Will Fox - New Assistant

6,966 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggies2009
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2019/7/26/aggies-add-will-fox-to-baseball-staff.aspx
MadDog73
AG
Who is Fox replacing?
BrandoC
AG
That must mean that Jason Hutchins is gone?
Sandman98
AG
BrandoC said:

That must mean that Jason Hutchins is gone?

Did they change the name of the Director of Baseball operations to Player personnel and video? I could be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with Hutch.
ftworthag02
AG
Jason is no longer listed on coaching staff
Bunk Moreland
RC feels the heat. Let's all hope for a great season next year.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
ftworthag02 said:

Jason is no longer listed on coaching staff
He is still listed in the Athletics Directory.
ensign_beedrill
AG
He would be replacing Ryan Lasneske who I believe took a position with the Astros some time during this past season.
SECNetworkAg
Great hire
Artimus Gordon
Let's hope so! RC reminds me a lot of Billy Kennedy as someone who can't quite put it all together and get things done. Maybe these new coaches will put the program over the top!
ColoradoMooseHerd
If you don't like Childress that is fine. If you want to criticize him, fine. But to compare him to Kennedy just makes you look like a jackass that really does not follow baseball
Aston04
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Let's hope so! RC reminds me a lot of Billy Kennedy as someone who can't quite put it all together and get things done. Maybe these new coaches will put the program over the top!
RC and Childress are a lot different. Childress brings to the table coaching on the pitching side. BK was a weak coach who had a crazy 2 year stretch of recruiting carry him to 2 good seasons of 8.
JohnnieBB
AG
Jason is still listed on the Support Staff -- Director of Baseball Operations as of today, 8/11/2019.
ironmanag
AG
Aston04 said:

Artimus Gordon said:

RC and Childress are a lot different. Childress brings to the table coaching on the pitching side. BK was a weak coach who had a crazy 2 year stretch of recruiting carry him to 2 good seasons of 8.
This is just an opinion. Our pitching fails us alot. Our in game management of pitchers is head scratching often. I don't see alot of pitchers getting better year to year. We either have aces that have really great natural talent or we stuggle on the hill, look at the weakness of our bullpen during RCs tenure.

Too many people use his "pitching" coaching as a crutch for all of the other failures when pitching fails us just as often.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Aggies2009
AG
ironmanag said:

Aston04 said:

Artimus Gordon said:

This is just an opinion. Our pitching fails us alot. Our in game management of pitchers is head scratching often. I don't see alot of pitchers getting better year to year. We either have aces that have really great natural talent or we stuggle on the hill, look at the weakness of our bullpen during RCs tenure.

Too many people use his "pitching" coaching as a crutch for all of the other failures when pitching fails us just as often.
I agree 100% that some bullpen moves make me scratch my head.

I think that pitching has done really well considering what we've faced with injuries to guys like Stilson, Minter, Childress, Stubblefield (and his subsequent dismissal from the team), etc. getting hurt at inopportune times. This season especially, I looked at many games where yes, pitchers made mistakes, but the team still should've been able to win the game. For instance, Lacy made one mistake in a game vs South Carolina and we trailed 3-0. I know it was a 7-inning game, but you'd expect to get 3 runs out of your team. Or the entire SEC tournament.... Pitching, and more specifically the bullpen, "failed" us late in the games in that they gave up a 2-run HR and whatnot..... It shouldn't have come to that- we should've been able to score more.
Artimus Gordon
It doesn't matter one damned bit, whether I like or dislike Rob Childress. It's past time for him & his program to get high in the behind and produce results commensurate with his $800,000 salary. In other words, DO what he was hired to DO when he replaced MJ.

In 2019 the Ags were 16-13-1 in the SEC West (4th). In the SEC tournament the Ags beat Florida, but lost to
Georgia & Ole Miss. In the NCAA regional the Ags beat Fordham & West Virginia but got eliminated by 2 losses to Duke.

In 2018 the Ags finished 13-17 in the SEC West (5th). In the SEC tournament the Ags beat Vanderbilt, Georgia, & Auburn but were eliminated in the single elimination format by Ole Miss. In the NCAA Regional the Ags beat Indiana but promptly lost to Texas and were subsequently eliminated by Indiana.

In 2017 the Ags finished 16-14 in the SEC West (4th). In the SEC tournament the Ags were eliminated by Missouri. In the NCAA regional the Ags beat Baylor, Iowa, and UH to move on to the Super Regional. It just so happened that Davidson beat a top seed in North Carolina in the regional so the Ags were able to host the super regional. The Ags beat Davidson 7-6 in 15 innings and 12-6 to move on to the CWS. In the CWS the Ags lost to 3 seed Louisville 4-8 and were promptly ousted by Big12 nemesis TCU 1-4.

Over the last 3 years the Ags are 45-44-1 in SEC conference play with two 4th place and one 5th place SEC West finishes. Two years of getting bounced in regional play and one year of going 0-2 in the CWS. Is this what we are satisfied with? This is what you get for $800,000 a year?

Yes Rob is similar to BK and other Ag coaches who have been fired from their jobs here. In BK's case he had a chance to hire as good or better after Stansberry left for WKU, but he didn't. Sumlin could have hired as good or better after Kliff took off for Tech, but he didn't and it cost him. Ironhead Mike Sherman could have hired an offensive coordinator and a playcaller and actually became a Head Coach, but he didn't. Slocum could have hired a quality offensive coordinator and he might still be here. He didn't.

How are these situations different from Rob always going the fallback route and tapping the good ol' boy Nebraska network for his assistants? At some point you have got to step out of your comfort zone and do something different to justify your salary and save your job. Hopefully that is the case with the Will Fox and Calliet (sp) hires? I think he had one foot out the door at the end of this season, except for the fact that Woodward went home to LSU. I believe Evans and Rob were in the same boat this year. They dodged a bullet, so to speak. They got another chance so make the most out of it.

If that makes me a Jackass then so be it. Normally I am more of an A-Hole and an SOB, but I DON'T CARE!
Actually being called a jackass means that I must be softening in my old age. I don't like that aspect of it one bit.

Aggieangler93
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

....Actually being called a jackass means that I must be softening in my old age. I don't like that aspect of it one bit.
I love this part.....LOL
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggies2009
AG
Ah. Dementia. Explains a lot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.