Little League Softball

3,662 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
ought1ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My nieces team just punched their ticket to the Southwest Regional in Waco next week(24-28). They will be the Texas West team and a team from Kountze will represent the East. The first few games will be on ESPN+ and then on the lhn for the Sat and Sun games
ptothemo
AG
That's awesome and congrats to them!

Waco sure isn't much of a reward for success, though.
AmandaScarborough
AG
ought1ag said:

My nieces team just punched their ticket to the Southwest Regional in Waco next week(24-28). They will be the Texas West team and a team from Kountze will represent the East. The first few games will be on ESPN+ and then on the lhn for the Sat and Sun games

I have called the southwest regional for 4 years now and I will be there next weekend calling the linear games for Saturday and Sunday! I hope I get to meet your niece! I also call the LL Softball World Series in August on ESPN, so if they make it, I'll see her in Portland as well!
Aggies2009
AG
AmandaScarborough said:

ought1ag said:

I have called the southwest regional for 4 years now and I will be there next weekend calling the linear games for Saturday and Sunday! I hope I get to meet your niece! I also call the LL Softball World Series in August on ESPN, so if they make it, I'll see her in Portland as well!

Just wanted to say I loved watching you play and now look forward to your commentary whenever you call games! Glad you're doing so well.
ought1ag
AG
We (they) met you back in '16 when my oldest niece played. She was the one that had your quote on a poster board. They were super pumped to meet and talk to you that day......the whole team actually. I will make sure they come say hi again and hopefully we can finish one game better this year and can see you in Portland too.
AmandaScarborough
AG
Thank you so much! I love what I do and am very thankful of everything A&M, Coach Evans & the softball team brought to my life.
Miguel
AG
Congrats to your niece! New Braunfels LL Senior softball advanced to the SW regional in Vidalia, LA. Play begins Saturday.
RGV AG
AG
Interesting story here, my daughter has played on travel teams with several of the girls on this team from Mercedes. They were notified on Thursday evening that the team that beat them, Eagle Pass, in the West Texas area was DQ'ed for using some illegal players. Thus, they have had 2 days notice to round up their girls from hither and yon, including two leaving a National tournament, to drive to New Mexico and play tomorrow morning.

What was odd is that the girls from Mercedes had handily beaten EP during the tournament and EP came back and beat them two straight to win, it looked like a different team.

Cheating is bad no matter what, but in a Little League or Pony deal it is just way wrong.

https://www.krgv.com/news/mercedes-junior-softball-lady-tigers-named-the-west-texas-league-champions

RGV AG
AG
And thank you for representing our school so well, our family loves to hear you call games. You are great at what you do and what you did!!
ought1ag
AG
Texas West with the win over Oklahoma 10-0

We play again @ 10AM on Sat.
ought1ag
AG
Lost this AM but back at it again at 5.......don't count us out just yet!!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Kountze is my hometown. I would have loved to have seen the game, but was too late in viewing this thread.
Chapa96
AG
Was rooting for Kountze too. From Lumberton here.
ought1ag
AG
Playing east bank Louisiana for the regional championship here in a few minutes. Will be on LHN
schmellba99
AG
A girl i went to HS with has a daughter on the Columbus team that is in the LLSBWS right now. It has been fun watching her posts, they beat Latin America yesterday 19-1.
ought1ag
AG
Our bats went cold at the worst possible time and we lost out in the title game for the second year in a row. Niece had an all around great tournament and bettered what she did the year before. Much like everything else in life you just have to keep on keeping on and we're just now waking up in California.....got a busy week of softball for the PGF tournament. Deep down I bet she's ready for school to start up so things can slow down and she can get some rest.
RGV AG
AG
That team plays travel as "Force" right? All girls from Columbus. If it is the team I think it is, they are good and talented girls. My daughter has played against them several times over the years.
schmellba99
AG
RGV AG said:

That team plays travel as "Force" right? All girls from Columbus. If it is the team I think it is, they are good and talented girls. My daughter has played against them several times over the years.

I think so, but dont quote me on it either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.