Some good news regarding Deloach

3,673 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MR Gadsden
MR Gadsden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://d1baseball.com/summer-baseball/breakout-prospect-ams-deloach-turns-the-tide/
BreNayPop
AG
Just please please please let it carry over to this year's offense
MR Gadsden
I think it says something about the lack of coaching he was getting the last few years.
LukeDuke
AG
Would be nice to bring Brett Becker on to the coaching staff...
Lemmys Rickenbacker
LukeDuke said:

Would be nice to bring Brett Becker on to the coaching staff...
Looks like other than Cape Cod league he no longer coaches, he is a PE teacher.
ptothemo
AG
Richline said:

I think it says something about the lack of coaching he was getting the last few years.
If you started a thread with positive news about a player and an ulterior motive to bag on the coaching, you should have just done like the other thread about Deloach (that is about ten down from this one, by the way) and done it right in the first post.
MR Gadsden
Bird Poo
AG
ptothemo said:

Richline said:

If you started a thread with positive news about a player and an ulterior motive to bag on the coaching, you should have just done like the other thread about Deloach (that is about ten down from this one, by the way) and done it right in the first post.

I know for a fact the hitting coach was the problem with his inconsistency.

It's crazy how we can analyze and comment on football coaching all day long, but mention any baseball coach and people turn into defensive little politicians.
ptothemo
AG
PearlJammin said:

ptothemo said:

Richline said:

I know for a fact the hitting coach was the problem with his inconsistency.

It's crazy how we can analyze and comment on football coaching all day long, but mention any baseball coach and people turn into defensive little politicians.
How do you know that for a fact? You can't make a statement like that and not back it up in some way. Otherwise, I know for a fact that I don't find your statement credible, and then we end up in some internet pissing match that I am not interested in.

Additionally, you are missing the point of what I said. It has nothing to do with me being defensive, and I fully agree that coaching was a problem. I fully agree that our offensive approach was lacking, the numbers weren't there, and it was time for a change. I am not defending anyone.

The point that I am making is that OP posted really positive news about one of our players. Great, leave it there. And then as soon as someone else replied, OP followed up by bagging on the coaching. To me, that reads as OP having an ulterior motive and using the positive news about one of our guys as an opportunity to state some tired "take" about our coaching. It was manipulative, and I called it out when I saw it as such. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. But, generally, humans aren't nearly as creative as they think they are - and internet humans are even less creative about creating situations to have their "say".
MR Gadsden
How do you know that for a fact? You can't make a statement like that and not back it up in some way.

We already replaced the coach in question so what would my ulterior motive be?

The fact that a small tweak fixed his swing (and probably confidence) shows that there is plenty of hope for the rest of the returning roster. Posters last season bagged on the players and said we needed to recruit better hitters. My point all season was that's BS, we needed to change our approach at the plate and inspire some confidence.

ptothemo
AG
I don't know it for a fact. That is the reason that I used qualifiers such as "to me" and "as I saw it" as I provided my observations of the situation.

And your ulterior motive, as it seems to me, would be to complain about coaches who are now gone. I would agree that does seem like a weird motive, especially given the fact that what made you start the thread is the success of one of our guys. Instead, it turns into complaining about coaches who are gone at the first chance rather than just acknowledging the success of one of our players who is not gone.

But I'm probably just being grumpy, right?
trouble
AG
It felt that way to me as well.
MR Gadsden
I look forward to watching the returning players with the new staff.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.