Received a survey today from NCAA Baseball

2,275 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bufrilla
iluvpoker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Regarding the CWS. Apparently someone is finally realizing they might want to move it around the country if they want to increase interest in the game. I know people here don't like this idea, but this isn't about you. It's about trying to reach new fans. Fans who are in other parts of the country than Omaha.
powerbelly
AG
I understand why there are people who would love to leave it in Omaha, but moving it around would be great.

I don't think it is feasible in the short term due to NCAA agreements with the city of Omaha.
RGLAG85
AG
It would be absolutely stupid to move it! But it's the NCAA, they're known for doing completely stupid things.
twk
AG
iluvpoker said:

Regarding the CWS. Apparently someone is finally realizing they might want to move it around the country if they want to increase interest in the game. I know people here don't like this idea, but this isn't about you. It's about trying to reach new fans. Fans who are in other parts of the country than Omaha.
I don't know what makes you think this. The NCAA signed a 25 year lease for TD Ameritrade when the park was built. It's not going anywhere before that lease is up.
greg.w.h
AG
1. They can survey interest especially if the park isn't sold out.
2. There are always means of redoing the format. What if Omaha hosted a 7 game series final? Or hosted a final four playoff that all pairings were resolved 3-game series?

I actually have zero affinity for either Omaha or OKC. At least Omaha isn't home turf for the Cornhuskers like the Brickyard basically is for the Sooners.

And don't argue tradition. The area of Rosenblatt was terrible and they waited too long address it.
bufrilla
AG
332,000 plus attended the CWS this year (2019), just a thousand below 2018. CWS is not going anywhere. I do think they need to reduce it to a final Championship Series (final 2) and best 3 of 5.

2019 Attendance leaders:
1. LSU - 10.5K
2. Ole Miss - 8.9K
3. MSU - 8.5K
4. Arkansas - 8.3K
5. SCarol - 5.9K
6. tu - 5.8K
7.TexA&M - 4.9K

Fla - 3.8K
Aub - 3.3K
Ky - 3.1K
Ga - 2.9K
Ala- 2.9K
Van - 2.8
Tenn ?
Mo? (last)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.