Here's How are you have to handle this, IMO. And it pains me..

6,299 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozingAg
BoozingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

Basketball and Chain said:

BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

I And In my opinion, that buyout necessity occurs unless Rob host a regional, or makes the College World Series.

Short of that, Rob needs to go find someplace else to work. We've seen enough

The problem with that is what if we have another 2017. Now you can't fire him.

You have fun going to Omaha just like I did in 2017
Isn't it clear by now, Booze can not have fun following Aggie baseball until RC is gone. He has come to the conclusion that it must and that it will happen and until it does happen whether Fightin' Texas Aggie baseball has good moments they should not be enjoyed because until that happens the program can not move forward.
Booze doesn't follow Aggie Baseball. It was just the most recent chance he had to jump on a "FIRE THE COACH" bandwagon and he's taking it. As soon as Childress is gone, he'll disappear, heading over to whatever board has a struggling team to start clamoring that the coach be fired immediately, similar to how he did once Kennedy was let go lol!

You seem really mad. This is all you two have now. Posts about what and where I post about because I was right all along. And all the blue stars in the world from the board regulars won't change that.
Not angry at all. If I'm wrong about you I apologize but it is simply how you come across to me. I think my post 4:55p, 6/18/19 is dead on and reinforced by the fact that you are concerned that RC might "luck" his way to Omaha again and then we'll be forced to give him an extension. Sorry but with all the posts over the years, under the various users names, I do not recall a single post in which there is even a hint you derived any pleasure from the Game itself. In fact you scoff at any of us that simply relish the baseball season for the baseball season.
I quite obviously wasn't replying to you here
Aggies2009
AG
BoozingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

And In my opinion, that buyout necessity occurs unless Rob host a regional, or makes the College World Series.

Isn't it clear by now, Booze can not have fun following Aggie baseball until RC is gone. He has come to the conclusion that it must and that it will happen and until it does happen whether Fightin' Texas Aggie baseball has good moments they should not be enjoyed because until that happens the program can not move forward.
Booze doesn't follow Aggie Baseball. It was just the most recent chance he had to jump on a "FIRE THE COACH" bandwagon and he's taking it. As soon as Childress is gone, he'll disappear, heading over to whatever board has a struggling team to start clamoring that the coach be fired immediately, similar to how he did once Kennedy was let go lol!

You seem really mad. This is all you two have now. Posts about what and where I post about because I was right all along. And all the blue stars in the world from the board regulars won't change that.
That's "all we have" but it's also all we need at this point with you. You've proven time and time again that you're not worth engaging in good faith and most of the board sees it now. So in order to not sink to your level, you're simply dismissed. If you want to frame that as some sort of "win" and "proof that you're right", go for it. Every argument about everything results in you saying, "Well I've been proven right over 15 years with Childress" no matter the context, so you obviously need the self-reassurance lmao
drthoop
AG
BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

And In my opinion, that buyout necessity occurs unless Rob host a regional, or makes the College World Series.

You do realize that we lucked into that CWS in 2017. Dropped ball on an infield pop up. The Gods were smiling on us that night. We had no business going to Omaha. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we did and I had a blast there but we really shouldn't have been there.

Not to mention getting to host the Super in the first place.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

I And In my opinion, that buyout necessity occurs unless Rob host a regional, or makes the College World Series.

Not angry at all. If I'm wrong about you I apologize but it is simply how you come across to me. I think my post 4:55p, 6/18/19 is dead on and reinforced by the fact that you are concerned that RC might "luck" his way to Omaha again and then we'll be forced to give him an extension. Sorry but with all the posts over the years, under the various users names, I do not recall a single post in which there is even a hint you derived any pleasure from the Game itself. In fact you scoff at any of us that simply relish the baseball season for the baseball season.
I quite obviously wasn't replying to you here
Then who is the second person in which your post is directed?
BoozingAg
drthoop said:

BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

You do realize that we lucked into that CWS in 2017. Dropped ball on an infield pop up. The Gods were smiling on us that night. We had no business going to Omaha. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we did and I had a blast there but we really shouldn't have been there.

Not to mention getting to host the Super in the first place.

Yes doc, that's my point
BoozingAg
Aggies2009 said:

BoozingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

That's "all we have" but it's also all we need at this point with you. You've proven time and time again that you're not worth engaging in good faith and most of the board sees it now. So in order to not sink to your level, you're simply dismissed. If you want to frame that as some sort of "win" and "proof that you're right", go for it. Every argument about everything results in you saying, "Well I've been proven right over 15 years with Childress" no matter the context, so you obviously need the self-reassurance lmao

So you tell yourself you've won, most of the board sees it, and then claim I'm the one needing self-reassurance.

LOL.
BoozingAg
Quoting and replying to every post I make, and keeping track of my posting history across this website is an interesting definition of "dismissed".
DogCompany74
AG
As with BK, the decision Bjork will have to make next year will center on two things regardless of what does or doesn't happen on the field.

1) Can RC adapt his recruiting to ensure a consistent supply of both offensive and pitching talent getting ON CAMPUS?

2) can he develop offensive talent once they get here?

After 15 years I don't think RC can establish and maintain a Top 8 national program but that will be Bjorks decision.
?
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
94chem
We were a scrawny, punchless, weak-hitting team in 2009 when we went to the Fort Worth Regional. You could tell our guys looked like boys among men. There have been positive blips, but over a long period of time, it has been clear that Childress doesn't recruit mashers, never has, and never will. We are a pitching school. Giving RC an ultimatum about offense is like, well, giving RC Slocum an ultimatum about offense. After 14 years, it ain't gonna happen.
DogCompany74
AG
You know it. I know it. But the guy that can do anything about it isn't around just yet. Bjork won't make any coaching changes until this time next year so the best we can hope for is that he mless it clear to RC that he expects a dramatically improved offense next year with a Top 8 seeding.
Artimus Gordon
Have we exhausted all of rob's Nebraska crony list yet?

I haven't heard of any names popping up here of late.

Should not be surprising that clement turned the job down, and I am glad he did. He was here before and left for reasons unknown. It doesn't look like anyone is breaking down the door to work with Rob.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Have we exhausted all of rob's Nebraska crony list yet?

I haven't heard of any names popping up here of late.

Should not be surprising that clement turned the job down, and I am glad he did. He was here before and left for reasons unknown. It doesn't look like anyone is breaking down the door to work with Rob.
Left for reasons unkown? He was an unpaid volunteer here and left to take a paying job at K-State.
Artimus Gordon
And now I know!

And now we know he didn't want to come back here even to a paid position!
LOYAL AG
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

And now I know!

Yep. Now we know that a guy who has been in Oxford for five years and has a wife and son doesn't want to uproot them.

Point is you're likely making something of this that doesn't exist. He's the #1 assistant at an SEC West school where he's performing well and his family is likely happy and comfortable. We're offering a lateral transfer. Had he taken it that might have been more of a surprise than anything given that it doesn't advance his career.
greg.w.h
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Artimus Gordon said:

And now I know!

Yep. Now we know that a guy who has been in Oxford for five years and has a wife and son doesn't want to uproot them.

Point is you're likely making something of this that doesn't exist. He's the #1 assistant at an SEC West school where he's performing well and his family is likely happy and comfortable. We're offering a lateral transfer. Had he taken it that might have been more of a surprise than anything given that it doesn't advance his career.

Or he would have listened harder for a non-lateral move...or might again in the future.
Leander - Ag
AG
Do whatever tech is doing....
DogCompany74
AG
Clement correctly assumed that the A&M head job will be open soon enough .
LOYAL AG
AG
I doubt we'll hire a current assistant with no head coaching experience to replace Childress. We've already shown we'll pay top 10 money for a baseball coach. No need to get an assistant for that kind of cash. My guess is that the guy we go get if we end up there is going to be a sitting head coach in a P5 conference. The question is who.

IMO none of these are attainable:
Corbin, Vanderbilt - $1.3M.
O'Sullivan, Florida - $1.25M
Van Horn, Arkansas - $1.1M. Already said no once.
McDonnell, Louisville - $1.1M.
Tadlock - Texas Tech - $1M
Lemonis - State. $600K

Remove those guys from your list because we aren't going to $1.5M or more to get one of them. We'll create some smoke and there will be some raises but they aren't happening.

The flavor of the month this year will be Bakich at Michigan who is making $425K. If we were doing this now I would almost expect this to be the guy.

Him aside I think we'll go get Sclossnagle unless TCU has another rough season next year. He's at $1.1M but it's been reported several times he will come if offered.
BoozingAg
Meh. Big time. Don't fall for the coach that's got one Cinderella season and a bunch of mediocre ones
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.