Why are some Teams Wearing Evoshield Helmets?

2,518 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KatyAg88
Alpha Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noticed a few teams this weekend are wearing evoshield helmets. I think I've seen it with Vandy, Stanford, Okie State and a few others. Evoshield is owned by Wilson.

I'm surprised that teams aren't wearing helmets from the companies that they have deals with. When I was still playing a few years ago, I preferred Under Armor helmets and didn't even know evoshield made helmets.

I guess evoshield is just putting out some really good helmets. Anyone know what's up with that?
Capitol Ag
AG
Saw that. But I'd assume they have a deal with Wilson/evoshield. College baseball teams many times have deals with multiple brands. For instance we have a deal with adi and Easton. Used to have Louisville Slugger/TPX and Nike then adi. Adidas and Nike provide helmets too. I don't know the details but those programs probably have similar deals to go with Wilson for helmets.
agfan2332
What Capital said pretty much sums it up. I think Evoshield is the new "hip" brand out there that sells for Wilson. I want to say a lot of their helmets are a matte and it seems a lot of teams like that right now.
KatyAg88
The teams you see wearing Evo Shield helmets are wearing Nike uniforms. Not all of those are using Wilson gloves or Demarini bats.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.