Padres Prank the Red Sox

3,492 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigDawg87
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not Aggie baseball related in any way, but I don't care. This is pretty funny.

Padres Troll Red Sox

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BreNayPop
AG
That was awesome
ensign_beedrill
AG
Baseball is great.
agsalaska
AG
I dont get it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BreNayPop
AG
agsalaska said:

I dont get it.
The playing of Rick Astley's song was the ultimate in troll jobs of the internet 10 years ago. You would provide a link to that song that was mislabeled- presented as if the link contained the answer to a request or question from the original poster, but the link would take the user to rick astley's song... it provided a totally inappropriate or unhelpful response to whatever was being searched for or desired. The Rick Astley song link bait-and-switch was used so much the fad gained the name 'Rick Rolling" or 'You've been Rick Rolled'.

I'm assuming you can put together how playing "Sweet Caroline" for the redsox fans and then "Rick Rolling" them is a bait-and-switch troll they didn't expect.

I've spent way too much time trying to explain an internet fad that shouldn't be explained- so hopefully that helps some.
twk
AG
Besides the Rick Roll meme. some folks may be unaware that Sweet Caroline has been played at Fenway during the 8th inning for a number of years.
ptothemo
AG
1) Good on the Padres stadium ops for pulling this off

2) Good on the Sox fans (and some neutrals and maybe Padres fans as well) for singing over it for a pretty decent amount of time

Just good stuff all around
ensign_beedrill
AG
Hope this helps.
agsalaska
AG
Thanks for taking the time
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Belton Ag
AG
The video is hilarious to watch but that has to be one of the worst songs ever produced. That was peak '80's Top 40, which was one of the worst music genre's in history.
Wicked Good Ag
Belton Ag said:

The video is hilarious to watch but that has to be one of the worst songs ever produced. That was peak '80's Top 40, which was one of the worst music genre's in history.

Umm what ??
SMM48
AG
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-session/id1441353614?i=1000423262602

Astley sold 40 million records.
Hop
Staff
AG
Belton Ag said:

Would you like to walk around to the woodshed?
Belton Ag
AG
Hop said:

Belton Ag said:

Would you like to walk around to the woodshed?
And what, ya gonna punish me by making me listen to '80's songs?
BigDawg87
AG
Hop's clearly never gonna let you go, never gonna let you down...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.