New Hitting Coach Search

26,624 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiedaddie
BoozingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is what we should be hoping for. We don't need any more guaranteed contracts that will have to be paid off in a year. That's the kind of thing that could hold up RC's dismissal. Right now, it's the fact he has two years left on his contract and we just paid BK a buyout and hired Buzz.
BurnetAggie99
Justin is already the hitting coach and recruiting coordinator. Bolt oversaw the offensive philosophy, coaches 3rd base and was assistant head coach
cevans_40
AG
Aggies2009 said:

cevans_40 said:

Aggies2009 said:

cevans_40 said:

Aggies2009 said:

cevans_40 said:

Aggies2009 said:

tjholley16 said:

zagman said:

Tadlock does not play in the SEC and has an easier path in the dumpster fire conference. I don't believe tech makes it to Omaha this year if not for playing another little 12 team in the super.

We rag on the Big 12 ... but since we left, a Big 12 team has ended our season 4 times... and 2 other times our season ended at one of their ballparks.
They've owned us when it's mattered most recently.

2014 - Texas
2015 - TCU
2016 - TCU
2017 - TCU
2018 - (season ended in Austin at a BDF regional)
2019 - (season ended in morgantown at a BDF regional)

2019 is the only time we have ended a Big 12 opponents season.

While I don't agree with him the way you cherrypick and present data is pretty blatant.

If "ending a season" is what's important to you, then yeah it happened to be a Big XII team that beat us a few years. It's had some decent teams over the years but isn't as deep as the SEC. And their best teams haven't been as good as the SEC's best. You're citing teams like Texas and TCU 3-5 years ago... both of who we beat this year. One didn't make the postseason and the other shouldn't have lmao.

Saying 2019 was ended by a Big XII team or even implying the Big XII is good because we lost in Morgantown to an ACC team is an absolute joke, moreso because we should've been hosting.

Man I feel for you in this fight you are amidst. I was the same way with Sumlin and was blind to reality when it was going down. Just let me say, that you will be grateful and relieved when a change is finally made and will ultimately look back and wonder how you missed the forest for the trees.

Okay so what does saying "SEC is better than Big XII" have to do with coaching changes? I literally argued the SEC is deeper than the Big XII and that his metric was very small to say one conference is better. And now you're on about Sumlin and coaching changes. Who's the one "amidst" a fight, again? LOL Don't project, breh.

So you are "for" a coaching change?
I've made myself pretty clear on that front many times, including timing and metrics... And it has nothing to do with Big XII vs SEC.

So you are not going to answer?

It's pretty easy. Yes or no?
I've answered many times. If you legit wanted to know, you'd have read it before. But you don't want to know- you're not asking the question in good faith.

For someone who "feels" for someone amidst a fight, you're trying awfully hard to back me into a corner with some gotcha moment in a discussion completely unrelated. Do you have anything to say regarding my comments on the Big XII and SEC?

I know you're going to try to frame this as "See? You can't answer!" which just reaffirms to me that you're not asking this in good faith. And if that'll help you sleep at night, that's fine with me- I've said many times what you want to know the answer to.

I have no idea what you are trying to get at. It's a really simple question to answer. Do you believe Rob Childress should be retained as head baseball coach? I don't know why you can't answer it. I don't think he should and I believe that due to the trajectory of the program and inability to consistently field a decent offensive team.

I see this failure to hire a hitting coach in a timely manner as a sign of where the program is headed. It has nothing to due with an SEC vs Big 12 baseball conversation. That is a fabricated opinion created by those who wish to somehow justify our inability to advance in the postseason.

[The subject of this thread was a new hitting coach. But, some of you insist on turning every thread into a debate on retaining the head coach. You can start your own thread to discuss that subject. If you persist in hijacking threads on other subjects, you will be banned--Staff]
Aggies2009
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Justin is already the hitting coach and recruiting coordinator. Bolt oversaw the offensive philosophy, coaches 3rd base and was assistant head coach
Seen this said a million times and based on what I've heard, it's true. Or at the very least, Seely has a LOT to do with hitting.

Which makes me wonder what happened between 2014 and 2015 that made our roster suddenly start hitting the ball if the only addition was Bolt. Maybe those guys just came around a bit.

I do specifically remember one time that Hunter Melton was struggling biting on curve balls. Late in the season, he laid off a curve ball, nodded his head, and turned to Bolt at 3rd base to nod his head as if to say, "I saw it!" He got a base hit that time and that made me think, "Man, that Bolt can coach em up!" If only I knew haha.
MMantle
AG
What happened between 2014 and 1015?

Good hitters left the program, weren't replaced.

RR
Aggies2009
AG
MMantle said:

What happened between 2014 and 1015?

Good hitters left the program, weren't replaced.

RR
Er, wrong timeline. You're thinking between 2016-2017 when we lost Banks, et al.

I'm talking 2014 (Sawyers was the offense coach, Seely supposedly hitting coach) when we were terrible at bat and 2015 (Bolt first year as offense coach, Seely still supposedly hitting coach) where the lineups where very similar but suddenly the team was hitting for power AND average. I thought Bolt was behind it, but supposedly Seely was still the hitting coach and of course our offense tanked dramatically after 2016.
MMantle
AG
You're right, wrong timeline.

Lots of moving parts in 2014-2015, I had a number of encounters with Sawyers, not the least bit impressed, maybe he was a big (negative) factor?

i.e., addition by subtraction?

RR
Lemmys Rickenbacker
wendyb said:

The TCU hitting coach will be joining the Ags
Do you think this will be announced after Bjork comes on board officially?
cevans_40
AG
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

wendyb said:

Maybe when pigs fly
Lemmys Rickenbacker
cevans_40 said:

Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

wendyb said:

Maybe when pigs fly
BurnetAggie99
Would be a good here if that's true

https://gofrogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=582&path=baseball
BoozingAg
BurnetAggie99 said:

Would be a good here if that's true

https://gofrogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=582&path=baseball

My favorite thing about his bio is that the words "Nebraska" and "Texarakana" aren't in it
McCoveysCove
Good hire if true...very good recruiter too....even better news that the tcu head coach may be next in line in 2020
Honeybear
Former Aggie SS Cliff Pennington will return to finish his degree and serve as a student coach.
Captain Pablo
AG
Honeybear said:

Former Aggie SS Cliff Pennington will return to finish his degree and serve as a student coach.

Hope he's not bringing Mazzone with him

You don't post much, but you make it count when you do...

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2889986/replies/49991723#49991723
jkag89
Finally getting the "one more year" many of us chanted to Penny in what turned out to be his final game at Olsen. One of the few bright spots of the 2005 season.
themissinglink
AG
Bunk Moreland
Reading his bio on usm site now. Sounds like a strong hire.
Bunk Moreland
jkag89
I guess RC finally got back from his Nebraska vacation.
jkag89
Yes, should be a good hirer. USM fields solid teams year in and year out and tend to be a thorn in Ole Miss and State's side when they play then.
Captain Pablo
AG
OK cool we hired someone

Hopefully he turns this mess around
BoozingAg
Aggies2009
AG
Sweet!
aggiedaddie
That went pretty well. Didn't take too long and seems to be a solid hire. Can't wait to see some results next year! Good luck, Caillet and Ags.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.