Baseball Scholarship

2,541 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by histag10
TripleSec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking for someone who's son is getting recruited by other schools. Does A&M's baseball scholarships provide full rides?
BBGigem
AG
I can't say for sure but with only 11.7 scholarships to dole out for the whole team, it would be very rare, if at all, that a kid would get a full ride purely from baseball.
RGLAG85
AG
TripleSec said:

Asking for someone who's son is getting recruited by other schools. Does A&M's baseball scholarships provide full rides?
Unless a kid is a for sure top 20 1st round pick, they'll never see a 100% offer. Coaches will throw those out to those elite few knowing they most likely won't make it to campus and if they do, they'll be program changers. Look to the middle of the field for the top offers starting with pitchers that still range from 40% to 90% for elite but not top 20 pitchers. Shortstop is next at somewhere between 33% to 75%(elite). Then go to centerfield for between 40% to 60%. Catchers range between 30% to 50%. Everyone else will be lucky to get 25% to 33% if anything at all. These can vary with elite talent at any given position but they better be batting in the mid to high 400's or in the 500's, against good competition, with power or elite speed.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
Best thing and best options is academic money.. coaches love kids who can get academic money (and they will help you get academic money)... it's much more plentiful than athletic money. They'll help you get 100% academic money and save your athletic 25% for someone else.
histag10
AG
I will say that tamu does not offer 100% academic scholarships (there are a few partner foundations that come close though, but those are insanely hard to get), and to my knowledge, very few (if any) baseball players get full rides in athletic aid
TripleSec
AG
Thanks all for the insight!
agfan2332
As a former D1 baseball player, who actually got a full ride by my senior year, those type of scholarships are VERY rare. If anyone is getting full rides, they are getting a lot more academic scholarships than athletic for baseball
2020P.O.
Have to go to Vandy...or show lower income for maybe Rice or UH - I forget which one, likely Ulala and several others. How places like Vandy and possibly soon TCU get around this is puzzling.
OKCAGS
Vandy and TCU give almost all baseball players academic scholarships ..... Advantage of private schools . South Carolina , Georgia , LSU all have their version of the TOPS program , to give state kids academic scholarships , saving the 11.7 for out of staters. It is a BIG advantage and we need to get with the program to keep up.
greg.w.h
AG
Remember Cost of Attendance covers usual expenses with a bit more gap over typical costs than previous. A mere half scholarship means you borrow around 12K a year if your kid is frugal and works a budget. And essentially you're borrowing housing, food, transportation. Or if you move to town it's built into your household expenses if he stays at home.

Trust me that a half scholarship is huge.
histag10
AG
Correct- cost of attendance includes tuition and fees, room & board, transportation, books, miscellaneous expenses, and loan fees (if you have them). All of that is an average number and you can stay way under it or go way over it depending on personal lifestyle choices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.