decent program when your roster is a revolving door. In the best interests of the program it would be a good time for Bjork to pull the plug on Jo at the end of the year! Something is fishy at Davis diamond!
Mark Fairchild
AG
No mo Jo!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Because the program has literally gone to **** since the 2018 Gainsville super regional.
This isn't true. Last year's record and the exodus of players was pretty bad, but Evans was able to pull Snider away from Florida St and signed a top 10 class which includes the transfer Herzog. There also a bunch of top recruits that are committed for next year.

I'm not going to predict anything, but it's a far cry from "literally gone to *****"

Goro Majima
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

This isn't true. Last year's record and the exodus of players was pretty bad, but Evans was able to pull Snider away from Florida St and signed a top 10 class which includes the transfer Herzog. There also a bunch of top recruits that are committed for next year.

I'm not going to predict anything, but it's a far cry from "literally gone to *****"

You make decent points but I'll believe it when I see it.
BigBubbaAggie82
Skull Session said:

Heck, Baylee Klingler, probably the best recruit in 2019 transferred out after one year and signed with Washington. Hard to build a decent program when your roster is a revolving door. In the best interests of the program it would be a good time for Bjork to pull the plug on Jo at the end of the year! Something is fishy at Davis diamond!

Cant agree with you on Klingler. The numbers don't support that at all. In addition she transferred to Washington and doesn't appear to be selected in the starting line up there. The real truth is Talent and Production should be played over favorites. Unfortunately that wasn't the case last year which lead to the numbers yielded.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.