Corbin Martin - TJ surgery

4,251 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wabs
fessparker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hope for a complete recovery!

Mark Fairchild
AG
Man, I hate to hear this news. Praying for successful surgery and recovery.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aggie_Brad
The kid looked great in his Mother's Day Astro's debut. Hope he gets back to that level quickly. With the TJ surgery technology today, he will be back stronger, which should be scary to opponents!
94chem
Gonna run out of cadavers at this rate...
oldschool87
AG
The surgery went great per the doc.

The cleaned up some loose cartlidge. Removed some bone spurs then did the Tommy J surgery.

Corbin is in good spirits, quite a bit of pain, but just crushed on the inside...

ptothemo
AG
oldschool87
AG
Talked to his Dad yesterday...

His original surgery got pushed back a day because the Doctor that worked on him had to work on some guy named Clay Thompson... (LOL)

Anyway, see my above post for surgery details. After Surgery the surgeon talked to Corbin and asked him what his Velo was. Corbin said, 96 ish, but can bring it at a 100. He said well. Given the new tendon is 4x stronger than your old one, and every single TJ surgery I have done my patients pick up on avg 3mph, I might actually keep an eye on you.

Take that for whatever its worth, but this is not some johnny come lately surgeon, he is one of the top surgeons in the country in his field....

Schedule I got from his Dad. 4 months nothing but rehab. 6 months soft toss. 8 Months soft mound work. July 7ish first live action in a game somewhere in a, aa, aaa.

Will try to update at least 1 time per month.

I thought kids were out 18 months... so seems really quick to me, but I build computers, not arms...
Wabs
AG
oldschool87 said:

Talked to his Dad yesterday...

His original surgery got pushed back a day because the Doctor that worked on him had to work on some guy named Clay Thompson... (LOL)

Anyway, see my above post for surgery details. After Surgery the surgeon talked to Corbin and asked him what his Velo was. Corbin said, 96 ish, but can bring it at a 100. He said well. Given the new tendon is 4x stronger than your old one, and every single TJ surgery I have done my patients pick up on avg 3mph, I might actually keep an eye on you.

Take that for whatever its worth, but this is not some johnny come lately surgeon, he is one of the top surgeons in the country in his field....

Schedule I got from his Dad. 4 months nothing but rehab. 6 months soft toss. 8 Months soft mound work. July 7ish first live action in a game somewhere in a, aa, aaa.

Will try to update at least 1 time per month.

I thought kids were out 18 months... so seems really quick to me, but I build computers, not arms...
Thanks for the update! Really pulling for this kid to come back stronger than ever.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.