Dudy Noble Super Regional Atmosphere

11,102 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
SABUILDERAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic atmosphere for game 2 in Stark Vegas. Reminds me of Olsen in 98-99 when Aggie Alley was rocking.
jkag89
Nobody was in Aggie Alley during the Supers in '99.
zagman
AG
Bring back Aggie Alley!
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Luke The Drifter
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

Fantastic atmosphere for game 2 in Stark Vegas. Reminds me of Olsen in 98-99 when Aggie Alley was rocking.

As much as I love Olsen, nothing (and I mean NOTHING) we've ever done in College Station can compare to what they have going on for MSU baseball in Starkville.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
zagman said:

Bring back Aggie Alley!
Have no problem with Aggie Alley but per NCAA rules it would have to be empty for postseason play if it were to revert to like it was in '98-'99. We tried the whole pay to be admitted to Aggie Alley and it fell flat.
SABUILDERAG
Luke The Drifter said:

SABUILDERAG said:

As much as I love Olsen, nothing (and I mean NOTHING) we've ever done in College Station can compare to what they have going on for MSU baseball in Starkville.

I agree, but you better be careful saying that on this board.
SABUILDERAG
jkag89 said:

Nobody was in Aggie Alley during the Supers in '99.

True. I was referring to the atmosphere in general. t.u. series as an example.
PhatMack19
AG
Leander - Ag
AG
Yep. We had this in the late 90s and let it go.

Leadership does not think big enough. No vision.
clem93
AG
This was an amazing atmosphere:

PhatMack19
AG
AggieBand2004
AG
Some Texas high school baseball games see larger crowds than most West Coast baseball sees.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
[That's not the subject of this thread. There are a dozen other threads on that subject. Post your opinion there. We aren't going to turn every baseball thread into a debate on the coach--Staff]
ordRV80
AG
I would submit that both MSU and LSU and possibly Ark are much more intimidating than BBP.

I am a season ticket holder and love the traditions and the hilarious Raggie action but sometimes, when it really matters, you need just rockus loud, chanting, hell raising crowd.

We do not have that, at all, until the last at bat, when it may be too late, and the Raggies go to stomping the bleachers.

Need this all the time.

Flame away if you must, then admit that I am right.

MSU......that is baseball fun right there.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
BrandoC
AG
You fix that by not allowing people to buy season tickets and barley show up all year (empty seats behind home plate are the worst), expand BBP by 4-5,000 chairback seats down 1st and 3rd base lines, add grilling areas/outfield berms in outfield and allow beer to be sold throughout the stadium. Until then BBP is a small bland stadium with the Reggie's that's it.
Rock1982
AG
BrandoC said:

You fix that by not allowing people to buy season tickets and barley show up all year (empty seats behind home plate are the worst), expand BBP by 4-5,000 chairback seats down 1st and 3rd base lines, add grilling areas/outfield berms in outfield and allow beer to be sold throughout the stadium. Until then BBP is a small bland stadium with the Reggie's that's it.

And bubbles. Don't forget the bubbles.
dermdoc
AG
BrandoC said:

Cool. So how do we pay for that? And how do you "force" season ticket holders to come to games? And if we already have empty seats now, what happens when you add 4-5 k extra seats? And honestly I would love for what you propose to happen.

We have spent over 600 million on Kyle Field, softball, and track. In comparison, Miss State spent 58 mill on Dudy Noble and nothing on anything else to my knowledge. Arky and LSU have not spent anything like that on any facilities to my knowledge. In fact, no other SEC school has.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pdg88
AG
Here are the super regional attendance numbers. It's amazing to see how big the gap is between the games at the SEC West sites and the games at other sites.

Starkville Super Regional (Game 1) - 13,132
Baton Rouge Super Regional (Game 2) - 11,713
Baton Rouge Super Regional (Game 1) - 11,636
Starkville Super Regional (Game 2) - 11,597
Fayetteville Super Regional (Game 2) - 11,383
Fayetteville Super Regional (Game 1) - 11,350
Fayetteville Super Regional (Game 3) - 11,095
Lubbock Super Regional (Game 2) - 4,833
Lubbock Super Regional (Game 3) - 4,782
Lubbock Super Regional (Game 1) - 4,732
Louisville Super Regional (Game 2) - 4,458
Chapel Hill Super Regional (Game 3) - 4,089
Chapel Hill Super Regional (Game 2) - 3,718
Chapel Hill Super Regional (Game 1) - 3,699
Nashville Super Regional (Game 1) - 3,626
Nashville Super Regional (Game 2) - 3,626
Nashville Super Regional (Game 3) - 3,626
Louisville Super Regional (Game 1) - 2,955
Los Angeles Super Regional (Game 3) - 2,031
Los Angeles Super Regional (Game 2) - 1,967
Los Angeles Super Regional (Game 1) - 1,904

Total Attendance at SEC West sites (7 games) - 81,906
Total Attendance at all other sites (14 games) - 50,046
TexasAggie81
Starkville is different than CStat. MSU season ticket holders live in Starkville and (if you've been there) have nothing more to do but go to a ball game. Aggie baseball season tickets don't necessarily live in town. But if they're not going to use their tickets, there's a remedy for that.
twk
AG
ordRV80 said:

I would submit that both MSU and LSU and possibly Ark are much more intimidating than BBP.

I am a season ticket holder and love the traditions and the hilarious Raggie action but sometimes, when it really matters, you need just rockus loud, chanting, hell raising crowd.

We do not have that, at all, until the last at bat, when it may be too late, and the Raggies go to stomping the bleachers.

Need this all the time.

To be fair, the Raggies have been much better about increasing the energy level than they were a few years ago. They are trending in the right direction. I think if we had any kind of a pulse at the plate, it would be more noticeable.
twk
AG
BrandoC said:

This is a good example of why you should always go back and read what you are about to post before you hit the post button. I can't believe that there were actually 5 people who starred this, but I will assume that it was more about adding more capacity (which is also a little detached from reality, but at least not perversely so) rather than the ludicrous idea that the athletic department is going to take away season tickets.
dermdoc
AG
TexasAggie81 said:

Starkville is different than CStat. MSU season ticket holders live in Starkville and (if you've been there) have nothing more to do but go to a ball game. Aggie baseball season tickets don't necessarily live in town. But if they're not going to use their tickets, there's a remedy for that.
Couple of facts, Miss State averaged about 60% capacity for baseball this past season while being ranked in the top 10.

Secondly, according to Derek, who is a ticket broker, 95% of Aggie home baseball games had reserved seats(not grass) for six dollars. And there was only one sellout all season.

I own and run my own business and do not think it is a good business model to have 60% actual customers when I am at the top of my game. The most revealing thing is that most Aggies appear unaware tickets are that cheap on the secondary markets. They do not even make the effort to check out prices, They are less than a movie ticket. Granted, demand would increase somewhat with more wins,.

But the facts are that Jimbo and Buzz have not generated a substantial increase in season ticket sales to my knowledge. I know that we had 10k unsold season fb tickets last year. And we have posters on here who want to penalize season ticket holders for not using their tickets. I assume because it does not look good on tv because obviously there is little or no effort on their part to purchase tickets. At least the season tickets holders are spending some money. Even if not there.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mullokmotx
AG
The total attendance in LA was less than any of the SEC West games.

When the price of a ticket on Stubhub is $6 the total cost in my experience is about $9.80 with the Stubhub fees.
jkag89
BrandoC said:

Until then BBP is a small bland stadium with the Reggie's that's it.
The only place that Olsen Field might be considered a "small and bland" park is in the SEC and even then it has greater capacity and a better atmosphere than most of the leagues stadiums.
HTownAg
AG
ordRV80 said:

Need this all the time.

Agreed, and all three have higher seating capacities.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Rock1982 said:

BrandoC said:

And bubbles. Don't forget the bubbles.

I bet the sales of bubbles in the greater B/CS area took a bit hit this year.
Tex100
AG
ordRV80 said:

Need this all the time.

taking away some of the upstairs GA didn't help
jkag89
You do realize that equivalent seats at the Box, Baum or Dudy Noble are not GA and probably reserved for season tickets?
dermdoc
AG
jkag89 said:

You do realize that equivalent seats at the Box, Baum or Dudy Noble are not GA and probably reserved for season tickets?

You are correct. Just like in football, we are the only SEC school who reserves GA seating between the first and third base bags. And of course, nobody does what we do with student seating at Kyle,
MaroonMack
dermdoc said:

TexasAggie81 said:

Couple of facts, Miss State averaged about 60% capacity for baseball this past season while being ranked in the top 10.
I used to live in Mississippi, and based on my acquaintances, I would bet that at least 40% of State's season ticket holders do not live in Starkville. They pack 'em in on the weekends when the out-of-towners can make the trip, but that stadium is a ghost town in the midweek.
twk
AG
I think a lot of State season ticket holders live in West Point and Columbus and places like that, where they can drive up and back to the game on gameday. But, unless it's Super Bulldog Weekend, getting a hotel room on a baseball weekend is not a problem, so I don't think that they are coming in from a great distance. Perhaps great enough not to bother with Tuesday games (which would be the case for our season ticket holders that live, say, in NW Harris County).
Luke The Drifter
AG
It's all relative. By national standards, Olsen is one of the best. By SEC West standards, one of the worst.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
trouble
AG
twk said:

ordRV80 said:

Need this all the time.

To be fair, the Raggies have been much better about increasing the energy level than they were a few years ago. They are trending in the right direction. I think if we had any kind of a pulse at the plate, it would be more noticeable.

It would be helpful if more people outside 203* realized they could yell, scream, stomp without someone else starting it.
twk
AG
Quote:

It would be helpful if more people outside 203* realized they could yell, scream, stomp without someone else starting it.
You're preaching to the choir. Patrick, over in 102, and I kind of alternate on getting the folks downstairs on the first base side to clapping at appropriate points.

It's the fossils on the 3rd base side who you need to talk to.
Luke The Drifter
AG
twk said:

Quote:

You're preaching to the choir. Patrick, over in 102, and I kind of alternate on getting the folks downstairs on the first base side to clapping at appropriate points.

It's the fossils on the 3rd base side who you need to talk to.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.