Wacha?

4,364 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
DeWrecking Crew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the story with Wacha this year? I'm up in Wisconsin on business and watching Cards vs Brewers, Wacha is 6-6 this year with opp bat. Avg of .299 and ERA of over 5.3? I haven't kept up, but that seems really uncharacteristic.
Tanya 93
plagued with injuries
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
He was only on the IL once this season (April 22-29). While he might not be 100%, I don't think it's unrealistic to think he's just an average pitcher at this point in his career. Obviously, we remember him fondly because of how dominant he was at A&M. I think he peaked between the 2013 NLCS and his all-star season of 2015. His numbers have been meh from 2016 and on, now with the juiced balls, it only makes sense that they go up even more.

I still hope he can catch lightning in a bottle and go on an insane tear again.
DD88
AG
He has a really bad game about once a month and they seem to be trying to keep his pitch count down lately.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/32640/michael-wacha
W
AG
will be a free agent after the season
LoneStarAg10
AG
W said:

will be a free agent after the season
Sounds like a great candidate for the Astros
Gardening Ag
Not having a curveball limits him. Hes done well with his fastball/change up combo but when that's off, he doesn't have much else to throw.
W
AG
Wacha had a good September (2.70 ERA) and a fairly decent second half (3.58 ERA).

he was left off the Cardinals NLDS playoff roster due to a shoulder issue.

will be interesting to see where he lands after the postseason is over
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.